Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like Locker, it's a guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I wish DICE would fix the netcode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Am I missing something, or are the shotguns just useless at anything other than absolute point blank? And even then they're still terrible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

How are people enjoying the China Rising maps? They are vast to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I am finding that I really like Silk Road, the others don't care too much for.

Installed the Commander App on my tablet last night, it's actually good craic and works surprisingly well, cool the way you can talk to the squads and your team and stuff! Commanding away whilst supposed to be watching this load of crap with the girlfriend. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Spear wrote: »
    Am I missing something, or are the shotguns just useless at anything other than absolute point blank? And even then they're still terrible.
    They're definitely not much use past 20m. But on the right map, played the right way, they're definitely playable. I've been trying this for the last few days:

But I didn't like the 870 at all so I switched to the M1014 and had a lot more fun (I tried the Hawk as well, and it's not as much fun as the M1014, but it's a darn sight better than the 870). It doesn't dominate, but I'm getting k/d's between 2/1 and 4/1 fairly consistently when I'm not surprised from behind because my teammates think "team" means "the meatshield I'll hide behind and use to get ammo and healthpacks"...

Also, funny moment last night when one of the players on my team in a 64-player locker map mentioned that he worked for EA.

I didn't know 63-v-1 was a thing in BF4, but apparently I was wrong, the entire server quickly turned on him :D If they'd had FF turned on, the poor sod wouldn't have stood a chance. And he kept trying to explain that he wasn't even a software guy or attached to BF4 in any way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sparks wrote: »
    Also, funny moment last night when one of the players on my team in a 64-player locker map mentioned that he worked for EA.

I didn't know 63-v-1 was a thing in BF4, but apparently I was wrong, the entire server quickly turned on him :D If they'd had FF turned on, the poor sod wouldn't have stood a chance. And he kept trying to explain that he wasn't even a software guy or attached to BF4 in any way :D

Lol hunting DICE is fun tho. We had a platoon(s) set up on BF3 called DICE Hunters where we would hunt DICE employees for the fun and try take their DEV & Friends tags. There's even a leaderboard to see who took the most tags :p

Some of them enjoyed the thrill of being hunted, others not so much. A couple that were cool added us as friends such as 'Gunhero'.
    I think even one of the DICE guys mentioned DICE Hunters during the BF4 E3 stream lol.

It was all for good fun, 63v1 would be insane tho lol, no hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

mozattack wrote: »
    I never played Metro 64 but if it is worse than Locker we certainly have a problem. Locker is shocking.

I "played" a 800 ticket match by standing near B to A throwing mini grenades for 15 mins and hip-firing an LMG. It was mind numbing boring.

Maybe with the revive mechanic changed Metro will open up somewhat?
    I've played both on X1 and Metro is far worse, its just constant explosive spam down the stairwells, at least with Locker you can use smoke etc to clean a flanking path but on Metro you can't even see the enemy.

The problem with Locker, much like Bazaar in BF3, is most people are happy to sit at the choke points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS4 version is ruined since Thursday. Concerned now

• Advertisement

Survey time! If people wouldn't mind filling out their favourite maps/modes, we'll use the results on the Craggy Island server and the results will be available to any other servers that want them.

This is for a 32 player server.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KR6R5YW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Survey time! If people wouldn't mind filling out their favourite maps/modes, we'll use the results on the Craggy Island server and the results will be available to any other servers that want them.

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

This is for a 32 player server.

Sure I just ticked every box. That's what ya wanted right?

Sure I just ticked every box. That's what ya wanted right?

Yeah, great help. Thanks. :D

jonski wrote: »
    Nah , it turned out to be the M320 , that explains why I didn't know what it was , I never use that weapon .

I've tried with that and it is not working for me.

Got the defib and pistol kills then got kills with the mini,the m320he and the first grenade but no joy grrrr.
    I wonder are the assignments messed a bit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

game4it70 wrote: »

Got the defib and pistol kills then got kills with the mini,the m320he and the first grenade but no joy grrrr.

When first added they were all separate events, but they were then fixed to be all in the same round it seems.

game4it70 wrote: »

Yeah, you need an M320, defib and pistol kill in the same round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone know how to use the M320 dart?

Is it a long range weapon like the normal M320 or is a short-range weapon like the M26 dart?

Done. Be nice to see some more game modes even if only experimentally, conquest large seems to be the european default...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Should put some objective games in there .... new patch made my game stable haven't crashed all day :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

:( New patch has made the game un-joinable for me today. Client keeps closing apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Not having new problems just the usual shanghai is still crashing really haven't finished a game of that since the beta and the game seems to run a bit slower.

Although it only crashes on shanghai during conquest large its fine for rush and obliteration and domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Not having new problems just the usual shanghai is still crashing really haven't finished a game of that since the beta and the game seems to run a bit slower.

Although it only crashes on shanghai during conquest large its fine for rush and obliteration and domination.

It runs slower because there were a few bells and whistles turned off in the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

fergus1001 wrote: »
    It runs slower because there were a few bells and whistles turned off in the beta

Ah no I mean since the patch the game is running slower not since the beta

Spear wrote: »
    When first added they were all separate events, but they were then fixed to be all in the same round it seems.
    Yeah, you need an M320, defib and pistol kill in the same round.

Strangely it appeared about an hour after i did the assignment :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Been playing this for a while now and it just doesn't feel very "Battlefield" to me. You don't seem to get a second to yourself, I'm in a hail of gunfire almost all the time. Each mode is like a variant of team deathmatch.
    It's morphing into Call of Duty with each incarnation.

The amount of times I've been instantly killed after respawning is turning me off the game completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Been playing this for a while now and it just doesn't feel very "Battlefield" to me. You don't seem to get a second to yourself, I'm in a hail of gunfire almost all the time. Each mode is like a variant of team deathmatch.
    It's morphing into Call of Duty with each incarnation.

The amount of times I've been instantly killed after respawning is turning me off the game completely.

Don't spawn next to the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't spawn next to the enemy.
    It always looks safe enough until you actually get there.

• Advertisement

Very rarely have this problem. You need to choose who you spawn on better.

Advertisement