Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

mozattack wrote: »
    Is the T88 LMG meant to feel as heavy and awkward as it does, possibly the same with the other belt feld LMGs? If so, great, just wondering is it a bug or on purpose?

Personally like it when you get used to it with suppressor and x4 scope. Accuracy is dodgy but it is good fun

I find them Support guns very hit and miss....one round on Oper. Locker I was killing everything that moves incld flies. Next round bullets bouncing around hitting nothing :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

M249 + red dot/holo sight of your choice + stubby grip + muzzle break + firing in short bursts = success in locker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sparks wrote: »
    M249 + red dot/holo sight of your choice + stubby grip + muzzle break + firing in short bursts = success in locker.

Same goes for PKP.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Is muzzle brake + stubby grip the BF4 equivalent of hbar + grip from 3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

idk but it rocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

The commander app for me is solid. Using with battlelog I get into any server I want and it runs very smoothly.

Its a bit of a bore but when I am on the couch It's worth throwing in a few extra points!!

Oh and I still have no clue what I am doing incase anyone sees me on as commander :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

L85A2 is awesome.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Is muzzle brake + stubby grip the BF4 equivalent of hbar + grip from 3 ?
    Not quite, but close if you do the run&gun thing. But other combos seem to work better for other styles of play so they seem to have improved the mechanism from BF3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good craic earlier playing with Miju and the IRL lads. Always more fun in a party. Still getting used to the guns, movement, etc but really enjoying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Good games on the celt server tonight figured out a way to deal with getting mowed out of it in elevators hehe put c4 on the roof of it and send it up empty then boom time haha

• Advertisement

Does the C4 remain? I've left C4 in elevators to get those coming up before but it just vanishes when the doors close.

Wow. Celts just crashed so hard, it mucked up Chrome on my desktop :D

And now the origin client won't even open...
    Well. Way past my bedtime anyway.

And I did finally manage to get helo control down to the point where I was able to fly the transport helo under the bridge on Golmund Railway. Without crashing, after the first two attempts...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

A little bit of fun to be had on Operation Lockers lads. If you like playing Engie take the SRAW, fire through one of the those pesky cluster**** points and swing hard to the left or right. lol

Also, a Mortar at the bottom of a flight of stairs, when you see a chap coming down them, fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hit detection was well off again last night on a few servers....really is hit and miss pardon the pun!

Does the C4 remain? I've left C4 in elevators to get those coming up before but it just vanishes when the doors close.

I done it last night it stays there at the bottom until the elevator gets to the top then warps up to the top I got ktulu last night on shanghai with that one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Question

Do think the next BF (either Bad Company 3 or BF5) will be in two years time or sooner?

The ranking system is so fast now and with the DLC issuing before Summer 2014 you'd have to wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

mozattack wrote: »
    Question

Do think the next BF (either Bad Company 3 or BF5) will be in two years time or sooner?

The ranking system is so fast now and with the DLC issuing before Summer 2014 you'd have to wonder?

wont be 2 imo DICE will be releasing Battlefront with the next star wars movie

Ranking also means SFA without unlocks now

they'll either release one next year which i doubt or they'll wait 3 and gauge where the market stands, probably releasing BC3 in a year and a bit made by a different team

NTMK wrote: »

they'll either release one next year which i doubt or they'll wait 3 and gauge where the market stands, probably releasing BC3 in a year and a bit made by a different team

Battlefield with a star wars theme? Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I second this, cant see them releasing anything for at least 18 months, it will be DLC now for 12+ months and we might get a new game in 24 months.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't think the ranking system would influence the development time :D
    We're definitely going to see more battlefield sequels, it's too much of a cash cow not to (seriously, the original WTF moment for the bean counters was Call of Duty generating more cash than any other media release in human history - after that collective accountant's orgasm, there was never a chance that there wouldn't be sequels until the heat death of the universe). But it'll be cheaper to do DLC than develop a new game, so odds are the release of BF5 or BFBC3 or whatever the next sequel is a few years away yet, and if there's a hardware upgrade cycle (ie. new console platforms, new PC graphics cards/cpus, that sort of thing) in that timeframe, it'll be linked to that.

Wouldn't think the ranking system would influence the development time :D
    We're definitely going to see more battlefield sequels, it's too much of a cash cow not to (seriously, the original WTF moment for the bean counters was Call of Duty generating more cash than any other media release in human history - after that collective accountant's orgasm, there was never a chance that there wouldn't be sequels until the heat death of the universe). But it'll be cheaper to do DLC than develop a new game, so odds are the release of BF5 or BFBC3 or whatever the next sequel is a few years away yet, and if there's a hardware upgrade cycle (ie. new console platforms, new PC graphics cards/cpus, that sort of thing) in that timeframe, it'll be linked to that.

we will probably see them alternating between Battlefront and battlefield during the christmas period (there will be 3 new starwars films all 2 years apart) with Titanfall alternating with a bad company title during the summer

EA will then have a high profile FPS out every 6 months and DICE/Respawn/Bastard DICES will have 2 year cycles to develop like cod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What's the difference between Battlefield and Bad Company? Is it the same as Modern Warfare and Black Ops from the COD series?

What's the difference between Battlefield and Bad Company? Is it the same as Modern Warfare and Black Ops from the COD series?

Bad company was basically designed for console used pretty much to grow the battlefield brand on consoles and test frostbite

It had a okay single player and a fun co-op mode tbf

Bad company is a more light hearted and funny single player and the multiplayer never had jets thats about it

The BFBC2 singleplayer was a damn sight better than BF4's :D
    I mean, it was a shooter with a sense of humour and somewhat realistic weapons (kindof like call of duty meets team fortress 2...). That rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Bad company is a more light hearted and funny single player and the multiplayer never had jets thats about it

Ya, thats about it, but Bad Company 2 had better destruction that anything in BF3 and BF4. Nearly all buildings could be collapsed in multilayer maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I hope battlefront brings future shooters back to popularity and then brings on 2143 or what ever they call it :D that would be epic with frostbite 3 or what ever one they are using at the time

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ya, thats about it, but Bad Company 2 had better destruction that anything in BF3 and BF4. Nearly all buildings could be collapsed in multilayer maps.

they removed that level of destruction for a reason. MAps would usually end up being flat by the end of the round. i do miss taking out mcomms by taking out the building

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

they removed that level of destruction for a reason. MAps would usually end up being flat by the end of the round. i do miss taking out mcomms by taking out the building

That was the best part. I found the map design on BFBC2 to be farrrr better. The general gameplay was better. Ah man. Everything was better back then. Nostaligia. But srsly. BF3/BF4 don't have a tap on Bad Company. Even had an enjoyable story mode <3

Advertisement