Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I think the game will be alot better with the introduction of the bigger maps....it will be less COD run and gun. Lets hope there is not 15 tanks 15 choppers and 15 lavs all over the shop.

Why? Unpossible to have too many tanks and lavs and choppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That new metro map looks quite good, lots of small tweaks to gameplay rather than any large risky changes to a well-known and successful infantry map...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Sparks wrote: »
    That new metro map looks quite good, lots of small tweaks to gameplay rather than any large risky changes to a well-known and successful infantry map...

Yeah, with the exact same clusterfcuk areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

It's not "hope for the best", it's pure skill.

Yup.

Skill.

Wasn't blind luck that time I downed a helo from 100m or so out with a SMAW. Was utter skill.

(yeah, right...)

It's supposedly easier with the SRAW, but I've not managed it yet, though you can get some lovely long range kills on camping infantry with the SRAW because it's harder to see if it's headed straight for you from long range. That double-SRAW trick though, I've yet to manage. On the test range, no worries, but in a real game, people see the first one go up and hose you while you guide in the second one...

I messed around with the SRAW last night and took out a chopper with it, no quote Matimi0 skills but wasn't a bad shot.

On Zavod 311 there was artillery camping in their spawn (conquest) so I did the double blast shot; one up in the air and then reload and aim another time and a double hit. It was immediate one hit kill; fair happy.

Incidentially could you do a treble SRAW?

mozattack wrote: »
    I messed around with the SRAW last night and took out a chopper with it, no quote Matimi0 skills but wasn't a bad shot.
    A lot of the skill you see in recorded games like Matimi0's comes down to time spent in the game translating into your brain learning to interpret what it's seeing. You know what I mean, it's the thing where you're staring at game footage from (say) Shanghai and just see dust and rubble, and someone else looks at the same footage and sees two engineers with stingers and an assault class at C. Your brain's still parsing what it's seeing; theirs has completed that and identified targets. Given time, your subconscious learns to do this faster.

The point being, once you've done something like this once, deliberately, it's an indicator that your subconscious is almost there and things are about to improve exponentially :D
    On Zavod 311 there was artillery camping in their spawn (conquest) so I did the double blast shot; one up in the air and then reload and aim another time and a double hit. It was immediate one hit kill; fair happy.
    Sweet :D
    Incidentially could you do a treble SRAW?
    Not sure. You can do the double because of the in-air lifetime of the SRAW after you drop the lock; if the target was sufficiently far enough away, maybe. Go into the test range and give it a try; fire the two straight up and then go for the third. Somehow I doubt it though, I think the first rocket will just disappear by the time you're lined up with the third, the reload's just too long.

• Advertisement

Love the look of new Metro; wow, really is impressive and being a fan of the map I am happy to see it (remember console player here so 12 v 12 works fine on that map, let me see about 32 v 32 of course)

On the others I'd like to see a little more than just a repaint... Caspian is more or less the exact same bar the wall and change in season... surely wouldnt of hurt them to add another capture point?

Also in Jack Frags jet play there are 4 flags but I thought there was 5 in PC?

What I'd really like to know is, can the SRAW or any other rocket pick up on laser designation while in flight; and if so, can you have (say) a squad of four engineers all fire one or even two SRAWs into the air and then have the fifth squad member use a PLD to lase the target and direct all eight rockets into it?

I mean, after the fourth rocket, you're not being any more effective, the target's toast; but it would look awesome :D

Hell.

Just set up a target with one recon from either side lasing it, then have the other 62 players fire two rockets :D How deep a crater can you dig again? :D

281179.png

Sparks; dunno, I think the laser designation has to be in tact before firing missile?

Speaking of that, I use the PLD when playing as a sniper - the odd time I do - and no-one hardly latches onto the designation anymore. I pick up the 25 points a go but that is it.

Can anyone answer a question?

Is capture the flag available in all maps after the release of Second Assault of just the second assault maps? Dont know why I ask 'cos it is a ****e game mode unless they fix the sabotaging of people leaving their deployment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What I'd really like to know is, can the SRAW or any other rocket pick up on laser designation while in flight; and if so, can you have (say) a squad of four engineers all fire one or even two SRAWs into the air and then have the fifth squad member use a PLD to lase the target and direct all eight rockets into it?

I like your curiosity :D

Yeah, with the exact same clusterfcuk areas.
    Not so much. The top of the escalators has now been changed by those elevators; you can't get defenders camping there anymore because you could just send up c4 in the lift. The side stairs looks to be as much of an impasse as before, but generally that was an impasse not because it's impossible but because nobody wants to lead or follow the charge through it (ten players charging that room in the middle of the heaviest action it sees would still get through with at least four guys and then you have four mobile spawn points behind what is usually the sole line of defence the other team has). And the corner into the alleyway on the left is not such a firing range anymore now that there are two exits into it and more cover.

And there were other tweaks to the level in there; I think it's going to be a lot better than in BF3 and the games should run a lot smoother for anyone not dumb enough to stand at the bottom of the side stairs shooting up at the dumb people standing at the top of the side stairs shooting down for hours at a time...

• Advertisement

Another question!

Rumours are afoot that PS4 wont be able to play 64 players.

Anyone think this is possible.

I am buying the PS4 mainly for BF4 and 64 players so this is fairly important for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Another question!

Rumours are afoot that PS4 wont be able to play 64 players.

Anyone think this is possible.

