Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, the Dam is where I noticed it. Glad to know it's not just me, phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really need the hardcore server files fixed, think once they are this will de a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

battser wrote: »
    You running on High? How is FPS?

I did the system test and it defaulted mostly ultra and high. I did turn off the motion blur (hate that ****-no need in a FPS online anyway)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It is a sad day, I have retired my Battlefield name "ImAwesome1987" as I feel I am no longer awesome enough for it :P

Now known as TheKtulu as some ****e bag(probably me) has a ktulu123 account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It is a sad day, I have retired my Battlefield name "ImAwesome1987" as I feel I am no longer awesome enough for it :P

After 11 years of 'Jonski' I lost the nick to ......... ME ! so now I am Jonsk1 . And I know it's me it just wouldn't let me retrieve it .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ktulu123 wrote: »

At least it's now more consistent with mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone here looking forward to the release tomorrow on PS3 or 360?

Personally I am but not as much as BF3, which is a little disappointing especially when I actually really enjoyed the BETA in the end.

Am hearing poor reviews which has taken the excitement away a little but maybe that will serve me good tomorrow night and the weekend.

I am sure Rush and Obliteration will be very good on current gen thereby leaving conquest for PS4 on the 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Is the review embargo still up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone here looking forward to the release tomorrow on PS3 or 360?

Personally I am but not as much as BF3, which is a little disappointing especially when I actually really enjoyed the BETA in the end.

Am hearing poor reviews which has taken the excitement away a little but maybe that will serve me good tomorrow night and the weekend.

I am sure Rush and Obliteration will be very good on current gen thereby leaving conquest for PS4 on the 29th.

I expect any bad reviews will be focused on bugs and the lacklustre single player.

But I expect it to be recieved better then bf3 just on the point that the rush maps in BF4 are simply better then almost all the bf3 rush maps.

and rush is the bread and butter of the battlefield series on current gen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I expect any bad reviews will be focused on bugs and the lacklustre single player.

But I expect it to be recieved better then bf3 just on the point that the rush maps in BF4 are simply better then almost all the bf3 rush maps.

and rush is the bread and butter of the battlefield series on current gen
    i was pleased to see majority of the negative reviews are spammy re-regs and the odd pc player complaining about crashes (and giving the game a 0)

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Is the review embargo still up?

Reviews out since monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

random question

is the irish player who is the reserve for the european battlefield team on boards?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/10/battlefield-4-showdown/

Sonicjiz?

It'll be on 2nd assault so we might see the *new* metro or caspian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've had 3 crashes in 20 minutes and that's after downloading a 700MB patch last night.

Mickfitz Irish should be in there, I switch to his team when playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

One thing that is pissing me off at the moment is the number of times that I get a mobility kill in a dogfight and not a kill. I'll win the fight, blasting them with the cannon and then getting two hits with the missiles, knocks the aircraft down yet doesn't kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

One thing that is pissing me off at the moment is the number of times that I get a mobility kill in a dogfight and not a kill. I'll win the fight, blasting them with the cannon and then getting two hits with the missiles, knocks the aircraft down yet doesn't kill them.

Sure 9/10 times the pilots bale in any way resulting in no kill so its much of a muchness. But it is annoying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure 9/10 times the pilots bale in any way resulting in no kill so its much of a muchness. But it is annoying.....

Jaysus, they can bale using jets now? Square bales is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Yea, except I always mange to get killed in my helo. Guess I'm too much of a tryer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    random question

is the irish player who is the reserve for the european battlefield team on boards?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/10/battlefield-4-showdown/

Sonicjiz?

It'll be on 2nd assault so we might see the *new* metro or caspian.

Nope.

That's FatPaulie from PixelEnemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

BATTLEFIELD 4 IS HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE yayyyyyy :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nope.

That's FatPaulie from PixelEnemy.

Nice sig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Anyone else having issues with friendly tags not always showing up until you point at a player, or spam Q near them? The result all too often is a TK and it doesnt even tell the shooter they killed a friendly.

Im not sure if its some kind of "feature" or something, but its really annoying!

The game though, awesome and stunningly beautiful and the sounds, well I didnt think they could top BF3, but this is something else.

Never in my gaming life, and Ive been gaming since the Acorn Electron and ZX Spectrum, have I see such a huge improvement from a beta to the launch version. Like two different games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

THIS GAME IS BLOODY AWESOME

That is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone order bf4 for ps3 and talk to gamestop yet about upgrading to the ps4 version of the game on it's release? supposed to be E15 but knowing gamestop it'll be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi, anyone know when we can see Second Assault live? I am actually dying to see the new metro....could be incredible?

I'd like to see the outdoors path extended down the map to the park, i.e. when moving from B to the Russian Deployment and taking the left exit there is a void there which would be good possibly for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hallo dare wrote: »
    anyone order bf4 for ps3 and talk to gamestop yet about upgrading to the ps4 version of the game on it's release? supposed to be E15 but knowing gamestop it'll be more.
    Is that €15 with the PS3 copy as a trade in or do you get to have both copies?
    The former isn't much of an incentive to buy the PS3 version for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

4670k@4.2/6950@6970
    playing on high with 50-60 fps, no drops. they've done a great job optimizing the whole thing vs beta
    I'm already in love with this game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You have two options. If your game has a code you can buy a digital upgrade from Sony for a tenner and you keep bf4 for ps3 and download it for ps4.

Or trade it in game stop for 15 for a new boxed ps4 copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    4670k@4.2/6950@6970
    playing on high with 50-60 fps, no drops. they've done a great job optimizing the whole thing vs beta
    I'm already in love with this game

This is music to my 6950 ears! Loverly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

just out of gamestop now. you have 30 days from the day of purchase of bf4 on ps3 to trade it in plus add E15 to get bf4 on the ps4. Or just keep your disx and do a digital download for E10 to your ps4

Advertisement