Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yes, that was not my best round :D

Mine was the one before that :pac: : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408042703169679680/308251558/
    73 ribbons, 3 medals, 1 service star (M1911), 1 gold battlepack, unlocked the 1911 heavy barrel, and a promotion.

And the gold battlepack had a 200% XP boost in it, so I went off and did another round later on:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/408065583215440192/308251558/

Unlocked pretty much all the remaining bits in the assault class in one round :D

That 200%XP boost is downright silly during a double XP week :D

And I've said it before and I'll say it again; pistols-only Locker is a ton of fun to play. It's just a shame that that server only has 48 players; I'd love to see that setup with 64 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Slow on the uptake me but just looking at ye're posts about being on the same server and thought , I must look for the Boards platoon and join in .... incase any of ye need an easy kill ..... only to find .... no platoons in BF4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the suav is hilarious on operation locker. Can mow down waves of infantry with one pass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/4/5175588/ea-halts-battlefield-4-expansions

Who knows what this means; will future DLC be delayed?

That personally wouldn't bother me, I haven't shelled out for premium this year (yet), a consistently-working base game is what I'm after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jonski wrote: »
    Slow on the uptake me but just looking at ye're posts about being on the same server and thought , I must look for the Boards platoon and join in .... incase any of ye need an easy kill ..... only to find .... no platoons in BF4 ?

coming soon apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Played conquest on all China Rising maps last night... I dunno, was a bit bored to be honest. Cant put my finger on it; just didnt enjoy it and certainly not enough cover at bases apart from the major bases where it is essentially them a TeamDeathmatch game.

Cavaet that by saying (a) first time playing the maps, (b) was very tired and (c) i was playing CRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

mozattack wrote: »
    Played conquest on all China Rising maps last night... I dunno, was a bit bored to be honest. Cant put my finger on it; just didnt enjoy it and certainly not enough cover at bases apart from the major bases where it is essentially them a TeamDeathmatch game.

Cavaet that by saying (a) first time playing the maps, (b) was very tired and (c) i was playing CRAP

I played two there and I wasn't that gone one them. The lack of cover for infrentry is a problem.

Btw I'm on pc. Drexel_1

Add me cause I don't think I've anyone here on my friends list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tried to unlock the MTAR21, twice I did the what I needed in a round and still no unlock ****ing game is riddled to **** PISS OFF now with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tried to unlock the MTAR21, twice I did the what I needed in a round and still no unlock ****ing game is riddled to **** PISS OFF now with it.

I have it ages, its fcukin lethal.

You dont need the ribbons in the same round only have them and meet the other requirments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Ah man eod bot on locker is lethal the snipers don't even see it coming

Stupid question I know but which grenade is the 40mm for the assignment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

V40 MINI is the one your looking for.

Someone killed me with 40mm Flash Bang.

Shame of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jonski wrote: »
    Stupid question I know but which grenade is the 40mm for the assignment ?

Any of the assault ability grenades, even the smoke and flashbang(hit em in the chest).

game4it70 wrote: »
    V40 MINI is the one your looking for.

Nah , it turned out to be the M320 , that explains why I didn't know what it was , I never use that weapon .

SUAV + rooftop campers in Zavod/Flood = Comic Wins :)

Also, M1014 + vertical grip + HD-33 + flashlight is too damn much fun on a no-explosives operation locker map and utterly useless on a normal locker map.

Sparks wrote: »
    SUAV + rooftop campers in Zavod/Flood = Comic Wins :)

Also, M1014 + vertical grip + HD-33 + flashlight is too damn much fun on a no-explosives operation locker map and utterly useless on a normal locker map.

Sparks... i get the impression you like Locker, yeah?

Guys if you can add any gun or gadget to the game what would you include?

I'd like to see an option to take a guy down and tie him up or something. Must attack from behind and maybe hold "melee button" for 5 seconds (to make it hard) and then you take him under control and can tie him up and leave him there for a maximum period of maybe 2-3 minutes.