I am buying the PS4 mainly for BF4 and 64 players so this is fairly important for me!!!!!!!!!!!

PS4 is already out in North America for the past 5 days. BF4 on PS4 does do 64 players. As does BF4 on Xbox One.

DaLad wrote: »
    PS4 is already out in North America for the past 5 days. BF4 on PS4 does do 64 players. As does BF4 on Xbox One.

It does but conquest 64 player is not working at all on PS4 at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How so?

Not so much. The top of the escalators has now been changed by those elevators; you can't get defenders camping there anymore because you could just send up c4 in the lift. The side stairs looks to be as much of an impasse as before, but generally that was an impasse not because it's impossible but because nobody wants to lead or follow the charge through it (ten players charging that room in the middle of the heaviest action it sees would still get through with at least four guys and then you have four mobile spawn points behind what is usually the sole line of defence the other team has). And the corner into the alleyway on the left is not such a firing range anymore now that there are two exits into it and more cover.

And there were other tweaks to the level in there; I think it's going to be a lot better than in BF3 and the games should run a lot smoother for anyone not dumb enough to stand at the bottom of the side stairs shooting up at the dumb people standing at the top of the side stairs shooting down for hours at a time...

I agree it's a lot better, but I still expect to see the exact same situations as was in BF3. Why? Because there is still only one way to get from A to C - and that is through B. The only difference is there are now 2 new ways to get to B, in addition to the 3 ways in BF3.

I don't see it being quite as bad as BF3, but I'd still bet on it being a case of whoever caps B first wins the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Speaking of that, I use the PLD when playing as a sniper - the odd time I do - and no-one hardly latches onto the designation anymore. I pick up the 25 points a go but that is it.

Same as , ppl giving out about choppers and and tanks and APC's and me locking up everything in sight and no one taking them out .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Huh. Although, it's only been transport heli's I've hit with RPGs to now; the only time I've hit a scout was with a SMAW and that just made it mad so it came over and killed me...

Yeah, the transports are a two hit kill now. Dev#s wanted to make it a bit beefier because its effectiveness in BF3 was rather limited and it was normally either discarded or became a flying coffin. lol

Still is a flying coffin when I'm the pilot on Shanghai. I'd swear at least two of those buildings last night jumped at me. Comes of not being able to look behind you as a pilot in that thing. I mean, you have no weapons, no unlocks (ffs! no ecm jammers? C'mon dammit!) and the thing flies like a pig with emphysema, and you can't look around easily when maneuvering between buildings? Feck's sakes!

Still is a flying coffin when I'm the pilot on Shanghai. I'd swear at least two of those buildings last night jumped at me. Comes of not being able to look behind you as a pilot in that thing. I mean, you have no weapons, no unlocks (ffs! no ecm jammers? C'mon dammit!) and the thing flies like a pig with emphysema, and you can't look around easily when maneuvering between buildings? Feck's sakes!

Transport heli handles like a ****ing whale alright. What i really hate about it is the really narrow angle difference between swooping low quickly and planting nose first into the ground. lol

And there's just something so... unpleasant about running away from attack or scout helos in the damn thing. And do you think anyone spawning on you at that point would pull out a stinger and help out? **** no, they're out the door before their arses even touch the seat and away they go to watch you get shot to tiny little pieces...

I mean, the transport helo with two gunners and two engineers with repair tools and stingers in the passanger seats would be a fairly nasty surprise for most things on most maps, but nope, can't you hear that, my mom's calling, I gotta go... whooomphchute away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

And there's just something so... unpleasant about running away from attack or scout helos in the damn thing. And do you think anyone spawning on you at that point would pull out a stinger and help out? **** no, they're out the door before their arses even touch the seat and away they go to watch you get shot to tiny little pieces...

I mean, the transport helo with two gunners and two engineers with repair tools and stingers in the passanger seats would be a fairly nasty surprise for most things on most maps, but nope, can't you hear that, my mom's calling, I gotta go... whooomphchute away!

Lol so true, I love when I spawn on a chopper only for the pilot to bail and leave me trying to get into the driver seat and take over or having to bail myself.

Had some fun with the lads on the Gaelords Server last night. This was an especially nice section of play, great team work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have to send my monitor back, so had to try out BF4 on my laptop. Runs....okay-ish, 720p @ med textures and rest low, will do for a week or two. Not too happy though. :mad:

Really looking forward to playing this tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What is the issue with this?

700Mb for a fcuking app :D

Also, 2.8/5 rating so far, which ain't looking promising. Although most people that rate apps just whine about stuff when the problem is in fact their phones, and not the app itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

700Mb for a fcuking app :D

Also, 2.8/5 rating so far, which ain't looking promising. Although most people that rate apps just whine about stuff when the problem is in fact their phones, and not the app itself.

I've been using it on the iPad and it's pretty good and responsive. Runs well on the old iPad 2.
    Makes you wonder why they dont have it as a web app for some sneaky battlefielding at work :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

The app is incompatible with the Nexus 7?

cdb wrote: »
    The app is incompatible with the Nexus 7?

It should work on the following according to Battlelog:
    iOS tablets (iPad 2 and up, aswell as iPad Mini, iOS 6.1 and up) and on Android tablets (Screen sizes 7” and up, 1ghz dual core,1024mb ram,1024×600 resolution, Android 4.0.3 or newer)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

It should work on the following according to Battlelog:

You would expect it to work alright as it meets the requirements but the play store says it is not compatible with the Nexus 7.

Advertisement