Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

NTMK wrote: »
    they removed that level of destruction for a reason. MAps would usually end up being flat by the end of the round.

That wasn't a bad thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Nostalia has a lot to play here with BFBC2.

It was the first online FPS I got hooked on so I dont like speaking about it but jeez it did have its flaws:-

- in terms of levelling buildings to get Mcomms, great but it means you just defended one Mcomm, the other would be lost by some "tank sniper"

- choppers and circle straffing wrecked my head so many times on Oasis, Port Valdez etc that I actually had to find another server

- the animations were poor when you go back and look at them

Very good game though but i'd prefer BF3 and BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sweet C4 kill :D

Sweeter ATV kill here in place #5. Very Die Hard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mozattack wrote: »

It was the first online FPS I got hooked on so I dont like speaking about it but jeez it did have its flaws:-

- in terms of levelling buildings to get Mcomms, great but it means you just defended one Mcomm, the other would be lost by some "tank sniper"

- choppers and circle straffing wrecked my head so many times on Oasis, Port Valdez etc that I actually had to find another server

Tank Snipers were never as big an issue in BC2 as BF3 optics weren't as good and it wasn't actually that difficult to defend a building with an M-comm in it.

Choppers were only a problem if no one in your team ran AA kits.

Animations would be lacklustre on almost any 3-4 year old FPS/ Third person shooter of as large a scale as Battlefield. (
    There aren't any
    *BOMBOM BOM BOMBOM BOM*
    *BOMBOM BOM BOMBOM BOM*

PS played it over the summer. Can still get full lobbies on the weekends <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

mozattack wrote: »

Multiplayer yeah bf3/4 is better but single player come on riding into battle in a golf cart was epic and had many lols playing it ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So we still dont have a definitive crash fix.
    We still have major sound bugs.
    We still have random blurring since last patch.

:rolleyes:

New patch coming out today for the console folks too.

Mind you, looking back on the BF3 release threads and the BF3 bitching thread, it does seem like things are actually objectively worse this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sparks wrote: »

Mind you, looking back on the BF3 release threads and the BF3 bitching thread, it does seem like things are actually objectively worse this time around.

Source? I can't find anything about a client side console patch today?

All there was today was a PS4 server side patch.

logik wrote: »
    Source? I can't find anything about a client side console patch today?

All there was today was a PS4 server side patch.

"WE WILL RESTART THE BACKEND TO APPLY AN UPDATE TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, ALL USERS WILL BE DISCONNECTED FROM EA ONLINE AND GAME SERVERS AS WE DEPLOY THIS UPDATE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

Thats the source, sitting on top of battlelog.
    Why spam my battlelog with console news that i dont play on ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This is without doubt the worst release of a BF4 game....Its still in bits the sound is still terrible and the hit detection as I said is getting out of hand now. All the other glitches and bugs were annoying but playable.

The hit detection is REALLY REALLY pissing me off.....is sooooo bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Battlefield with a star wars theme? Count me in :)
    Cue lots of "Nerf the Death Star" posts on BL!

Its deja vu all over again!

No really, BC2 had a load of patches too, its pretty disgraceful that DICE keep throwing out half finished games.

Dcully wrote: »
    "WE WILL RESTART THE BACKEND TO APPLY AN UPDATE TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, ALL USERS WILL BE DISCONNECTED FROM EA ONLINE AND GAME SERVERS AS WE DEPLOY THIS UPDATE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

Thats the source, sitting on top of battlelog.
    Why spam my battlelog with console news that i dont play on ffs.

Again, that is NOT a client side patch for consoles... It is a server side patch for PS4 ONLY. Thanks for that though.

Very impressive kills there. The quad bike is INSANE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Are there any rocket launchers that lock on to helicopters and jets? I'm only about level 10 and haven't unlocked much :o

Are there any rocket launchers that lock on to helicopters and jets? I'm only about level 10 and haven't unlocked much :o

Stinger / Igla or if you're a real man you use a SMAW or SRAW and just hope for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

And to unlock things do you just keep racking up points or do you have to do specific challenges or do you just keep using assault class to get more assault guns and so on? Obvious newb :D

That quad kill above was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

To unlock new gadgets and field upgrades just keep getting points with that class.