It is a bit off the wall as an idea but would be some laugh.

You obviously could shoot him or C4 him then!

Sparks... i get the impression you like Locker, yeah?
    I like the indoor maps, because my rig is not the fastest and it struggles to keep up with the rendering once I poke my avatar's head outdoors. When I'm hovering between 40 and 50 fps even on a reduced FOV, I might as well strap C4 to my chest and get it over with rather than go up against lads running i7 rigs with SLI video setups and 360 degree FOVs on full ultra details :D

Thing is, the indoor maps are in some ways a lot more tactical than the outdoor bits; smoke, hand flares, flashbangs and shotguns all work (to one degree or another) indoors but outdoors are just, well, virtually useless. Outdoors it's mostly snipers and vehicles, barring the areas that have any cover...

• Advertisement

@ Sparks...

I'd like to see a large indoor maps, kinda the best of both worlds, e.g. maybe a metro station or something like that... No seriously, why not an airport, would be great i'd say.

C4 on Ryanair's slot.

BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Thing is, the indoor maps are in some ways a lot more tactical than the outdoor bits; smoke, hand flares, flashbangs and shotguns all work (to one degree or another) indoors but outdoors are just, well, virtually useless. Outdoors it's mostly snipers and vehicles, barring the areas that have any cover...

64 player Locker is actually worse than Metro was...the grenade spam is just ridiculous. As well as that, the outside flanking route is generally useless because of snipers.

64 player Locker is actually worse than Metro was...the grenade spam is just ridiculous. As well as that, the outside flanking route is generally useless because of snipers.

I never played Metro 64 but if it is worse than Locker we certainly have a problem. Locker is shocking.

I "played" a 800 ticket match by standing near B to A throwing mini grenades for 15 mins and hip-firing an LMG. It was mind numbing boring.

Maybe with the revive mechanic changed Metro will open up somewhat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Maybe with the revive mechanic changed Metro will open up somewhat?
    I doubt it. I only play the very large maps on 64 player - everything else on 32. It's just too chaotic.

Which is why I don't play Locker unless it's a pistols only or no explosives server.
    Nothing like that grenade launcher with the bouncing grenade to just ruin a game by letting someone stand back on an ammo pack and trade booms with someone else 400m away doing the same thing while 62 other people sit around and twiddle their thumbs at a hundred euro a player...

Play on a no explosive server and most of them had the foresight to limit snipers to three or ban them altogether

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Play on a no explosive server and most of them had the foresight to limit snipers to three or ban them altogether
    Of course, that doesn't stop the team that gets to the outside of C using the M82 that spawns there to block the approach from the other team.

Which is why the no-explosives rule is so important - if the outside lane has descended into a sniperfest, then the upper and lower level entrances to C can become a grenadefest if explosives aren't banned. With that ban, of course, you can just rush the entrance and sure, you lose half your squad, but you don't get to sit around with your thumb all warm and sticky waiting for the tickets to run down either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have it ages, its fcukin lethal.

You dont need the ribbons in the same round only have them and meet the other requirments.

How da FOOK did you get it without jumping through hoops....jaysus this game is mental altogether. Are you sure you dont need it all in a round....other wise I should have had it ages ago with what you need to do.

Of course, that doesn't stop the team that gets to the outside of C using the M82 that spawns there to block the approach from the other team.

Which is why the no-explosives rule is so important - if the outside lane has descended into a sniperfest, then the upper and lower level entrances to C can become a grenadefest if explosives aren't banned. With that ban, of course, you can just rush the entrance and sure, you lose half your squad, but you don't get to sit around with your thumb all warm and sticky waiting for the tickets to run down either.

even if you pick up this wundawaffen the minute you kill someone you get a kia on yourself and eod bot makes short work of tunnel vision snipers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm still playing on the 360 and last night playing locker I went to head in for B only to be greeted with 7 grenades landing at my feet.. Kind of reminds me of Nuketown in COD BLOPS.

I'd imagine 64 player locker is horrendous.

Advertisement