Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I've had it a fair few times. But I've also had it work in my favour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Very rarely have this problem. You need to choose who you spawn on better.
    Sorry, I don't have the device that tells you where all enemy weapons are pointed at unlocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry, I don't have the device that tells you where all enemy weapons are pointed at unlocked yet.

Its on the deploy map in the left hand corner...it will tell you DANGER etc etc. in red/orange writing. If in doubt spawn in a tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its on the deploy map in the left hand corner...it will tell you DANGER etc etc. in red/orange writing. If in doubt spawn in a tank!

I sometimes wonder if not everyone gets that map in the corner , when I am watching players on my team running , flying and driving away from a flag that is going down .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You mean the map that shows you where everyone is and lets you choose where to spawn ? Or just spawn on your own deployment point which is actually outside the area the enemy is allowed into so there will be no one there but you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You mean the map that shows you where everyone is and lets you choose where to spawn ? Or just spawn on your own deployment point which is actually outside the area the enemy is allowed into so there will be no one there but you.
    I'm hoping he's being sarcastic :D
    And he's right - depending on the map, you can spawn right into a cluster of enemies who then kill you before the blackout lifts, even if you were spawning on a point rather than a player. Your choice comes down to spawning a mile away from the action or taking a chance that you'll be instakilled. Which sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sparks wrote: »
    Your choice comes down to spawning a mile away from the action or taking a chance that you'll be instakilled. Which sucks.
    This.
    Maybe I'm just having a poxy run of luck but even when it looks like there's nobody around, the player cam looks quiet, I spawn in and bam! there we go again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Complete newbie here, fed up fo FIFA on PS4 so decided to give this a shot, absooutely addicted to it.

Any tips though? Im fairly shocking at it, only get around 2/3 kills per session, always seem to see the enemy first, start shooting but always get killed first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Starting off? Don't play assault, stick with engineer & rpg tanks etc that are around. Don't go rushing into the action, take your time. Most importantly, watch the mini-map. Any time an enemy player shoots he is spotted on the map. Try to follow your squad mates around, look for the squad attack orders & attack that point. You get more points for working as a squad/team

Ok thats one, I always start off as assault thinking the only difference was weapons?

Biggest issue Im having is spotting an enemy, shooting first but always ending up killed, my aim isnt that bad surely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ok thats one, I always start off as assault thinking the only difference was weapons?

Biggest issue Im having is spotting an enemy, shooting first but always ending up killed, my aim isnt that bad surely :D

Maybe you're premature shooting :D

If you shoot first and aren't sure of the kill then you are only alerting them to your position . Mess around on the firing range and get used to the damage and range of the weapons .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Also you need to tap the fire button to help with recoil and accuracy especially at mid to long range.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Also you need to tap the fire button to help with recoil and accuracy especially at mid to long range.

So holding fire button and set to auto isnt doing me any favours?

So holding fire button and set to auto isnt doing me any favours?
    Auto is fine to use but if you tap the button instead of holding it down is much more accurate.

If you shoot at a wall and try both you will see the difference in bullet spread,the test range would a good place to test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

So if I recall correctly we are seven days away from the non premium release of the China Rising map pack. The game is out over 40 days and I honestly didn't think it would be this buggy. I said it was going to be bad but after yesterdays patch the game is really in a sorry state.

Origin downloaded and applied the patch (I haven't had any issues with Origin, in my opinion it is not a bad platform) In first match I had my INVR scope was intermittent which can be confusing but I pushed on to tear up the server with two of my buddies only to be killed and hit with the revive bug. It was saying press space to revive but it wouldnt let me revive and it would not let me redeploy. So I had to quit out of the server and queue to get back in to play with my group. This happened again later on that evening along with two occasions of not loading me to the next map and keeping me on the black screen listening to my friends saying that they had spawned and that I should queue again. I had to restart the battlelog on a couple of occasions to try and reconnect to a server that my friends were playing on. Battlelog kept telling me that BF4 was still running.

As the evening wore on we found a hacker, I recorded and uploaded the footage and reported the player to Dice. I was “one shotted” many times but I have accepted that as part of the game mechanics just like being shot behind cover.

Being shot and killed behind cover was awkward to deal with first. I haven't coded in over decade so I may be out of the loop when it comes to accurately using the right word or term describe the problem. I would have said interpolation as being shot from behind cover used to happen in CS 1.6 where the game interpolates packets of data coming in to your PC. This would fall under “netcode” rates for client, update and cmd, the server tick rate and the ex_interp.

