Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about it - I need to play more.

I like the new weapons and increased variety but I find the colours saturated to the point of looking cartoony at times. Also the orange fill in the killcam is the worst thing ever.

Easily solved by playing like a man, on hardcore! Kill cams, health regen, 100% health is a sorry sad state of affairs.

For hardcore, come join our server here.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/91074c55-5173-4e7f-803c-7aeb51ef5e1d/DST-UK-Hardcore-www-deltastriketeam-com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Played a six hour session on PS3. Overall excellent, especially

- medic train over, only got revived 4 times in 6 hrs

- ttk is a little longer in Beta, actually perfect now... running and gunning shod be done with more caution

- really love recon now, great fun using pld and sniping or c4 and motion balls

- weather in Paracel Storm is amazing

- relied system in vehicles is excellent

On a negative the graphics on ps3 are a struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Easily solved by playing like a man, on hardcore! Kill cams, health regen, 100% health is a sorry sad state of affairs.

For hardcore, come join our server here.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/91074c55-5173-4e7f-803c-7aeb51ef5e1d/DST-UK-Hardcore-www-deltastriketeam-com/

I think he is saying it's too easy to die in which case hardcore means he will die quicker. For some reason he mentions you should be able to turn around and shoot someone who started shooting you in the back. That's the last thing bf needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I think he is saying it's too easy to die in which case hardcore means he will die quicker. For some reason he mentions you should be able to turn around and shoot someone who started shooting you in the back. That's the last thing bf needs.

Nah that guy he was talking to was someone else. I was mentioning the vastly reduced ttk. It removes a certain degree of gunplay from the game was my point. Im not gonna be all snarky cause maybe I phrased it poorly but in bf3 and bfbc2 if someone got the jump on you but was fairly inaccurate you could take them down first if you were accurate and quick.

With the reduced ttk this is less common imo as I've been killed by spray and pray more often than usual. I'm not saying this as someone who is useless at the game or anything. I quite pride myself in being the top 0% in different categories in bf3 for varying periods of time :pac: Its just I find myself dying more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I quite pride myself in being the top 0% in different categories in bf3 for varying periods of time :pac: Its just I find myself dying more often.
    yup, nailed it :P

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    yup, nailed it :P

Its the way http://bf3stats.com/ Do it. 0% is 1 and so on. They don't go as far as 100 for some reason :P just 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Absolutely loving BF4 so far but I seem to be constantly getting disconnected tonight, so I've decided to take a break from playing and make my first ever emblem for a game:

5ph0.png

How da' **** did you make that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How da' **** did you make that lol.

Add a black circle, a yellow circle, and another black circle and stretch them out to look like this:

jhim.png

Then just add some yellow circles and boxes over the inner black circle to shape out the Batman logo like this (I've coloured the shapes different colours so you can see them better)

d0ag.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nah, we're getting posts confused. I was just simply complaining about some of the graphics and the orange fill in the killcam. BTW I do like hardcore, but everyone is playing everything and anything now so it's irrelevant.

Anyhoo since we're talking about ttk - I don't know yet, I haven't played enough, though I need to work on my accuracy. Certainly I would hold up TF2 as a game where there's a bit more of a 'dance' with an opponent with much slower weapons etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Disconects and just pure Game crashes real starting to get on my tits.

Specially when there are about 4 -5 of us getting squad sorted etc. ****ing sick of this ****.

Might be a stupid question but i presume your commander score doesn't impact on your k/d or spm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

One thing that is bothering me is the changes they made to the guided rocket for the Scout helicopter. It seems weaker now than it was in BF3 and most annoyingly you have to maintain a lock on for it to hit.

It seems like they tweaked the ECM jammer, has anyone else noticed this? Doesn't seem to jam heatseekers as effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Those boats on Paracel Storm are impossible to take out with a launcher. I was getting 8 damage on them with the same rocket I use to kill tanks, I usually get 21 damage per rocket on tanks.

