Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You can unlock anything pretty quickly Xp boost + Lockerhead = win

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If it's just to get the normal weapons, yeah (and there are a few 24/7 locker-only servers in Germany with decent ping times, and a few are even hardcore which is a damn sight more fun I'm finding) but the new weapons that just came out have to be unlocked with specific tasks in-game which are a bit more demanding as they mostly have to be done all in one round:
    L85A2

Assignment: Open Fire
    •Assault ribbon x3
    •Get a kill with a pistol in a round
    •Get a kill with 40mm grenade in a round
    •Get a kill with the defibrillator in a round

L96A1

Assignment: Need Only One
    •Sniper ribbon x3
    •Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
    •Get a kill with a DMR in a round
    •Get a kill with C4 in a round

MTAR-21

Assignment: Multitalented
    •Get a kill with an AR
    •Get a kill with a LMG
    •Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
    •Get a kill with kill with a grenade

RPK-74M

Assignment: Powder Keg
    •LMG ribbon 3x
    •Get a kill with the M224 Mortar

MP7

Assignment: Make A Dent
    •Destroy an air vehicle with portable AA
    •Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3

Also, two new gadgets:
    •SUAV, Flying laser designator. Must be controlled (Recon)
    •UCAV, Flying Airburst grenade. Must be controlled (Support, Long refil from Ammobox)

New Assignments:

Middle King
    •10 Hours China Rising
    •5 Kill streak
    •1 Kill with SUAV"

JackFrags showcasing the new stuff:

Yeah I have 2 of them done, both done on Locker head :D

An 800 ticket server and they are not that difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I dont really think the starting weaponry/early unlockable weapons are that much worse than the ones you unlock later. Also BF4 seems piss easy to unlock gear in comparison to bf3. I unlocked the entire Engineer kit and a service star in a few hours in this.

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING ATTACKS ON OUR INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IMPACTING ONLINE GAMEPLAY ON BF4 PC. WE ARE WORKING ON MITIGATING ACTIONS
    Er, ye what now?
    What, the chinese don't like something about BF4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Sparks wrote: »
    Er, ye what now?
    What, the chinese don't like something about BF4?

Whuh?

Celts server forgetting everyone's unlocks. Is that deliberate? Not a horrid idea really...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Whuh?
    Last few times I've heard of (real) large-scale hacking stories it was the chinese, whether it be the DoD in the US saying they were being attacked on a large scale, or certain manufacturers having their equipment disallowed from government contracts because of hidden circuitry on their chips allowing back door access later on, or because of wifi spamming kettles or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Last few times I've heard of (real) large-scale hacking stories it was the chinese, whether it be the DoD in the US saying they were being attacked on a large scale, or certain manufacturers having their equipment disallowed from government contracts because of hidden circuitry on their chips allowing back door access later on, or because of wifi spamming kettles or whatever.

*goes to make me a tin-foil hat :D

game4it70 wrote: »
    *goes to make me a tin-foil hat :D
    No, seriously:

• Advertisement

No, seriously:

in gaming terms its usually some pissed off players.

its not hard to coordinate a DDOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I dont give a **** what they hack as long as its not my account y'all!

Finally, after a lot of fustration, unlocked the MTAR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Sounds pretty easy, grenade kill possibly a little tricky but shouldn't take more than 2 maps. I'll have a crack now and see :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Unlocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

AEK-971 = amazeballs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Interesting war thunder suffered a ddos attack yesterday as well. Wonder if it was more widespread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Celts server forgetting everyone's unlocks. Is that deliberate? Not a horrid idea really...

doubt it. it happened gaellords server aswell last week, was just a glitch though , all back to normal now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »

It doesn't even need to be that, the world doesn't lack for dickheads who are unable to be anything other than that, irrespective of any justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

For when your game is not working you can see how long it takes to get back on track......PRICE OF THE ****IN THING!!!!

http://dice-store.com/p/battlefield_4_watch.html?catid=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    For when your game is not working you can see how long it takes to get back on track......PRICE OF THE ****IN THING!!!!

Whats the odds of you having to bring it back once a week to patch to the correct time? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

In fairness the watch they re-skinned for that usually costs $270~ and tbh if i could get one without the BF4 logo i probably would.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

dreamers75 wrote: »

Plus there is a large shower of ***** in the community who DDOS everything. Including charity streams. I am on there hitlist because a load of us invaded one of there hangouts one night and proceeded to rape this **** out of them. As a result they like to try and randomly DDOS us from time to time. Well, they did...but dynamic IP ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Does the xp/points earned via Commander mode on iOS go towards your soldier overall?

I am on the xbox and just wonder if there any point playing Commander mode, and grinding my level, while herself is watching I'm A Celeb each evening :pac:

It seems to for me...
    Problem is that it's herself's iPad so I'm waiting for the android release later this month...
    The app itself seems quite solid, but not being able to choose the server you're joining is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The app itself seems quite solid, but not being able to choose the server you're joining is a bit of a pain.

Played one game, and it just seems to jump into a game, I didn't see anything giving me a choice, and I don't even know what platform the match was on to be honest.

Exactly. You can see in the loading screen how many are in the game and if the commander slots are full (why would it try to join a game with no free commander slots? Who knows!) but that's it. I was starting it, checking to see if there was more than three people in the match and cancelling if there wasn't until I got a decent match or two.

Thing is, it's an odd little niche - I can see myself playing it on the couch while the little fella watches Despicable Me (for the 328th time, you'd swear he was trying to level up or something), but you can't really treat it like a casual game when there are 64 people playing, stuff happening at a fairly hectic pace, audio streams from multiple teams, an audio stream to talk to any of the squads, and so on. And if you're getting that deep into it, why not just go play the full game on the PC/console?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I can see myself playing it on the couch while the little fella watches Despicable Me (for the 328th time, you'd swear he was trying to level up or something)

And if you're getting that deep into it, why not just go play the full game on the PC/console?

Hah, years ago my little cousin did the same thing with The Lion King, he knew all the words and would act out the scenes in front of the the tv - including voice impressions :)

I'd guess that on console in a hectic game it's going to much easier to use the tablets touch screen that trying to issues lots of orders using the controller. Plus if you don't have a headset then the tablet will have a built in mic.

True Dave, but it's an odd sort that wants to play commander and not actually go shoot things or blow things up. And it's not like you could just buy the app from itunes without buying the game, you have to (a) have an origin account, and (b) have ranked up past rank 10 to do the commander thing in the first place. Though maybe their bean counters are planning a rollout of a paid app where you can bypass those in order to wring another bit of cash out of the cow. It would target the demographic that can afford a €200 android tablet but not a €12,000 (eek, not a typo!) origin PC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is the T88 LMG meant to feel as heavy and awkward as it does, possibly the same with the other belt feld LMGs? If so, great, just wondering is it a bug or on purpose?

Personally like it when you get used to it with suppressor and x4 scope. Accuracy is dodgy but it is good fun

Advertisement