Of course I know that this isn't CS but netcode issues do accurately describe the problems that people are having in Battlefield 4. Now that it is ten years later and it advanced to issues as hitbox desync and hit detection delay and other more fantastic terms. Whatever the name or cause or pedantic corrections, the game has issues with being shot behind cover. If a DICE empolyee wants to sign up to Boards.ie and correct my out of date interpretation it doesnt change the fact that it is not working properly and that it is extremely frustrating.

I hope that DICE would have this game ready for launch and in a way they did. They had it ready for the XBOX 360 and the PS3 at least three weeks before the launches of the Xbone and the PS4 consoles. EA must be swimming in money as they got to launch the game for five different platforms not only that but they have the chance to have players buy the game twice as players upgrade to the newer consoles.

When Battlefield 3 was released two years ago, the small gaming group I was apart of had ten semi-regular players of the game, some nights were epic as we had two squads on the one side tearing it up on Karkand. Some left after premium, some left after COD style Close Quarters, some left out of boredom. One left during the BF4 beta and one left after launch as it was extremely frustrating. We are down to three semi regular players. I wonder if other small online groups are as affected. Battlefield 3 was a good game but failed to live up to the legacy of BF2. BF2 saw a community grow to an unreal size and now I see EA gouging every last bit of cash from its user base as it shrinks to obscurity (my attitude to EA maybe exaggerating this point a little).

DICE is making Star Wars Battlefront 3 most likely to coincide with the new JJ Abrams film. Possibly see a sequel two years later as criterion/volition/visceral pump out Battlefield spin off games with the same level of quality as we can expect from Medal of Honor sideshow in non Battlefield years

I think that these times are pretty bleak to be a Battlefield player.

What I forgot to mention about last nights gaming was two rounds of LBFFoD that three of us had.
    Little Black Firework Fairy of Death recipe

Ingredients
    1 x Support with indirect fire perk and laser guided loadout for the scout chopper
    1x Engineer with SRAW and repair tool
    1x Engineer with Igla and repair tool
    1x Scout Chopper

Directions
    Make sure your support is a good chopper pilot
    Have the two engineers applying running repairs in the chopper.
    Have the engineers use their launchers on enemy vehicles

Once the support reaches full field score upgrade return to base.
    Hop out and back into the chopper, now the engineers should have unlimited ammo. To rain down on the enemy

Optional
    have one of your friends play the airwolf theme over teamspeak.

You should have a Chopper pilot with a 30:0 KDR and with resupply ribbons that should net him/her MVP. The constant repair score from the two engineers should net you the top three spots and the Ace Squad.

Any Complaints from the opposing team to be rebutted with comments of Teamwork or Jolly Co-operation that your team enjoys

LBFFoDs are susceptible to jet ramming and game crashes

When Battlefield is great it is amazing game of teamwork and skill that can make the hardest player giddy with joy. These moments are now few and far between for me, it is a shame that we have to endure such rushed, buggy and unfinished releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

My PS4 version is back to life again so very happy lately...

One comment though; I am struggling to see any reason NOT to use a suppressor (perhaps no need on bolt-action rifles though). I think it is "OP" a little. I don't use it all the time purely for variation but when not using it I am think "hmmm, if only".

I caused carnage with the LSAT and suppressor last night on Haitan Resort... very good. This is actually a very good weapon in BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

mozattack wrote: »
    My PS4 version is back to life again so very happy lately...

One comment though; I am struggling to see any reason NOT to use a suppressor (perhaps no need on bolt-action rifles though). I think it is "OP" a little. I don't use it all the time purely for variation but when not using it I am think "hmmm, if only".

I caused carnage with the LSAT and suppressor last night on Haitan Resort... very good. This is actually a very good weapon in BF4
    Whats your reasoning behind that, no recoil/severely manageable recoil?

I messed around with the LSAT for a while, wasn't overly impressed with it.
    The PKP is a beast if you can control the recoil.

I'm using the two smaller LMG's to try and rack up points to unlock the M240 and MG4, its hard against a team full of support players especially when most seem to have the laser beam that is the Famas.

mozattack wrote: »
    One comment though; I am struggling to see any reason NOT to use a suppressor
    Try leading a target at anything from medium range onwards as it moves across your field of view. With the suppressor on, it's a darn sight harder. For things like backraging on Locker, or using something like an AK5C which has managable recoil to start with, it's a damn nice thing to have, but it's not overpowered really (and to be honest, in any game with a commander, it's not worth it either because of the UAV spam negating its effect).

