Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

New Captain America Perk Let's You Jump Over RPG's....

ShinyEnergeticHowlermonkey.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Turned the xbox on tonight to start downloading naval strike and the hard drive decides it doesn't want to work any more.

Corrupts my profile, hangs and occasionally throws an error code, sonovabitch

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

New update doesn't stop the thing crashing every few games anyway the ****ing *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Word on the street is that EA is shifting the BF reigns to criterion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

BordorFox wrote: »
    Word on the street is that EA is shifting the BF reigns to criterion

For **** sake cant be true ?

@4Dlolz

what in the name of Michael Collins happened there ?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Just want to ask has anyone got ns on xb1 yet? Still not showing up for me. Or is it delayed like it is on Pc?
    (I know mates of mine have it on the 360)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Unlocked the AWS after a game and a half... I am converted. Sweet jesus she's some piece of kit. And this is the nerfed version!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was playing NS on the 360 last night and the Carrier assault mode was a bit Meh

The problem is that the maps are all really open, and this encourages snipers. But the point of the game is to hold onto flags so your team can open up the enemy aircraft carrier

Snipers don't capture flags

In my first game, we were playing in a full server and I'd say about 5 of us out of the 24 were actually playing the objective.

The boats and hovercrafts are severely hampered by the fact that you can deploy M5 Slams under the water and this makes island hopping tedius because driving a boat you're gonna get slammed, and swimming or walking you're gonna get sniped.

Inside the carriers is also a bit stupid. There are 4 new maps, but the rush mode for all 4 maps are the same layout for both teams so there's poor variety.

When the first team opens up the enemy carrier, assault mode begins, but the only way for the enemy team to win is to keep attacking the flags so the other carrier gets unlocked. So we now have a rush mode where sometimes the MCOMS are completely undefended because the enemy is still capturing flags and/or sniping elsewhere on the map

It is theoretically possible to achieve the right balance in a game between defending the MCOMS on your carrier and assaulting the enemy carrier, but this requires coordination and teamwork across squads, and BF4 doesn't allow people in different squads to talk to each other using ingame chat unless it's through a commander

I didn't play too many games before a crash closed the game and the server list stopped populating. It came back up again after about 5 minutes but at that stage, I decided to stop playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sounds like the very definition of clusterf**k
    Downloaded it yesterday but haven't played it yet. Not a big fan of boats or water but I'll give it a go over the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

And thats me now done with the game, final straw
    UPDATE: We wanted to provide more detail about the delay of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike. We have delayed the PC version of Naval Strike because we are concerned that the combination of the pack and planned PC updates would increase performance issues on mid-range to high-end PCs. We are working hard to resolve that issue now.

Additionally, we have decided to delay the Xbox One version of Naval Strike because we want to address issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations.

We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn’t want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content.

We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC. We also want to remind Xbox One and PC owners of Battlefield 4 Premium that they will have two weeks early access for Naval Strike once it’s released. Thanks for your continued patience and passion for our games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Early April...? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Akrasia wrote: »
    I was playing NS on the 360 last night and the Carrier assault mode was a bit Meh

The problem is that the maps are all really open, and this encourages snipers. But the point of the game is to hold onto flags so your team can open up the enemy aircraft carrier

Snipers don't capture flags

In my first game, we were playing in a full server and I'd say about 5 of us out of the 24 were actually playing the objective.

The boats and hovercrafts are severely hampered by the fact that you can deploy M5 Slams under the water and this makes island hopping tedius because driving a boat you're gonna get slammed, and swimming or walking you're gonna get sniped.

Inside the carriers is also a bit stupid. There are 4 new maps, but the rush mode for all 4 maps are the same layout for both teams so there's poor variety.

