Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I made this myself.
    ScreenshotWin32-0002_zpsd9237160.png
    Hey, did I kill you the other night? That combination of boards logo and Irish flag is a bit distinctive, I keep feeling like I'll have to come on here and apologise for knifing a boardsie every time I manage it and then see the logo in the emblem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

d3c337dbe42a4062d292c0855b9cd3c4.png

This is my new Emblem, designed by the Slengineer (aka Cayin). I asked for a drunken potato with as many racist stereotypes as possible. lol

Nice work, but it doesn't so much look drunk as much as it looks like it's in the middle of a terribly taxing bowel movement...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sparks wrote: »
    Hey, did I kill you the other night? That combination of boards logo and Irish flag is a bit distinctive, I keep feeling like I'll have to come on here and apologise for knifing a boardsie every time I manage it and then see the logo in the emblem :D

I'm using the sam emblem (i borrowed it :p) so it may have been me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Some needs to make an "Only in Battlefield :rolleyes:" video.

A compilation of all those moments that just defy logic in a 'team' game. Like tonight, I've just picked up the bomb and I'm heading towards a tank with an open seat, when one of my 'team mates' decides to hop in instead and the two of them drive of leaving me to get killed...only in battlefield :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Go to youtube, search for "Battlefield friends", watch all three seasons, sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A lot of people killed me! :D If you see that emblem its me or Game4it ( game4it70 on boards here ). The little weasel stole it of me! :D

Playing on server with all Irish lads is a lot more fun. You learn to hate them not just in games, but in boards.ie too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

1GB patch downloading, please please please let the crashes now be a thing of the past.

"1Gb" and "patch" used in the same sentence like that without a hint of irony.
    The coder in me weeps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

The coder in me weeps...

They must be replacing assets, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Well as an auld codger about to enter his 5th decade (feck me!) and since the height of my coding ability is being able to click the "make-internets-happen-now" icon, I beg forgiveness for a my lack of irony. Kay? Kay.

I have been used to the Arma 3 Dev version and its daily 400MB+ updates, but I'm hoping that the 1GB size here means that they will be hitting loads of issues (without creating too many new **** ups).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

According to the forums on battlelog people are reporting new issues and even more crashing lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Crashing might have a lot to do with clients being updated but servers still running R8. Shanghai doesnt seem to be dumping players on levolution event but people are seeing a weird red/green 3d-effect type texture glitch though. Sound bug still there on golmud railway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The coder in me weeps...

Hey, it's bloody fine compared to the 4GB BF3 patches that we had. I'll take a 1GB patch any day on my 2 Mb connection. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The old 4gb patches contained the expanision packs whether you owned them or not.

Wasnt many patches for Bf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sure dont you know the next patch fixes the crashes and the patch after that fixes the damage done by the 1st patch. Thats ALWAYS the way EA/DICE worked.....****in numpties the lot of them.

I would take the crashes ten times over the terrible hit detection, its absolutely laughable the **** going on in my games.

Dont forget to update Punkbuster aswell lads.....there was an update for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh*

my normally quite good internet connection has been absolutely woeful pretty much all of today with no explanation (hovers between 0.5 and 0.3 mb per second :( ) no patch for me yet or anything else on the internet beyond boards.ie *grr*

Well I personally found a huge difference last night in both crashes and hit detection, had 2 round mostly on foot and had a K:D of 4. One round had a K:D of 42-8 on the prison cell level what ever its called. So its vastly improved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont forget to update Punkbuster aswell lads.....there was an update for me anyway

Is that manual update or is it automatic ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

fergus1001 wrote: »

Both, but automatic can be a bit crappy.

fergus1001 wrote: »

Well I always manually do the update so I know its current, dont know how the automatic works or how frequent it is m8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Myself and the brother having the best game of Conquest ever on GaelLords. 27-16 for me with 34000 points at end of round. Some laugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Task one for me in BF4 was to unlock all sniper rifles, always do in BF games :) didnt take too long.
    SO task one lastnight had to be to unlock the China Rising sniper L96A1

Sniper ribbon x3
    Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
    Get a kill with a DMR in a round
    Get a kill with C4 in a round

Its not too hard but needs to be done in one round so the C4 was always goign to be dodgy once i got everythign else done , but i managed to kill 6 guys with one C4 detonation in operation locker :)
    They were taking a flag below me down the stairs ,a glorious opportunity i wasnt going to ignore ,up pops the lovely L96A1 gun unlock to my screen with a tonne of kill and bonus messages - was pretty epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I have to confess, its been very difficult to run around maps with my MTAR due to the massive erection I have had since unlocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I have to confess, its been very difficult to run around maps with my MTAR due to the massive erection I have had since unlocking it.

Way to much info :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Not sure I'll be able to use that gun now with that image associated with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Favourite maps so far??

Operation locker for me and zavod. Don't like the railway one at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assume the Mtar can only be equipped in game and not on battlelog?

Cos i have it and its not in my loadout screen.

• Advertisement

Only in game, it's a glitch in the client patch that you have it at all apparently (it was meant to be in the China Rising DLC it seems).

Don't like the unlocking crap though. It's fine for people who can spend twelve hours a day in the game, but us few who can just about squeak in two to four hours on a good day are left out in the cold being murdered by the people who unlock these things.

I guess EA's marketing guys are drooling over that segment of the demographic (and contemplating how to sell us shortcut kits). :mad: One of these days, they're going to sell us an option to buy the entire game in one go so we can use every weapon in there from the start, like, oh, I don't know, all the fecking games we started playing online in the first place used to. :mad: Until then, it's basic game, basic game with deluxe content, basic game with deluxe content and premium membership, and then shortcut kits on top of that, and probably now micropurchases for battlepacks...

Advertisement