What I have noticed is that they have nerfed stingers quite a bit. Anyone notice the freeze on Hainan Resort?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have to play on hardcore servers, some vehicles are unstoppable in softcore with regen.

That attack boat being one.

CRASH CRASH CRASH......GAME IS FCUKED ALREADY!!!!!

EA NEVER ****IN LEARN A THING DO THEY

RANT OVER

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Had unreal craic tonight. We had some young lad some of you might know (James74) he was a small bit drunk & provided hours of entertainment. One moment in particular.... I'll let James describe it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Javelins do a fair bit of damage to the attack boats. Just have to hold the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

The BF4 Premium calendar shows China Rising coming Dec 3 plus all the not exactly exciting stuff Premium gets you.

Hi, does Commander score impact on your k/d or spm?

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi, does Commander score impact on your k/d or spm?

Dont know but its an absolute shambles of a mode. It must have been programmed on a lunch break. Even if they brought back the old commander the exact same it would have been better then this....pure tripe it is. :rolleyes:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont know but its an absolute shambles of a mode. It must have been programmed on a lunch break. Even if they brought back the old commander the exact same it would have been better then this....pure tripe it is. :rolleyes:

I'm adamant that they released a shell of the game for current gen and currently on PC and are focussing on releasing a beast of a game for next gen (and rolling out fixes and updates for PC concurrently) It helps me sleep at night after having forked out 60 euro on a game that is seemingly unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Somehow I doubt it Timmy, after all they're in the business of making money and PS3/XBOX360 is projected to be a bigger market than the next gen consoles for the next while - after all, I read somewhere that the PS3 only started outselling the PS2 about two years ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Had unreal craic tonight. We had some young lad some of you might know (James74) he was a small bit drunk & provided hours of entertainment. One moment in particular.... I'll let James describe it :P

Apologies to all the good folks on Gael Lords last night. Feeling the effect now. And listen here MrI'mFeckinAwesome, I've just got myself a new gpu, I was just admiring the beautiful the textures on the inside of the lift doors. I knew perfectly well the the other doors were open behind me.... I'm going to sit down now.

Great craic last night, but again apologies if I was a bit of a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

UPDATE (Nov 3):
    Server crashes
    We have identified an issue where the game server will crash and disconnect players, causing them to lose any stats gathered during that specific round. We have a fix in progress to address this issue in a server update and will let you know once it's ready to roll out.

Since the launch of Battlefield 4, some fans playing online have been experiencing various issues with the game. Thanks to your feedback, many of these problems have been resolved, but there are still a number of bugs that we are actively working on. Below you will find a list of some of the resolved issues, as well as some of the issues we are prioritizing at the moment and what we’re doing to address them.

Game crashes and freezes
    ELIMINATED AS WE IDENTIFY THEM
    Players on all formats have been experiencing game crashes and freezes while playing. We have logs of the most frequently occurring client crashes, and we are actively working to Obliterate the cause of these crashes in upcoming updates.

Note that crashes come in different types, and therefore this is technically not one single issue. There are two kinds of crashes and two types of updates that can address them: server-side updates that we can release on the fly (four of these have already been released since launch), and game client updates that require more in-depth testing and certification before they can go live.

We have found and eliminated some of the server-side crashes on PC in the latest server update (version R4) that went live November 1. There is also a planned client update on PC in the near future where we are aiming to eliminate as many of the client-related crashes as possible.

Progress in Multiplayer Lost
    INVESTIGATING
    Players have reported losing their progress in multiplayer. This is probably related to crashes stopping the game reports from being sent to Battlelog. We are still investigating this issue in more detail. Note that your progress sometimes can seem to be reset during server maintenance windows. In these cases, your stats will be just fine and reappear later.

Single Player Save File Corrupted
    INVESTIGATING
    We are still investigating the issue of single player save files being corrupted for some players. If you have experienced this problem, please describe below the steps leading up to the save file being corrupted, your platform (PC, PS3 or X360), and when the issue occurred. If you’re on PC, please also list your OS and system specs.

