Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Davei141 wrote: »
    Just getting into battlefield after picking it up with the ps4, loving it so far despite still trying to grasp whats going on at times. Is the the premium worth it?

In terms of normal play Premium doesn't mean much. Realistically it's essentially just pre-ordering the expansions for the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Double download on the started ,

BF4 update 885 MB and China Rising early access 4.5 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ouch, 4.5Gb.
    I remember the days when manic miner fitted in 32kb...
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jonski wrote: »

It's times like this I love having UPC. I'll miss it when I move back out to the sticks lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jonski wrote: »

Just started mine a minute ago and already 10% done. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , I'm on UPC as well , the China Rising 4.5 gig came down in a few minutes , the other one though kept pausing and now it says download failed . Gonna restart Origin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Has anyone tried this on PS4 as I heard such updates auto load now and you dont have to trigger them?

(doubt it)

I am only getting used to 64 player maps and now we have China Rising... it is all a bit too much for me¬!

mozattack wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this on PS4 as I heard such updates auto load now and you dont have to trigger them?

(doubt it)

I am only getting used to 64 player maps and now we have China Rising... it is all a bit too much for me¬!

Haven't tried it myself (Xbox One player) but I'd assume it does the game updates automatically but probably not the DLC.

Just timed my download for China Rising for Xbox One with my 100mb connection whilst browsing on my laptop, for the craic.

12 minutes to download the 4.5gb, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I got the BF4 + Battlefield 4 Premium Service DLC from simplycdkeys (along with a fair few from here)

I don't seem to have access to any of the premium stuff so far? dogtags and all that, also I can't log on to China Rising maps, am I doing something dumb here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

bugger I never activated the second key for Premium, getting all the **** down now

Stingerbar wrote: »
    bugger I never activated the second key for Premium, getting all the **** down now

Lol I was just about to ask you did it say premium beside your name on battlelog. Happy downloading/unlocking! :P

Well, I've been saying it here for a few days, but it's not just me...

Step away, change toddler's nappy, step back in... the joys of BF4 late at night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Where's the cheapest place to pick this up on PC lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This made me laugh.

mEkCa1u.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Anyone notice that the double XP only seems to apply to the original maps ?
    Played a few china rising games last night , didnt seem to get the double XP , then I went back to a base map server and got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Discovered rush is great for unlocking sniper rifles. Not all maps but a good few are great for shooting people in the face from 2-300 metres out. Good way to get the marksman ribbons as well :)

So the China Rising maps are... well, meh.
    Well, maybe not meh, but I'm glad I didn't buy the digital deluxe option. They're not bad, don't get me wrong, even Silk Road which I was expecting would become the new operation firestorm until the old operation firestorm arrives to tick me off, but it turns out that infantry can actually stand a chance on the Silk Road map so long as you start on the Chinese side (on the US side, not so much unless you push hard and get to the central point). There's enough cover to make it interesting and the dirt bikes let you move around a bit more easily.
    Altai Range could be good, but I spent one round fighting over the central point and it was a constant cycle of spawn, get one kill, get killed from behind, spawn (and that was when the cycle wasn't spawn, get killed during the blackout, spawn). And on another round, we got into an armour scrap over C and A and it was impossible to hold because the engineers on the other side could use the dirt bikes to get up above A and run down the mountain at you, the armour can't elevate guns enough to catch them and the infantry on A is getting pounded by the armour pushing up on it. Just not balanced.
    Guilin Peaks looks stunning, but is crud to play in; yes, two people are having a great time having chopper dogfights amongst the peaks.... for all of the 30 seconds before the other 62 people fire ALL THE MISSILES at them. And as infantry, it's a lot of running before you get sniped from the top of the peaks (oh, and you can't easily shoot back because it's overgrown so you can't see targets but they can see you). The ultimate rooftop camping site. Not my favorite hour, that one.
    Dragon Pass is pretty okay. There was a good mix of run&gun and vehiclecide in there, but it really is a teamwork map and this just isn't proving to be a teamwork game :(

All in all, good but not great.

edit: Oh, and the bomber? Utterly pants. It's like a rails shooter mini-game. You don't control the bomber, you get in a control trailer thing on the ground and it gives you a screen like the AC130 but not in black and white thermals, you mark points on the ground and it fires JDAM bombs at them (you get four and that's it). Boring. Do it, get one kill to unlock the SUAV, then meh, not interested.

On the upside, I'm loving the sneakiness of the M2 SLAM :)
    Kill one IFV on a road, plant three M2s on the burning wreck, kill the next IFV for free when it pushes on past the wreck to the objective.