So i finish a round on GaelLords last night and the usual battle report icon pops up.Then a short while later another one pops up.
    That would be fine except i hadn't played the next map and had fully quit out of bf4 well before the next round started.

From the report....

Game4it
    Trigger Happy (697 Shots fired)

Scores
    Total 0---SPM 0---Skill +11----Kills 0----Deaths 0----K/D Ratio 1----Accuracy 18%

What the fook dice/ea? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

game4it70 wrote: »
    So i finish a round on GaelLords last night and the usual battle report icon pops up.Then a short while later another one pops up.
    That would be fine except i hadn't played the next map and had fully quit out of bf4 well before the next round started.

From the report....

Game4it
    Trigger Happy (697 Shots fired)

Scores
    Total 0---SPM 0---Skill +11----Kills 0----Deaths 0----K/D Ratio 1----Accuracy 18%

What the fook dice/ea? :confused:

I got that beat:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/409315265221170944/173294284/

1152 rounds fired in a match I wasn't present for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Captain Redbeard

Getting a little peeved playing with Blueberries on PS4... I'm a solid player ex clan player (no longer play with them as it was all a bit too serious!!!, barely touched BF4 so far.
    Am looking to play with team players who actually understand an objective! Feel free to add me:- captainredbeard-

Or reply and I'll add you! Cheers!

Spear wrote: »
    I got that beat:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/409315265221170944/173294284/

1152 rounds fired in a match I wasn't present for.

Damn your more accurate than me when where not playing. :P

Ah well shows that it must be another issue that we didn't know about.
    I blame the Net-code :P :D :pac:

284207.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

dead-horse.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Can I just say something about this netcode ****e that people are going on about. Consider the analogy of going to the doctor with symptoms of the flu - sneezing, coughing, sore throat, headaches and so on. The doctor tells you to go home and take Lemsip. All the symptoms point in the direction of the flu, but the doctor doesn't do any tests to confirm it - yet he can safely bet on it being the flu.

It's the same with the argument for bad netcode. All the symptoms point in the direction of bad netcode. None of us can 100% say it is in fact the netcode, but there is a good chance it is. So please, stop getting in such a tizzy when someone gives out about it. As well as that, if I want to say the netcode is ****e, I'll say it! :D

That's not a great example to use MD. A doctor who still has her malpractice insurance will take a quick peek at your tonsils, check your lymph glands, ask a quick question or two, check your temperature and one or two other quick checks before sending you home, just to forestall the lawsuit when she fails to diagnose a zebra. In other words, a quick debug run, getting actual data, then a preliminary diagnosis. Not a blind random hunch based on poorly-described third-order effects.

I'd say pick another example that doesn't involve paid trained professionals as your protagonist, but then I remembered that most programmers in the industry today actually are - shock, horror - paid, trained professionals and that this isn't the bitching and moaning thread so we're both off-topic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

All the symptoms point in the direction of bad netcode.

The thing is that the symptoms point towards a bad implementation somewhere, not bad netcode. You simply don't understand software development if you think the above.

A much better analogy would be your train arriving late, and from that assuming that the railway signals were faulty. You've picked one of many, many possible causes and decided that it's the problem.

Back to this again.
    The thing is that the symptoms point towards a bad implementation somewhere, not bad netcode.
    So it points to a bad implementation SOMEWHERE, but not netcode? So netcode has nothing to do with it, that's what you're saying?

Like I said, MY OPINION is that the problem is netcode. Whether the data that is being sent is getting messed up in the client-server-client communication stage, or before it, it is still being transmitted as bad data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

So it points to a bad implementation SOMEWHERE, but not netcode? So netcode has nothing to do with it, that's what you're saying?

I'm saying you can't know, and it's no more likely to be netcode than something else in core.
    Like I said, MY OPINION is that the problem is netcode.

Fine, it's your opinion. Don't expect me to take it seriously when it's the equivalent of diagnosing lung cancer from hearing a person cough.
    Whether the data that is being sent is getting messed up in the client-server-client communication stage, or before it, it is still being transmitted as bad data.

• Advertisement

Fine, it's your opinion. Don't expect me to take it seriously when it's the equivalent of diagnosing lung cancer from hearing a person cough.

Grand job. I'm done talking about netcode anyway. Give my regards to the 100,000s of others saying the issues are because of netcode (not saying they're right or wrong).

Advertisement