To unlock new primary weapons you need to get points with that weapon type (AR, carbine etc), same with pistols and grenades.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Stinger / Igla or if you're a real man you use a SMAW or SRAW and just hope for the best

It's not "hope for the best", it's pure skill.

Yup.

Skill.

Wasn't blind luck that time I downed a helo from 100m or so out with a SMAW. Was utter skill.

(yeah, right...)

It's supposedly easier with the SRAW, but I've not managed it yet, though you can get some lovely long range kills on camping infantry with the SRAW because it's harder to see if it's headed straight for you from long range. That double-SRAW trick though, I've yet to manage. On the test range, no worries, but in a real game, people see the first one go up and hose you while you guide in the second one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Timmyctc wrote: »

Real men use SMAW and SRAW? SMAW has no drop, SRAW is wire guided. lol

RPG or **** off tbh.

Real men use SMAW and SRAW? SMAW has no drop, SRAW is wire guided. lol

RPG or **** off tbh.

RPGs buggy as fakk. Fires from above the aiming reticle most of the time.

• Advertisement

RPG or **** off tbh.
    As soon as it's a one-shot kill for helos, sure. Until then, no thanks. Right now, even if I could pull off this on a scout helo, it'd just fly off and repair and that's just... daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

China rising weapon unlocks, the ribbons dont have to be in the same round.

L85A2

ASSIGNMENT: OPEN FIRE
    Assault ribbon x3
    Get a kill with a pistol in a round
    Get a kill with 40mm grenade in a round
    Get a kill with the defibrillator in a round
    L96A1

ASSIGNMENT: NEED ONLY ONE
    Sniper ribbon x3
    Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
    Get a kill with a DMR in a round
    Get a kill with C4 in a round
    MTAR-21

ASSIGNMENT: MULTITALENTED
    Get a kill with an AR
    Get a kill with a LMG
    Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
    Get a kill with kill with a grenade
    RPK-74M

ASSIGNMENT: POWDER KEG
    LMG ribbon 3x
    Get a kill with the M224 Mortar
    MP7

ASSIGNMENT: MAKE A DENT
    Destroy an air vehicle with portable AA
    Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3

I love how I can nip and zoom around the test range in the helos and pop up and hit targets with the scout or viper, but the minute I get into the Z-9 transport helo on Shanghai, there isn't a single fecking wall in the entire map that I don't wallop the thing off, often all in the one flight...

Ha! First scout helo dogfight, on a nearly empty Celts server, and I won! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think the game will be alot better with the introduction of the bigger maps....it will be less COD run and gun. Lets hope there is not 15 tanks 15 choppers and 15 lavs all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

As soon as it's a one-shot kill for helos, sure. Until then, no thanks. Right now, even if I could pull off this on a scout helo, it'd just fly off and repair and that's just... daft.

An RPG is always a 1hk on a Scout for me. Hell, I was repeatedly sticking them into Scouts last night on the Gaelord's server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Play on hardcore servers, they don't regen unless they are actually repaired.

Play on hardcore servers, they don't regen unless they are actually repaired.
    I prefer the hardcore servers for infantry games, but for vehicles, it just seems a bit silly to be honest. "Here I am in my hardcore helicopter. Which doesn't have a collective control. And has infinite ammunition for its miniguns which make jeeps blow up. And which don't seem to let me move my head while in flight so I can look in the direction I'm actually flying in.". Meh.

• Advertisement

An RPG is always a 1hk on a Scout for me. Hell, I was repeatedly sticking them into Scouts last night on the Gaelord's server.
    Huh. Although, it's only been transport heli's I've hit with RPGs to now; the only time I've hit a scout was with a SMAW and that just made it mad so it came over and killed me...

Advertisement