And I finally got the double-SRAW trick to work -- but feck, you need to be on a wide open map with some local cover and the target a ways off for that to work in a real game; and even then it's not going to kill an MBT or LAV.

And I unlocked the last ten kit unlocks for the assault class kit in one round of locker using the 1911 on a pistols only server with a 200% XP boost on top of the double XP week. Insane round :pac: That's all the kit unlocks for me now :)

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    Step away, change toddler's nappy, step back in... the joys of BF4 late at night :D

My version; tend to 10 day old baby, agree a sneaky 90 minute blast, interupted by crying 3 year old => no BF4, visit to hospital until 3.45am and up to work at 07.15am. (all okay)

Nice :eek:

Sparks.... disappointing review of China Rising! Maybe after some time it will gel? I am a premium member but obviuously it would be too hard for DICE to get it right for PS4 meaning no access - shoddy!

Sparks; agree on the M2 Slam. One thing I notice though is that on PS3 you could pop them on a tank, wait and then boom. Whereas on 64 player servers you can do that but with some many playing it is likely another RPG will come in and take your kill!

Does anyone like the PDWs?

Personally I love them, just feel perfect. I was 1-12 on Haitan Resort until I took out the UMP with suppressor and ended up 27-15 or something like that. I went on insane rampages flanking the enemy it was brilliant.

BTW; you can thank PS4 lag for the 1-12.

Ouch on the sleeplessness :(
    mozattack wrote: »
    Sparks.... disappointing review of China Rising! Maybe after some time it will gel?
    Maybe, but right now I'm thinking I'll spend more time in the second assault maps when they come out. There's nothing hugely wrong with the China Rising maps, they're just not great. It's nice to see the dirt bike come back, and I like the weapons, and if you're just flying about in a scout helo on your own on maps like Peaks, it looks lovely; but to actually play a balanced game? I dunno. I haven't seen much of that so far.
    One thing I notice though is that on PS3 you could pop them on a tank, wait and then boom. Whereas on 64 player servers you can do that but with some many playing it is likely another RPG will come in and take your kill!
    Run into cover in view of the tank, make him chase you. It's the movement that sets off the M2s. But most of the time, I don't have this problem, it's getting up close to the bugger that's the hard part.
    Does anyone like the PDWs?
    I do like the MP7 and MX4 inside 50m-60m or so. But there aren't many maps you can do that on. Haitan resort has all those long runs to close distance in. Get into the hotel and you'll own the place, but that long long run up to it tends to kill me anytime I'm PDWing it.

The whole game seems to have ranges at which various classes of gun work best - shotguns out to ~10-20m, PDWs then out to 50-60m, Carbines out to 100m, Assault rifles out to 200-300m, then sniper rifles thereafter. The DMRs should kick in between 200 and 500m, but don't because of their damage model :(

Sparks, agreed on the above.

One thing I noticed on BF4 is shotguns have lost their place even though they seem more powerful and have epic sound. Very hard to pick a map (on Conquest) where they are suitable despite actually liking shotguns - they are just fun.

DMRs; I liked them, read all the stats and posts and went off them but used them again last night and was kicking ass. I think a damage buff would only result in the semi-auto spamming again (ugh). Maybe a headshot multiplier of x3 within 20 metres would make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah, not overly impressed with China Rising either. Guilin Peaks is fecking awesome, especially on Obliteration :D

Had a great game last night: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408034528117349248/366500914/

Do not like Peaks as infantry. Was writing it off alltogether when I saw levelcap's video on the air superiority game mode in there. Didn't get to play it myself, but flying round Peaks in attack helos in air superiority? That sounds like it'd be a bit of craic allright :D

BTW, just as an aside, SCREW YOU MAJESTICDONKEY YOU FECKING GIT!
    Comes onto my pistols only server, shoots me in the face, sodding git.... :D

BTW, just as an aside, SCREW YOU MAJESTICDONKEY YOU FECKING GIT!
    Comes onto my pistols only server, shoots me in the face, sodding git.... :D

Hehehe, had a good game there too :D
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408056474378334528/366500914/

Had a 200% XP boost on and ended up with nearly 300,000 points for that round. Didn't even get to see all my ribbons before the timer ended and went to the next round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

If the attack choppers were faster then maybe it would be more fun tbh the jets are the same as before but the mountains do add an extra hazard for people isn't that right donkey :-P also on that game of obliteration with donkey was good fun except when donkey turned on his hax ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I can see myself in that breport :D being on losing side this time :P

• Advertisement

Didn't get to play it myself, but flying round Peaks in attack helos in air superiority? That sounds like it'd be a bit of craic allright :D

It's a load of balls actually...

Advertisement