Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's 4.96 gb on PC, as mine just started downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Will be interesting to see if most of the current bugs are actually fixed, considering the release was delayed because of the condition of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

naval strike is live on pc now they say on facebook. hopefully the patch fixes more stuff than it breaks this time.:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looking forward to this! :) Would want to be amazing to take me away from Diablo 3 though :(

Edit, patch notes for PC Version:
    March 31 PC Game Update Notes

GENERAL FIXES
    -General stability improvements
    -Fix for a crash that could occur when players were customizing vehicles.
    -Fix for an issue in the Rush game mode where end-of-round screen would always indicate that there were 60 minutes left of the game.
    -Fix for an issue where the splash damage for IFV shells, Helicopter rockets, and Mortar rounds was unable to destroy deployed equipment.
    -Fix for an issue that could cause the quad bike to explode when it hit indestructible objects.
    -Fix for an issue that would cause sniper rifles to display too much bloom when aiming in snowy conditions, especially the outside areas of Operation Locker.
    -Fix for an issue where the ECM would sometimes fail to jam incoming missiles.
    -Shortened the take-off distances for jets to match the length of the runways in Second Assault maps.
    -Fix for going above ceiling exploits in Operation Metro.
    -Fix for a new MAV riding exploit.
    -Fix for kill camera jittering/strobing sometimes if colliding with other world objects or terrain.
    -Fix for soldiers getting catapulted when walking on steep surfaces

“NETCODE”
    -Fix for an issue where the kill camera would display the incorrect killer.
    -Fix for an issue where the kill card won’t show up when playing on servers which have the kill camera turned off.
    -Fixed an issue where other soldiers would appear to fire in the wrong direction when turning quickly.
    -Fix for weapons firing twice, or not at all in some instances.
    -Fix for an issue where explosions didn’t do any damage to infantry and vehicles that were outside of the combat area.
    -Fix for an issue where late-joining players wouldn’t correctly experience Levolution events on Paracel Storm and Flood Zone.
    -Fix for an issue that could cause packet loss.

WEAPONS / GADGET TWEAKS
    -Increased the damage of the normal buckshot against targets with Body Armor.
    -Reduced the vertical recoil of the M4 and M16A4 to give these burst fire weapons a tighter burst accuracy in their mid- to long range role.
    -Reduced the side-to-side and first shot recoil of the G36C. This weapon now has the lowest side-to-side recoil of the carbines, giving it a clear controllable low rate of fire role, especially when compared to the AK5C, Type-95B-1 and the AKU-12.
    -Tweaked the detonation time of the 40mm LVG so it bounces less before going off. The maximum damage has however been reduced to 80 like the RGO.
    -Reduced the number of how many 40mm HE and LVG rounds players can carry, from 4 to 3.
    -Increased the time it takes to get new 40mm round from ammo boxes. The time is longer for HE and LVG grenades and shorter for utility grenades like SMK and FLASH.

GRENADE TWEAKS
    -Increased the time it takes to get new RGO IMPACT, V40 MINI, M84 FLASHBANG and M18 SMOKE grenades from ammo boxes. Since the player now carries more of these grenades, the resupply delay needed to be longer to prevent grenade spamming.

VEHICLE TWEAKS
    -Significantly improved the suppression from mounted vehicle weapons, including miniguns, HMGs, LMGs, and all shells types for all armored vehicles.

AIRCRAFT TWEAKS
    -Further reduced the repair rate for the Scout Helicopters and the Transport Helicopters.
    -Significantly increased the damage of Transport Helicopter miniguns.
    -Changed the flight ceilings on Gulf of Oman, Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm to better match the height of the structures in those levels.
    -Adjusted the damage of the 25mm and 30mm cannons for both Stealth Jets and Mobile AA to be equal in Damage Per Second to the 20mm default weapons. These weapons were clearly poorer choices in all circumstances, and their different rates of fire are intended to be the player's choice factor for these weapon systems.
    -Increased the splash damage and the range at which the JDAM bombs can achieve max splash damage. The JDAM's power was not properly balanced with its difficulty to use. The JDAM remains a primarily anti-vehicle weapon, though this change will increase the effectiveness against all targets.
    -Increased the accuracy and direct hit damage of the AC130 40mm cannons. 40mm cannons can now be used to fire pinpoint shots in 2-3 round bursts, enabling them to provide accurate fire on infantry and vehicle targets. Their velocity has also been marginally increased to aid their accuracy.
    -Increased the splash damage and range of the AC130 25mm cannons. These cannons now do approximately 50% more damage, in a slightly increased area of impact. The increased damage as well as increased suppression effects will allow the 25mm cannon to fill its role as an area of effect weapon against infantry.

MANTLE
    -Mantle now requires Catalyst 14.2 or later drivers.
    -Fixed multiple crashes.
    -Fixed memory leak when switching between windowed and full screen.
    -Optimized memory management which can reduce amount of performance stalls when video memory is overcommitted.
    -Improved performance when vsync is used.
    -Fixed bug with offset mouse cursor when using full screen and horizontal windows taskbar.
    -Multi-GPU: Added initial support for frame pacing for smoother frame rate in full screen mode, enabled by default. Can be disabled in console / User.cfg with “RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0”.
    -Multi-GPU: Fixed black screen when starting on machine with multiple GPUs where the weakest GPU has the display attached to it.
    -Multi-GPU: Fixed intermittent crash when switching between windowed and full screen mode when having multiple GPUs

DIRECTX
    -Fixed bug with borderless window not covering entire screen when starting up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Seems the same as the PS4 patch last week.....

