Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Does anybody know will my stats from ps3 go over to ps4 or do I have to start from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    does anyone else find that battlepacks keeping giving you unlocks for weapons you dont use.

I've gotten more unlocks for the u-100 then any gun in the game.

Guess which gun I have less then 10 kills with and simply dont use.

*grumble*

I was actually talking about this the other night. I have 9 unlocks for the u100 too, which I have never used.

I'd just like to say one thing, Marksman ribbons can suck my balls. Seriously, 250 metres is so far out your worthless on all the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CptMackey wrote: »
    Does anybody know will my stats from ps3 go over to ps4 or do I have to start from scratch?

They will transfer.
    When you load BF4 on your PS4, a message will pop up on screen saying about the one time transfer. When you do that. Your stats will now be on your PS4 profile AND PS3 profile. It will now treat them as two separate consoles and say if you were level 50 on PS3 when you did the transfer, and you levelled up to 55 on PS4. You will still be level 50 on your PS3 profile. Comprende?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

DaLad wrote: »
    They will transfer.
    When you load BF4 on your PS4, a message will pop up on screen saying about the one time transfer. When you do that. Your stats will now be on your PS4 profile AND PS3 profile. It will now treat them as two separate consoles and say if you were level 50 on PS3 when you did the transfer, and you levelled up to 55 on PS4. You will still be level 50 on your PS3 profile. Comprende?

Excellent thanks for that. Was hoping that I wouldn't have to go through all that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

They will transfer.

just FYI if you transfer your game PS3->PS4 you won't be able to play it on PS3 anymore

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    just FYI if you transfer your game PS3->PS4 you won't be able to play it on PS3 anymore

Are you referring to the digital upgrade programme?

I'm just referring to stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

You're still outside Smyths at 00:15!? :eek:

When I got my Xbox One in Smyths last week I was in by 11:58 and out by 00:08! :P Granted, that was the Waterford store tho.

This was Waterford too, was served by twelve thirty in the end

First experience of Locker 32 v 32. Nonsense. 800 tickets of pure tripe, how anyone could like that is beyond me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sparks wrote: »
    It's random; I've seen reports of what others got in theirs and it doesn't match mine (2x50% boosts, 1x25% boost, SRR-61 20x scope, R2 suppressor for the u-100).

Quick question on the XP boosts - my battle-back gave me a 50% 1 hour XP boost. Does it use those automatically the next time you go to play the game, or do you have to 'deploy' them before playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Quick question on the XP boosts - my battle-back gave me a 50% 1 hour XP boost. Does it use those automatically the next time you go to play the game, or do you have to 'deploy' them before playing?

You have to select it in the match. If you've a few of them, don't cancel one to use another as you'll lose it completely.

• Advertisement

Yeah you press the Start button and it will say on bottom what button to press depending on what console you use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Excellent, didn't notice that option before. Thanks!

Excellent, didn't notice that option before. Thanks!

They stack with the current xp boost. I went from 45 to 52 in eight games with boosts active.

They stack with the current xp boost. I went from 45 to 52 in eight games with boosts active.

Yup, whilst it's double XP week. I like to use all my 100% XP boosts and get triple xp and 30,000 xp per medal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

im lev 40 and never ever got any boost higher than 50%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mozattack wrote: »
    First experience of Locker 32 v 32. Nonsense. 800 tickets of pure tripe, how anyone could like that is beyond me

I can think you can now imagine how pointless Metro was with 64 players, given it had half the paths of Locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Spear wrote: »
    I can think you can now imagine how pointless Metro was with 64 players, given it had half the paths of Locker.

I don't think Metro was as bad as Locker. There seemed to be a lot more flanking routes in Metro.

Spear wrote: »

Agreed, i can finally see why PC players mainly hated Metro so much now. Saying that Metro was good on 12 v 12 and so too is Locker, just a shame that you are on a good Conquest Large server and you come across this map whereby the next 20-30 mins of your life is wasted throwing grenades and ammo boxes.

I'd say it would be even worse if the old revive mechanic was still in the game; never ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

mozattack wrote: »
    Agreed, i can finally see why PC players mainly hated Metro so much now. Saying that Metro was good on 12 v 12 and so too is Locker, just a shame that you are on a good Conquest Large server and you come across this map whereby the next 20-30 mins of your life is wasted throwing grenades and ammo boxes.

I'd say it would be even worse if the old revive mechanic was still in the game; never ending.

It is a good way of levelling a class I done that multi talent badge on a 24/7 locker match but what really kills it is the glitches on c where people are up at a huge height and can't be hit

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hey, I liked Metro. Yes, even the 64-player conquest large versions. Not everyone has a PC that can render ten square kilometers at 90fps y'know :D
    Besides, yes, it could bind up on the side stairs at B, but if you could push past that, the gameplay on the C and A flags were excellent.
    And it served as a way to let people level up their kit so they could compete on the other maps. So in a way, Metro was the most important map of them all (and that's why you'll see so many 24/7 Locker servers today...)

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    It is a good way of levelling a class I done that multi talent badge on a 24/7 locker match but what really kills it is the glitches on c where people are up at a huge height and can't be hit
    Glitches? You mean when they hop out the upper window and onto the ledges? Just follow them or use the xm25 on them (that's what it was designed for)...

New client patch for PCs out tomorrow it seems (not just the China Rising DLC for premiums, but everyone's client)...

but what really kills it is the glitches on c where people are up at a huge height and can't be hit

Like sparks said, airburst them.

Incidentally, you can hit them; but it's headshots only so on a pistols-only server, that tactic is a pain in the fundament and you pretty much have to fight up the stairs, out the window and flank them.

Mind you, that aside, Locker becomes an absolute joy to play on a pistols-only server. Though the gits who keep using grenades on the one I use are really really irritating and half the time I'll jump on a grenade if they throw it (because if they kill me with it, they get killed or kicked if it's a repeat offence). I mean, it says "PISTOLS ONLY" right there in capital letters, how hard is that to grok?

Glitches? You mean when they hop out the upper window and onto the ledges? Just follow them or use the xm25 on them (that's what it was designed for)...

im on about them being actually on the roof of c shooting you and there is a barrier in the way of you shooting back I killed one or two of them with mortars but its annoying !

New client patch for PCs out tomorrow it seems (not just the China Rising DLC for premiums, but everyone's client)...

do the people who got bf4 + china rising dc get it ?

do the people who got bf4 + china rising dc get it ?

EVERYONE who has BF4 on PC gets the patch tomorrow.

EVERYONE who has BF4 on PC gets the patch tomorrow.

The maps I meant the maps ha

The maps I meant the maps ha

Only premium members get China Rising tomorrow, everyone else who don't have premium and just used the code they got with the game get Chine Rising DLC on December 17th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Just getting into battlefield after picking it up with the ps4, loving it so far despite still trying to grasp whats going on at times. Is the the premium worth it?

Advertisement