Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And 3x scope for the 1911 if you complete a multiplayer game at the end of the week (on Dec 5th).

Thing is, that whole "complete a multiplayer game" thing has been a bit of a challange of late. Rather unfortunate phrasing really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Sparks wrote: »
    And 3x scope for the 1911 if you complete a multiplayer game at the end of the week (on Dec 5th).

Thing is, that whole "complete a multiplayer game" thing has been a bit of a challange of late. Rather unfortunate phrasing really :D

Aye big time 4 times yesterday Server crashed kicking all players

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Today was third time I tried playing GaelLords 64. When the my K:D ratio was 22:2 .

Ah maybe that's why I don't crash and haven't crashed since the game came out....I don't even have a 1:1 KD :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone upgraded a Mobo/Cpu without reinstalling Window 7s?

My nice new mobo and 6 core cpu and 8 gb ram is looking at me here and I cant be arsed doing a windows reinstall as it`ll take me days to get all my stuff back.

Will I get away with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hellrazer wrote: »

My nice new mobo and 6 core cpu and 8 gb ram is looking at me here and I cant be arsed doing a windows reinstall as it`ll take me days to get all my stuff back.

Lol I'm guessing you want to play Battlefield 4 and that's how it's relevant here?

There's one way to find out is what I always say! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Windows will be on your hard drive so shouldn't make a difference changing the board and cpu.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Windows will be on your hard drive so shouldn't make a difference changing the board and cpu.

Different drivers for different motherboard... but worth a shot anyway and see if you can just add the relevant drivers.

DaLad wrote: »
    Lol I'm guessing you want to play Battlefield 4 and that's how it's relevant here?

Completely relevant.

Ive been playing on my old setup.

Athlon 2 x 3,4gb ram...Just not doing it for me.Low settings make it look like the original Battlefield 1942 (well not quite)

Ordered new stuff and its sitting here in its shiny new wrappers waiting to be installed!!!!

Don't mind loosing some installed programs but if I loose Mrs Hellrazers work emails and website tools Ill be murdered with a rusty bayonet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shouldnt take more than 20 minutes to install windows.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shouldnt take more than 20 minutes to install windows.

No but its all the other stuff Im afraid Ill loose.

• Advertisement

When you do install the next windows, install all your games/programs to a different drive. Use Chrome and save your bookmarks to cloud, change My Documents to a different drive.

only take 20 minutes for future reinstalls and you never lose anything :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    When you do install the next windows, install all your games/programs to a different drive. Use Chrome and save your bookmarks to cloud, change My Documents to a different drive.

only take 20 minutes for future reinstalls and you never lose anything :pac:

Ever use sysprep?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Use Windows Easy Transfer to back up and do your build and install a fresh copy of windows . If you go the other way it might work out but everytime anything goes wrong you will blame it on the old install . Change of motherboard is always a time for a new install .

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhack_bf4
    Covering the Dreamhack Winter 2013 AMD Sapphire Championship, nice bit of craic...

DaLad wrote: »
    Different drivers for different motherboard... but worth a shot anyway and see if you can just add the relevant drivers.
    Easy as pie. I've upgraded both at different times without issue. Just install new drivers and I was away.

Easy as pie. I've upgraded both at different times without issue. Just install new drivers and I was away.

Feck it--Ill give it a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Feck it--Ill give it a go tomorrow.

If you install the motherboard drivers prior to removing the current one that is also a way

Nah i do the above, used to slipstream the mobo drivers into black windows 7 but cba anymore.

having an SSD makes you frugal on the C drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

00.15am outside Smyths to get my next gen BF4 playing machine. Strange

mozattack wrote: »
    00.15am outside Smyths to get my next gen BF4 playing machine. Strange

You're still outside Smyths at 00:15!? :eek:

When I got my Xbox One in Smyths last week I was in by 11:58 and out by 00:08! :P Granted, that was the Waterford store tho.

