Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I find the speed grand, its the handling that causes issues, they spin waay too easily if the ground isn't race track smooth.

Let go of the boost key. It messes up the handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Let go of the boost key. It messes up the handling.
    But I like to go fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

huh

i've been away for a week due to some work coming up when I come back I seem to have lost a chunk of my progress in unlocks for the attack boat and AA-tank. I had all the unlocks done but now it says I need to do 3-5 more for each of them. Which I know I've done them cause I can see on the loadout to both vehicles I have unlocks like active protection on them.

kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

That is punishment for letting work come before battlefield :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Remote mortar, silenced lmg, snooping flank on rush maps : sniper death after spotting them. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tanks are grand but I find all the shells the same TBH no matter which ones are meant to do more damage blah blah blah.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tanks are grand but I find all the shells the same TBH no matter which ones are meant to do more damage blah blah blah.
    I find the HE and Sabot ones kinda ****e actually. The normal armour piercing one seems to be best for now.

Even though the sabot round should demolish a tank/chopper/soldier

I find the HE and Sabot ones kinda ****e actually. The normal armour piercing one seems to be best for now.

Even though the sabot round should demolish a tank/chopper/soldier

EXACTLY its total bull****, you grind to get better stuff and its all the fcukin same. Same as the armour you die just as quick ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I'm reasonable convinced they all have the same damage models right now, dont know if that is supposed to be the case.

The only difference seems to be the trajectory for now.

The sabot rounds seem to be weaker if anything, two shots to take out a heli against one armour piercing round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The default AP shells should do well against tanks. HE shells should only scratch tanks, but should be capable of taking out a group of infantry with a massive blast radius. Sabot rounds should be essentially the same as AP, with slightly larger splash damage.

Every shell should take out a chopper/jet in one shot. It's hard enough to hit the damn things only to find out sometimes you only disable it (the transport chopper mainly) with one shot.

The sabot rounds seem to be weaker if anything, two shots to take out a heli against one armour piercing round

And the TV guided missile's are such a joke for hit detection in any vehicle!!!

I was using the spawn beacon last night and it seems it has changed. You deploy it and can click on it and it will remain there as long as you keep spawn beacon as a gadget, i.e. no need to redeploy it like in bf3. Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

mozattack wrote: »
    I was using the spawn beacon last night and it seems it has changed. You deploy it and can click on it and it will remain there as long as you keep spawn beacon as a gadget, i.e. no need to redeploy it like in bf3. Is this true?

Yep, a lot of the gadgets are persistent through death. T-UGS, AT mines, M2 Slams and Claymores

C4 disappears when you die or respawn

The soflam and the MAV work but when you respawn your ammo is refreshed forcing you to use the new gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spawn beacon goes when you change class you get one more use out of it.

Handy sort off but unfortunate for the tank that just killed you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone here using Commander app on iPad? I gave it a go last night for a while, strangely addictive I find! You can also rack up some serious points.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Used it on android a few times, but I'd rather be blowing tanks up with M2s than clicking and dragging icons. It's okay if the team is playing as a team and capturing objectives that give you thinks like the cruise missile, but if it's a regular Duuuhhhhh...what does PTFO mean? game, it's just a drag.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's a little dull and repetitive but it's cool to see a good team outflank their opponents from a birds eye view and then do your bit to help them dropping in some supplies or what not.

On that note what do people want from the Commander? The scan UAV is always available so I keep spamming that over hot spots. The EMP UAV is handy to piss off an enemy commander but I'm not sure how much of an annoyance it is on the ground. Does it affect gadgets?

Squad promotion and faster redeploy seem to be better options than a supply drop so I hold off on supply drops unless requested or I see a real need for it.

The cruise missile is fortunately slow to hit after launch so is great for clearing a group of dug in players, shame there isn't an indoor version for Op Locker. (Bunker buster or something?)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

5uspect wrote: »
    Does it affect gadgets?
    I've never noticed it but I've read that it's the cause of the red/green blurring effect. But that's meant to be a bug as well, so who knows.
    I hold off on supply drops unless requested or I see a real need for it.
    I've been killed twice now by my own commander dropping a supply crate on my head. The second time while reloading for the last SRAW into a tank that then went on to wipe half the team in C on Zavod. But supply drops outside C on Locker or in similar places are fairly useful (and if you want durty tactics, drop supplies on a rooftop in levels like Flood so snipers can reload and anyone that gets up there can switch to sniper).
    The cruise missile is fortunately slow to hit after launch so is great for clearing a group of dug in players, shame there isn't an indoor version for Op Locker. (Bunker buster or something?)
    Cruise missile is useful in locker for outside the door at C.
    And for rooftops in Flood (see above :D )
    Problem with flood is that the missile is given by the point at C and if you're on the rooftops, you can overview that point, so it's not a great balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Today was third time I tried playing GaelLords 64. When the my K:D ratio was 22:2 I was kicked from the server (having roughly twice as many points as the next guy). Strangely enough, this it the only server that keeps "crashing" on me. Slow clap for the admins.

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Strangely enough, this it the only server that keeps "crashing" on me. Slow clap for the admins.

Yeah, they're terrible admins on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Today was third time I tried playing GaelLords 64. When the my K:D ratio was 22:2 I was kicked from the server (having roughly twice as many points as the next guy). Strangely enough, this it the only server that keeps "crashing" on me. Slow clap for the admins.

Slow clap for another paranoid person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paracel Storm just before this post? Whole server crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

If anyone has any problems on Gaellords servers just join their Teamspeak Server at gaellords.com or make a post on the gaellords.com forum and you'll find that they are a very friendly bunch of PC gamers (yes, just like you) that will try their best to help you out. Take a look at the websites of the top BF4 servers in the world and you will see that they experience the exact same problems. It's frustrating for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I have tried to get the guys on TS to join the gaellords server but all I get back is " I ain't joining no Gaylords server " :D

All ChinaRising maps previewed by GameStop on YouTube. 2 look good, 2 dont

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

mozattack wrote: »
    All ChinaRising maps previewed by GameStop on YouTube. 2 look good, 2 dont

You mean gamespot? :P

I found them anyway, thanks for letting me know! :D

Here's one: (rest are on same channel)

Looks a little like BFBC Vietnam :D

Guilin Peaks looks good, Altai Range looks meh, Dragon Pass looks good and Silk Road looks like too much open space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was genuinely having no problems at all until recently, now its crash every 2nd game if I'm lucky, often, every game. Really getting on my nerves now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Double XP for a week

Advertisement