Hope they dont break it for PC players, they destroyed the PS4 version in the last patch....

Just wait til they patch the patch...

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Origins servers must be getting hammered 57.7KB/sec ha ha 10 hours remaining :eek: dont tink ill be able to play till tonight :mad:

Though it did do the first 2.9GB in like 10 mins then just dragged to that speed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Origins servers must be getting hammered 57.7KB/sec ha ha 10 hours remaining :eek: dont tink ill be able to play till tonight :mad:

Though it did do the first 2.9GB in like 10 mins then just dragged to that speed

Pause the download, open a command prompt, run "ipconfig /flushdns", then resume the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dont know if this was posted already but here we go

VQsyOPt.png

Its a fake, but a great one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

If that patch is anything like the XB1 patch expect things to get worse on the PC guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Spear wrote: »
    Pause the download, open a command prompt, run "ipconfig /flushdns", then resume the download.

It doubles the speed for like a second then it just drops back down if i leave it maybe it will be downloaded when im home at 10 tonight :pac:

Have you tried turning it off and on again, why yes i just did and now its back up to speed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

I was home at lunch and managed to download the patch very quickly - UPC 200meg in fairness, but I was expecting there to be issues with it. Jumped onto the gaellords server for a quick second and then headed back to work. I really hope it hasn't introduced more problems though.

Richie6904 wrote: »
    It doubles the speed for like a second then it just drops back down if i leave it maybe it will be downloaded when im home at 10 tonight :pac:

Have you tried turning it off and on again, why yes i just did and now its back up to speed :pac:

Were you on wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

-Fix for an issue that would cause sniper rifles to display too much bloom when aiming in snowy conditions, especially the outside areas of Operation Locker.
    ...and that's the last time we spend more than 20 seconds at the start of the round in the snow on that map. First guys to the hill outside C will be carrying SRR's and that'll be it, nobody will be able to peek outside for the rest of the round as the guys at C snipe with the guys at the other spawn....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Well I , being one of the few that had no problems up until now , can't connect to the Celts server atm , it just hangs there like it's loading , but it aint .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

ghbF5s3.jpg

The new improved AC-130 gunship is obscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

4Dlolz wrote: »
    ghbF5s3.jpg

Really??? Still suffering lag issues here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

jonski wrote: »
    Well I , being one of the few that had no problems up until now , can't connect to the Celts server atm , it just hangs there like it's loading , but it aint .

Working grand now .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Current online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

XBOXONE

PS4

What were last weeks numbers again?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone else have trouble with the FLIR on the M39? Sometimes I spawn with only a normal scope, sometimes with the FLIR that I have selected. Really annoying.
    miju wrote: »
    If that patch is anything like the XB1 patch expect things to get worse on the PC guys
    So like every other patch, then? :pac:

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    Really??? Still suffering lag issues here!

They figured it out apparently, just havent applied the patch yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Spear wrote: »
    The new improved AC-130 gunship is obscene.

I really wish they had left that alone.It was bad enough as it was on the likes of paracel with f all cover and now i can only imagine.

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Current online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

XBOXONE

PS4

What were last weeks numbers again?

dont know PC but prior to Titanfall XB1 was around the 19k mark constantly

game4it70 wrote: »
    I really wish they had left that alone.It was bad enough as it was on the likes of paracel with f all cover and now i can only imagine.

I had one go in it, there's no jets to take it down, and there's very little cover. Spotted infantry simply died to the 40mm and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the_syco wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble with the FLIR on the M39? Sometimes I spawn with only a normal scope, sometimes with the FLIR that I have selected. Really annoying.

So like every other patch, then? :pac:

If you switch to pistol and zoom and then switch back it sometimes fixes it.

Noticed it with the LSAT and the FLIR or the INVR a few times

noticed it on bigmooney06 latest vid, bout 2 and a half mins in when he starts with the dmr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OR-kmXU884U#t=159

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

And were back to CTDs with added game freezes for tens of seconds at a time and massive lag spikes.

**** this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Finally got to play Naval Strike..

I see the enemy team are bullet sponges bug is back in force.

Also, **** that AC-130 now, it's ridiculous how much damage it can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Fieldog wrote: »
    They figured it out apparently, just havent applied the patch yet.....

i think its a memory leak i got bad stuturing lag stuff and went to task manager and 74 % of 8 gigs ram was taken up on me i never seen it as high since the launch of bf 4

Played on the XB1 test server last night for a while.

Game runs great in it proper hit detection, being able to react when getting shot and get to cover etc BUT everything feels alot more slowed down, sprinting slower and for some reason you cant jump as high either

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    i think its a memory leak i got bad stuturing lag stuff and went to task manager and 74 % of 8 gigs ram was taken up on me i never seen it as high since the launch of bf 4

I was referring to the disastrous PS4 version - I can't believe that you PC lads are getting affected by this update also thought things should be fine on PC....

Advertisement