When the first team opens up the enemy carrier, assault mode begins, but the only way for the enemy team to win is to keep attacking the flags so the other carrier gets unlocked. So we now have a rush mode where sometimes the MCOMS are completely undefended because the enemy is still capturing flags and/or sniping elsewhere on the map

It is theoretically possible to achieve the right balance in a game between defending the MCOMS on your carrier and assaulting the enemy carrier, but this requires coordination and teamwork across squads, and BF4 doesn't allow people in different squads to talk to each other using ingame chat unless it's through a commander

I didn't play too many games before a crash closed the game and the server list stopped populating. It came back up again after about 5 minutes but at that stage, I decided to stop playing.

Hmm, not being smart but would any of these issues be down to the low player count on 360 ? Ive been playing on 64 player servers and can honestly say the experience i had that the balance is just about perfect. Out of the 6 games i played, 3 went right down to the wire where both carriers had one blown MCOM and both sides were frantically attacking\ defending.

I know DICE love their themed map packs but surely, for the sake of the community and pleasing all customers, they would mix up their maps within the packs. For example, Armoured Kill for me in BF3 had little pulling power. I wouldn't have purchased it solo if I didn't already have Premium.

IMO a far better direction would be to have had say......Ziba Tower (CQ), Bandaar Desert (AK), Talah Market (AM) and Sabalan Pipeline (EG) all in one map pack. It includes something for everyone - Large, Medium, Urban, Close Quarters.....

But of course, that would be the logical thing to do....

allybhoy wrote: »
    Hmm, not being smart but would any of these issues be down to the low player count on 360 ? Ive been playing on 64 player servers and can honestly say the experience i had that the balance is just about perfect. Out of the 6 games i played, 3 went right down to the wire where both carriers had one blown MCOM and both sides were frantically attacking\ defending.
    I'm sure the dynamics work much better when there are 64 players.

Seems like EA are throwing around free Battlepacks for anyone that complains about Naval Strike being delayed....

Christ on a bike.....

0kJB037.png
    LIQQZBe.png
    jF5ubFu.png

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Seems like EA are throwing around free Battlepacks for anyone that complains about Naval Strike being delayed....

Wow a whole free gold battlepack which was upgraded from silver. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I read that conversation on the Battlelog forums and have to say I lolled at the trolling of the support guy and him seemingly not even understanding what was being said

The dev Lorne Lanning said EA shipped BF4 out too early much to the disgust of DICE....
    Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning believes that publisher’s continue to publish incomplete triple-A games just to please shareholders, undermining the hard work of developers and the experience of paying customers.

“**** that business. I don’t want to play with that business, because it was a losing business,” he said, in an interview with VG247 published today.

“I’d rather not make games than go ****ing be a slave for public companies who care more about their shareholders than they do about their customers.”

He pointed to the online problems of recently released Battlefield 4 as an example that profits are more important than finishing a game for publicly traded companies.

Today, DICE has announced that DLC for Battlefield 4 has been delayed, with no new release date given by the publisher.

“Why did Battlefield 4 ship? You know that team was crying. You know that team knew that game wasn’t ready to go.

“You know that team ****ing spent a lot of sleepless nights building that **** out to look as good and play as good, when it was able to be experienced, being played as they were intending it to be played. Someone made a decision that the shareholders are more important than the customer. And we see a lot of that. How do you blow that? How do you take that ****ing jewel and ship it with dirt all over it?”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/25/battlefield-4-shipped-with-dirt-all-over-it-lanning/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I know DICE love their themed map packs but surely, for the sake of the community and pleasing all customers, they would mix up their maps within the packs. For example, Armoured Kill for me in BF3 had little pulling power. I wouldn't have purchased it solo if I didn't already have Premium.

IMO a far better direction would be to have had say......Ziba Tower (CQ), Bandaar Desert (AK), Talah Market (AM) and Sabalan Pipeline (EG) all in one map pack. It includes something for everyone - Large, Medium, Urban, Close Quarters.....

That would indeed be very logical although id say it boils down to the fact that the level textures \models for the map packs are all linked and designed at the same time, which would mean in order to play them you would get one massive 20Gb patch containing everything at the same time which would cause major design issues. Coupled with the fact that each DLC takes months to design and complete it probaly just isnt feasible.