Miscellaneous Audio Bugs
    FIX UPCOMING
    We are aware of the issues with missing/corrupted audio in multiplayer and have created a fix for them. This fix is planned for release in the next PC client patch (see “Upcoming Updates” below.)

Magazine Reload Bug on Normal
    FIXED
    On all platforms, some players were experiencing a bug when playing on Normal servers. The bug caused the reload setting to incorrectly mimic the behavior from Hardcore servers. This was fixed in our fourth and latest server update.

Xbox 360 Missions not Working as Intended
    FIXED
    There was a bug preventing Xbox 360 players from creating MISSIONS. This should now work properly, as we made some necessary changes to the backend infrastructure.

Battlefield 4 Premium “Reset Stats” Feature Not Working
    FIX ROLLING OUT
    Battlefield 4 Premium members have the option of resetting their multiplayer stats. This feature has not been working as intended. We have now identified the cause and solution, and Battlelog will perform a zero downtime fix for this that should roll out very soon.

Server Queues not Functioning
    PENDING FUTURE PATCH
    Players haven’t been able to join queues for servers, and we are actively working on the issue. We believe we have a solution to this, pending a future patch. We disabled server queues as we found a bug in the queue system, and we are working to isolate the real issue and find a solution for it.

Promotional Battlepack Items Not Appearing In-game and/or on Battlelog
    INVESTIGATING
    We are aware of this issue, and are working on a solution for it. Note that in some cases the Battlepack items will actually show up after a delay. If you’re still not seeing your items after 12 hours or so, please reach out to EA Help at https://help.ea.com/en/battlefield/battlefield-4 [help.ea.com].

What’s Next? Upcoming Updates
    We are working on a PC client patch at the moment and hope to release it soon. We will share the patch notes once we have the patch contents finalized. The main focus is to fix as many crashes as possible, starting with the issues affecting a large number of players. We will update you once we are ready to release new server updates. We are currently working on server update #5, with four being released so far.

Keep the Gameplay Feedback Coming!
    We are hearing your feedback regarding gameplay balance and other tweaks to classes and weapons, and are actively discussing these with the designers.

One subject that’s been generating a lot of feedback is the controller layout in Battlefield 4. An in-depth look at the controller options in Battlefield 4 will be published later on the Battlefield Blog at http://blogs.battlefield.com/ [blogs.battlefield.com].

Thanks for your Patience
    We would like to thank all players who have been reporting their issues to us – your feedback is invaluable when making sure we can deliver the Battlefield 4 experience you all deserve. In true DICE fashion, we will keep supporting Battlefield 4 for a long time, and we appreciate your feedback and patience as we work these issues out.

/The DICE team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im loving the game so far, biggest thing that annoys me is how vehicles handle, was definitely more straight forward on bf3.

I am excited to see this on next gen consoles, more players per server, graphics will look better, just will be a great experience im sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

James74 wrote: »
    Apologies to all the good folks on Gael Lords last night. Feeling the effect now. And listen here MrI'mFeckinAwesome, I've just got myself a new gpu, I was just admiring the beautiful the textures on the inside of the lift doors. I knew perfectly well the the other doors were open behind me.... I'm going to sit down now.

Great craic last night, but again apologies if I was a bit of a dick.

hahaha chap no worries! You were unreal. I'd say you are feeling it alright :P Can't wait to get that video out, I absolutely lost it hahaha Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Game is worse today than it was on launch, 4 crashes now and I've only been online an hour and a ****ing half. Head absolutely wrecked with this **** like.

Please Please Please EA/DICE dont release a patch that fixes the known bugs only to create new ones....talk about one step forward 2 steps back. Also the reload times for the RPGs is far too quick. Its like throwing apples ffs.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Is it me or is the spawn system crap? The amount of times i've spawned and instant death is unbelievable :mad:

Advertisement