Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I have to say it all feels a bit late... everyone on my friends list is playing Destiny (which I didn't get) and this patch should have came out a month after BF4 was released.

You can change the HUD and remove clutter but I forget where all that stuff is in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Really impressed with what I've seen so far, bit late though as I'm beat into Destiny at the moment, but I will be back to BF4 now when I'm bored of traversing the solar system... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

Did anyone else log in to Battlelog today and find extra battle packs ? , The first time I logged in this afternoon there were 8 gold packs , I opened them , logged in there this evening and there was another 4 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

jonski wrote: »
    Did anyone else log in to Battlelog today and find extra battle packs ? , The first time I logged in this afternoon there were 8 gold packs , I opened them , logged in there this evening and there was another 4 .

No? :( Did you complain a lot to them at one stage, and this is their way of apologizing?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

jonski wrote: »

Just had a look there and there were a good few. I haven't wanted to go anywhere near it in months tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Such a pity it actually took until version 2.0 to get a working version of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh, only thing I'm not liking is the speed really.

its way too fast now imo.

I know its meant to be the same speed as battlefield 3 but 4 is so much more hectic then 3 in many ways that throwing in more speed is a bit insane.

Taking more hits to kill people doesnt bother me but with the speed boost it does sometimes turn into a bit of a farce race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I must have gotten a different patch to everyone else...

Game feels like it's running through treacle now, everything feels slower.

And for me it's gone from being shot after I run round a corner to being shot before I come round the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Just playing some Classic mode there, yeah it seems really cool, I had never really tried out hardcore but I reckon Id dig it as I like the fact that you have to be that little bit more careful and there is less Halo style from everyone involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I must have gotten a different patch to everyone else...

Game feels like it's running through treacle now, everything feels slower.

And for me it's gone from being shot after I run round a corner to being shot before I come round the corner.

I'm like you, The standard movement speed seems really slow, sprinting is about the same though. Otherwise I found it to be better overall so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Yeah I got a classic mode game there yesterday and liked it, it seems to tighten up gameplay a lot.

Got killed several times around a corner, like took fire - ducked around a corner then got a whole bunch of hits at the same time and died. hmm... I think its still not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm like you, The standard movement speed seems really slow, sprinting is about the same though. Otherwise I found it to be better overall so far.

The slow movement speed is due to your Field of View settings being defaulted to 55 degrees. I changed mine back to 80 degrees and it feels normal now

The slow movement speed is due to your Field of View settings being defaulted to 55 degrees. I changed mine back to 80 degrees and it feels normal now

I'm on xbox one. I don't think I can adjust the fov

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Glad more people are trying & enjoying Classic mode. Definitely the only way to play it now imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is 2.0 out on ps4 too? Or is it only on pc?

Is 2.0 out on ps4 too? Or is it only on pc?

The fall patch is out on all platforms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, this patch did wonders for pc version. I fired ps4 and no update was in queue for Bf4. I guess it was done in background few days ago. Anyway, patch or not I can actually play now. I suck with controller like a boss, but even I managed to kill few people tonight.

Okay, this patch did wonders for pc version. I fired ps4 and no update was in queue for Bf4. I guess it was done in background few days ago. Anyway, patch or not I can actually play now. I suck with controller like a boss, but even I managed to kill few people tonight.

I had a few games yesterday on PS4, it's a bloody beast now so it is.....

Had more fun in one sitting than the last 11 months, feels fresh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Might just be me but I preferred it pre patch. Getting a lot of cheap deaths now compared to before. I shot one guy twice in the head this evening with a shotgun at close range and he turned around and stabbed me. Definitely not enjoying it after this update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I want to get my son premium (has the base game) for bf4 so where is the best place to get it?
    The best i've found is about 30e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

game4it70 wrote: »
    I want to get my son premium (has the base game) for bf4 so where is the best place to get it?

The Premium edition is coming out the 27th Oct. It includes the base game and all the DLC for 40 or something so I can only imagine how cheap the DLC will be on it's own if you wait a couple weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

game4it70 wrote: »

Where did you see it for 30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Dayum wrote: »
    The Premium edition is coming out the 27th Oct. It includes the base game and all the DLC for 40 or something so I can only imagine how cheap the DLC will be on it's own if you wait a couple weeks.
    He is very eager to get it asap but thanks for the heads up.
    Where did you see it for 30?
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/battlefield-4-premium-service-pc-cd-key-origin?mw_aref=8023ef0aa94165947417b567beee956d&utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

Make sure youre buying it for the right platform too!

