Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Just picked up my preorder from xtravision and was given a bag full of random bf4 branded stuff - tshirt, choccie bar, keychain bottle opener, mini first aid kit, emergency poncho.
    Gonna be a long day at work now, must try and slope off early if I can :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nice one! Lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Gonna be a long day at work now

You remember it. Remember every bit of it, 'cause we are on the eve of a day that people are going to talk about long after we are dead and gone.

Mandatory Longest Day quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Is this a big improvement over 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just picked up my preorder from xtravision and was given a bag full of random bf4 branded stuff - tshirt, choccie bar, keychain bottle opener, mini first aid kit, emergency poncho.

Me too except mine contained, the drawstring bag, the chocolate bar, a bottle of lucozade orange, the chocolate bar, a lanyard and the bottle opener. Oh and of course the dog tags. From Gamestop. Wasn't expecting anything bonus so delighted with it! :D

ilcX5En.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know when we can see Second Assault live? I am actually dying to see the new metro....could be incredible?

I'd like to see the outdoors path extended down the map to the park, i.e. when moving from B to the Russian Deployment and taking the left exit there is a void there which would be good possibly for that

Id like it if they could expand the map to include bits of Seine Crossing seeing as the Russian spawn in Metro is essentially the back of the building that the Russians spawn beside in Seine.

Probably not feasible, but it'd be nice if they tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me, or there is quite a lack of servers? I managed to get in to few, but there are some lag issues etc.

After playing some more multiplayer, I can believe how good maps are. These maps are huge improvement over BF3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

plenty of them for me, with fantastic pings too (28+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Is it me, or there is quite a lack of servers? I managed to get in to few, but there are some lag issues etc.

After playing some more multiplayer, I can believe how good maps are. These maps are huge improvement over BF3.

a lot of people havent bought/upgraded servers because they're only getting the game today

multiplayer is buggy sometimes and needs a patch

Yeah maps are better its amazing what happens when the 360/ps3 arent considered during level design

Are you using the server browser?

Also, you can reduce your latency by reducing the 'Network Smoothing Factor' in Options>Gameplay.

• Advertisement

DaLad wrote: »
    Are you using the server browser?

Also, you can reduce your latency by reducing the 'Network Smoothing Factor' in Options>Gameplay.

Aye, I am. As NTMK said, good few servers have not updated yet. I will try to lower that latency thing too.

Aye, I am. As NTMK said, good few servers have not updated yet. I will try to lower that latency thing too.

By reducing it, some visuals mightn't be as good, such as gamertags above peoples heads but it's not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

don't forget the lucozade also. nice to get a few goodies along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

hallo dare wrote: »
    don't forget the lucozade also. nice to get a few goodies along with it.

Sippin' on it now! Nice surprise alright, actually got a t-shirt the day I pre-ordered as well so wasn't expecting anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ktulu123 wrote: »
    For those having some stuttering issues/graphical issues this video tutorial helped me out :)

odd thing.

My game had been running damn well (considering my system) when I initially started playing, and today I thought I'd do what was suggested in this video just to see if it makes things even better.

I had no stuttering issues prior to this

now I do.

I feel like an idiot, should have left what was working well alone.

I can run the game in ultra in single player and work with about 40fps

but multiplayer I keep things in high or medium and normally this gave me 60-70fps steady

today I was dipping constantly into the 40s and 30s, especially on parasal storm.

maps like dawnbreaker were fine for the most part and the really odd part was my fps improved when the storm started, prior in fully sunny happy weather...it was awful.

Will do some experimenting poking etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im running a fairly crappy machine and honestly this has been released with a decent degree of optimisation.

My specs

Athlon 2 x4 @ 3.3
    Radeon 6870
    4gb Ram
    Windows 7

Nothing to write home about but playing at 1680x1050 at High settings and getting a solid 60 fps.Some maps Im dropping to 50 but this is more playable than BF3 was when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh, sort of solved my issues

it seems the old beta trick of setting bf4 to run in low priority does the trick to counter whatever ****wit action I did with those directx drivers.

hopefully mantel will be much smoother with my 7870.

my specs

amd phenom x4 955

12 gig ram

radeon hd 7870

I can run the campaign with everything on ultra and it is very playable. But not to the standard one would need to be competitive online

the training field is a damn poor test bed for fps cause I get over 120 fps when I run around there when in game it sticks at 60fps when I'm running 1920X1080 with a mix of high and medium with AA off and dynamic lighting (hbao, ssao) off aswell

tempted to drop my resolution down a smidge if it actually improves performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

LAGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Killing certain maps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone have a link where I can see second assault on Xbox from tonight?

Caspian looks the same!!!! "!""

Played Rush tonight, they removed the icon when as defender you know your team was disarming. Annoying

Also have the arming sound so low I find it hard to know what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I wish they had kept the little icon that told you where your at-mines were planted and if they were destroyed. Anyone else noticing it freezing similar to the metro freeze on specific maps that Hainian map in particular (Xbox). Vehicles don't handle as smoothly as Id like

• Advertisement

Well, I honestly LOVE it. Its definitely not a BF 3.1 The Test Island is such a great IDEA. I finally was able to fly some helicopters and learn the basics. Now I have a lot more confidence in real games.

Its gets thumbs from me and "Shadowhearts seal of approval!" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What a game. Playing on ps3. First real crack at battlefield. Hard to get to grips with but enjoying it. Any good servers for it in ps3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

CptMackey wrote: »
    What a game. Playing on ps3. First real crack at battlefield. Hard to get to grips with but enjoying it. Any good servers for it in ps3 ?
    Get a pc or buy ps4 xbone when they come out and see how you like 64 player mayhem ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not too sure about it - I need to play more.

I like the new weapons and increased variety but I find the colours saturated to the point of looking cartoony at times. Also the orange fill in the killcam is the worst thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Agree with the killcam thign there. Although I'm only playing on ps3 to tide me over till next gen. I HATE the way the damage has been increased/health has been decreased exponentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Absolutely loving BF4 so far but I seem to be constantly getting disconnected tonight, so I've decided to take a break from playing and make my first ever emblem for a game:

5ph0.png

Played Rush tonight, they removed the icon when as defender you know your team was disarming. Annoying

I think you can watch it from the live event player from earlier... It should be on the dashboard.

Or.... here.... lol

1:37:05 to start the actual show btw :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The more I've played it the better my opinion of it has become, however, the reduced TTK really irks me still. Corner camping was never an issue in previous BFs because any semi skilled player could usually get the turn on a player camping in a corner but it seemed really prevalent in the games I played today. I hope its just limited to the current gen consoles. Can't imagine a 32/64 player game having that issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Played it for 6 hours tonight. Really love the big maps. A few small annoyances. I keep getting stuck on random crap on the maps. My guy doesn't jump over them and I end up getting shot! My tank got stuck on the top checkpoint in the dish map. Eventually just blew my way out of it :D

Advertisement