I do think though at this stage that Dice should at least provide some free vanilla maps available to all as a thank you for the long suffering players. I know EA arent in the habit of providing free content and dice are stretched fairly thin atm, But surely they could design a few freebie maps or even port over other maps such as Seine Crossing, Sharqi Peninsula and Kharg Island fairly quickly as these maps are very similar in textures to Metro, Oman and Firestorm. Throw in a few other new maps and bundle them together, it might go some way to win back some of the players who have left due to their absolute incompetency.

iu5MgyzFOzOrR.jpg

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif
    pTnFr8j.gif
    SNq07.gif
    7533.gif
    1374532175_Miley-Cyrus-Utilizes-Tray_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Ya that would make sense. I think the vip pass on bc2 was more to this theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If they did that the moaners would be saying they are being forced to buy map packs with maps they don't want.

They seriously can't win

If they did that the moaners would be saying they are being forced to buy map packs with maps they don't want.

They seriously can't win

Yeah, also, if they're introducing a new mode (tank supremacy for example) why would they release a close quarters map as part of the DLC

The Naval assault DLC introduces the Carrier assault mode, so why would they have a mountain pass map here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

miju wrote: »
    And thats me now done with the game, final straw

Come in over here out of the cold Damo, we have Naval Strike, fine wines and hoes, also a few good lads to play with, sell that bloody Xbox and come to the dark side... :D

Fieldog wrote: »
    Come in over here out of the cold Damo, we have Naval Strike, fine wines and hoes, also a few good lads to play with, sell that bloody Xbox and come to the dark side... :D

Just can't break away from being a MS fanboy altough I am going to be picking one up soon buddy

What the f&ck is going on?! Are they honestly taking the piss at a time like this?

From Frostbite Engine's Twitter:

@FrostbiteEngine:
    2014-03-26 11:06:28 UTC

Frostbite will soon be following in the steps of @UnrealEngine @unity3d & @cryengine with a subscription service. We only require your soul.

So Unreal decide to released their engine and the code to the public for $19/month. This allows pretty much anyone to create and develop games/mods using their platform. In return, when you launch your product you pay Unreal a small royalty fee. More on this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/unreal-engine-4-now-available-as-19month-subscription-with-5-royalty/

So following this news that the Unreal Engine, the CryEngine and the Unity Engine will be released to the public on a subscription based service, DICE lights up Twitter by promising to release Frostbite.....

Okay so far....

But then they Tweet this.....

@FrostbiteEngine:
    5:40 AM - 26 Mar 2014C

The last tweet was supposed to be amusing, not factual.

Can they not just keep their mouth shut? People are pretty pissed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

yeahhh.. a free Siene Crossing map.. that would be sweet..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Oh my god. Delayed until early April :eek:

So maybe next Tuesday or later in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They seriously can't win

I dont see how at this stage you can call people who are fed up of the constant bugs,game breaking issues,and repeated failed attempts by dice to fix this game moaners?
    The game was released last november and we still have content being delayed because the game is so unstable.

I played Naval Strike on PS4 last night,rubber banding all over the place,thats not moaning thats a fact!

I mean Dice have already admitted the game was broken

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Oh my god. Delayed until early April :eek:

So maybe next Tuesday or later in the week?

I'd imagine they'll aim for Tuesday the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EoinHef wrote: »
    I dont see how at this stage you can call people who are fed up of the constant bugs,game breaking issues,and repeated failed attempts by dice to fix this game moaners?
    The game was released last november and we still have content being delayed because the game is so unstable.

I played Naval Strike on PS4 last night,rubber banding all over the place,thats not moaning thats a fact!

I mean Dice have already admitted the game was broken

I like the majority on here and online have been playing without issue for months. I can't remember the last time I had an issue with BF4 that wasn't my fault.

I played last night, I have the same game and the same console as you and had no issues. The only difference is our networks.................

Advertisement