• Advertisement

Want a fast way to win points and progress and win more firefights?
    Go to Options -> Key Bindings -> Common -> Spot and bind it not only to Q (or whatever key you're using) but also to the left mouse button (or whatever mouse button you use to fire).
    Now every time you shoot someone, you spot them as well, and all the enemies a few degrees left and right. Helps your teammates spot targets, helps you spot targets, and you get a free 25 points spot bonus most of the time as well.

Why the hell this isn't a default I don't know...

(Just a side note, that tip has the effect of converting fully auto primaries into burst-fire, but that tends to drive up your k/d ratio after the initial wtf moment because you don't spray so much anymore and get more hits)

Managed to finally unlock all the pistols last night and level up some of them. The G17, 93R, and 1911 now have my preferred bits on them (muzzle break, ghost ring, laser sight) and I have everything unlocked for the P226, MP443 and G17 and almost everything for the 1911. I'm rapidly finding that I prefer the 1911 out of all the semiautos and it's a real toss-up between the G17 and the 93R in the auto pistol section and I think it might be a per-map preference. The G17 excels in CQB stuff; the 93R does almost as well in CQB but much better than the G17 at any kind of range making it the better all-rounder. As to semi -vs- auto, that's not just a per-map preference, that's a per-moment preference :D

Also managed to unlock all the recon kit, so that's now the recon, support and engineer classes all unlocked and assault barely started (I really don't get on with the assault class for some reason), and the ACW-R is almost on it's last battlepack (fecks sakes, the tactical light's in the very last bloody pack), the M249 is on it's second battlepack, and I unlocked the zuni rockets in the attack helo.

And the reason I boast? Because every single thing on that list except the zuni rockets took about six hours over two nights on a pistols-only Locker server and one 80-minute round on a 3200 ticket all-weapons Locker server. The zuni rockets have taken nearly two weeks on every server I've played on.

There is a serious problem with leveling up vehicles in this game...

Sparks wrote: »
    There is a serious problem with leveling up vehicles in this game...
    I had everything unlocked for the scout chopper in about 4 hours, same with the attack boat, think I unlocked half the stuff in one round on Paracel Storm. Vehicle unlocks are easy enough, Unlocking sniper rifles is another thing. Oh and the assault class takes an age to unlock everything in.. Does anyone know if you can transfer your stats from 360 to ps4? I know you can from 360 to xbone and ps3 to ps4, not sure if you can cross platform though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Ps4 amazing. Conquest large. Epic. Life begins!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I had everything unlocked for the scout chopper in about 4 hours, same with the attack boat, think I unlocked half the stuff in one round on Paracel Storm. Vehicle unlocks are easy enough, Unlocking sniper rifles is another thing. Oh and the assault class takes an age to unlock everything in.. Does anyone know if you can transfer your stats from 360 to ps4? I know you can from 360 to xbone and ps3 to ps4, not sure if you can cross platform though.

Not sure but you can link your Xbox account to your origin account and your stats show up on battlelog so its possible if you link your ps account it might go over but its ea were talking about

BTW, if anyone's on premium and hasn't gotten the battlepack today, you need to log out of battlelog and log back in and that seems to fix it and you get your battlepack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

what is it this time? a "premium" camo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

does anyone else find that battlepacks keeping giving you unlocks for weapons you dont use.

I've gotten more unlocks for the u-100 then any gun in the game.

Guess which gun I have less then 10 kills with and simply dont use.

*grumble*

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    does anyone else find that battlepacks keeping giving you unlocks for weapons you dont use.
    Yup, haven't ever gotten something I would have found useful at the time and almost never got something I found useful later (except for the weapon-specific packs).
    Guess which gun I have less then 10 kills with and simply dont use.
    Yup, I keep getting sniper unlocks, which I don't play, or assault rifle things, or this time lots of boosts in a double XP week...

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    what is it this time? a "premium" camo?
    It's random; I've seen reports of what others got in theirs and it doesn't match mine (2x50% boosts, 1x25% boost, SRR-61 20x scope, R2 suppressor for the u-100).

Advertisement