DICE explain the main changes to the game with the Fall update....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fieldog wrote: »

DICE explain the main changes to the game with the Fall update....

I just wish the game was shipped like this. I was looking forward to BF4 so damn much :(

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I just wish the game was shipped like this. I was looking forward to BF4 so damn much :(

Shocking what they were allowed release, the game only came into beta around April (IMO) from what I can see, now in October the full game came out... :D

New maps look......interesting.

F8Wpz7U.jpg

:)

• Advertisement

The Red wrote: »
    That's random lol...how did you stumble across that?

I think that was from the CTE yesterday, nothing interesting in the latest version as most of the changes are for Final Stand but they havent made the maps available yet. The rumour is that we'll be getting those maps in CTE again this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I posted this over in the playstation thread but might be useful here too. There is a BF sale on psn this week.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/15/new-ps-store-discounts-battlefield-savings-fresh-deals-week/?emcid=social_20141015_33683557

Also out of interest how big is premium so far on ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Jesus that lad has utterly terrible aim :D

Jesus that lad has utterly terrible aim :D
    Can't you tell? I was trying to write my name on his face :D

ps final stand out in a few hours on CTE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'll wait a couple weeks till it's out. Don't have the hdd space & can't be arsed waiting a few days for it to DL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Dayum wrote: »
    New maps look......interesting.

F8Wpz7U.jpg

we have a big hairy lad in the AO

That's random lol...how did you stumble across that?

I think that was from the CTE yesterday, nothing interesting in the latest version as most of the changes are for Final Stand but they havent made the maps available yet. The rumour is that we'll be getting those maps in CTE again this week

That was DannyonPC. I follow him on twitter and he was sharing that clip with Tigg_r Sirland explaining that his weapon would not compensate for recoil when he pulled down on the mouse. Hence the awful aim. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played BF4 for the first time in months last night, was on parcel storm. Got a good few kills, helicopters and planes fighting overhead as the storm blows in, few more kills and revives, things getting pretty hectic, i turn around and im almost face to face with the ship as it hits the shore and crashes into the building. Absolute mayhem bMaybe the new patch helps but i had almost forgotten why i loved battlefield, this is exactly why

That was DannyonPC. I follow him on twitter and he was sharing that clip with Tigg_r Sirland explaining that his weapon would not compensate for recoil when he pulled down on the mouse. Hence the awful aim. :D

It wasn't his aim. It was my training:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://www.play.com/Games/PS4/4-/54100937/937114096/Battlefield-4-Limited-Edition/ListingDetails.html

Been distracted by Destiny but has the patch fixed all the bugs and made this a worthwhile purchase @ £999

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    http://www.play.com/Games/PS4/4-/54100937/937114096/Battlefield-4-Limited-Edition/ListingDetails.html

Been distracted by Destiny but has the patch fixed all the bugs and made this a worthwhile purchase @ £999

???

haha nice. On e-bay they up the price to something ridiculous when it's out of stock instead of taking it down and relisting it. Not so sure about this website tho, surely just an aul typo, crazy fooooos! :P

James Bond is now in BF4.....

WindyAdvancedKronosaurus.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Possible crossbow and yes a bipod for your knife in the next dlc ha ha ha

http://youtu.be/2MJRtAi6eh0

Would show dice have a sense of humor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Would show dice have a sense of humor

I always thought BF4 was some kind of weird troll or joke already from DICE

when is the next dlc out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

when is the next dlc out?

Since Battlelog just got updated to accommodate it, within the next two weeks or so seems likely.

I'll come back to play it when the new maps are out to see how banjaxed it still is.

Been playing 3 the last few weeks and the difference is amazing. Plus, Grand Bazaar FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Been playing 3 the last few weeks and the difference is amazing. Plus, Grand Bazaar FTW
    Would absolutely love to see Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing back. Had a game of BF3 last weekend for the first time in a year...and did this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/82044862/366500914/

:D

Would absolutely love to see Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing back. Had a game of BF3 last weekend for the first time in a year...and did this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/82044862/366500914/

:D
    My first game back on it I went 50-22, been struggling lately on BF4 to get a positive result so it was nice to know it was probably the game and not me sucking :)

also nice to have the DMR's being useful again, M39 with a silencer on Metro = death ninja :D

Trying to get used to flying the choppers again, that's been fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

New maps are out on November 18 :)

Advertisement