Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Played a few rounds on a couple of the new maps last night (PC). No lagging, performance seems similar to before the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm really enjoying the new maps and Carrier assault especially. I like the way Carrier assault gives the losing team a chance to win if they put up a good defence. It's not as good as 2142 titan mode but it comes close. Being able to escape the carrier at the end would have been great though. Also, I think that putting a paradrop spawn point over the breached enemy carrier is a bit cheap and removes the defender's ability to temporarily stall an attack like you could in 2142 by destroying the mobile pod launcher. Still though, it's good craic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

I'm entertained with Naval Strike thus far but in reality anything would be a breath of fresh air at this point as we haven't had some new maps to play around with since December and even at that, I know a lot of people that didn't particularly take a shine to China Rising.

One small gripe I have with this DLC (and believe me, it's tedious but I felt it was noteworthy) are these themed map packs that I mentioned in an earlier post. I thought this DLC was called Naval Strike and not Tropical Island Strike?Surely DICE could have differentiated between these maps by making, say....Nansha Strike a snow map, and another as a night map etc etc.

A friend of mine played a few games last night and even though he enjoys a game of Battlefield every now and then, he wouldn't keep up to the minute interest on news etc. He played three games - on three separate maps and said "Jesus, the same map keeps coming up". Regardless of how they play, they do look similar and it's a shame because you can only walk around and see so many palm trees and islands before it becomes bland and unvaried.

*Yeah, so.....I warned you it was tedious.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I wouldn't mind the tedium so much if that fupping shark would leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

danniemcq wrote: »
    If you switch to pistol and zoom and then switch back it sometimes fixes it.

Noticed it with the LSAT and the FLIR or the INVR a few times

noticed it on bigmooney06 latest vid, bout 2 and a half mins in when he starts with the dmr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OR-kmXU884U#t=159
    Aye. Works a charm :)

=-=

The transport chopper flies like a brick now. Doesn't come back up after a bit of a dive.
    Sparks wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the tedium so much if that fupping shark would leave me alone.
    Would love to have sharks in the water :P

• Advertisement

There are sharks in the water on one of the maps. Not the megalowhatsit they were on about, they're only as long as the rhib boats, but they're fecking annoying. You'll be sniping away and then suddenly KIA munched. Very fecking funny Dice.

There are sharks in the water on one of the maps. Not the megalowhatsit they were on about, they're only as long as the rhib boats, but they're fecking annoying. You'll be sniping away and then suddenly KIA munched. Very fecking funny Dice.

The sharks are a threat?! I thought you couldn't kill them and like wise.....thought they were just part of the scenery.

Animal rights groups and all that....

Animal... rights. In a genre where walking through an airport shooting civilian passangers with an M60 is considered "immersive gameplay"? Are you kidding me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Wasn't there a big hooha made of the rat being stabbed in BF3 single player?
    I remember some animal rights groups going nuts over that...

Haven't found teh sharks yet, I do agree they all look very similar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Animal... rights. In a genre where walking through an airport shooting civilian passangers with an M60 is considered "immersive gameplay"? Are you kidding me?

As far as I was aware, the sharks were just inanimate objects like already said - something indeed to do with animal rights groups giving out if you actually kill the sharks. I think it was mentioned in one of JackFrag's videos.

• Advertisement

Then someone's screwed up somewhere, because like I said, one minute you're standing there just off to the side of one of the fording points between islands and the next minute it's killcam and you're mid-shark.

Then someone's screwed up somewhere, because like I said, one minute you're standing there just off to the side of one of the fording points between islands and the next minute it's killcam and you're mid-shark.
    Somebody who has the mental capacity to realise that they're only computer generated sharks killing you/being killed by you (hopefully) and not actually real?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Somebody who has the mental capacity to realise that they're only computer generated sharks killing you/being killed by you (hopefully) and not actually real?

You'd hope. But at least the screenshot's funny.

God damn 3D monitors :D

I may start going through the achievements tonight see if I can get some new guns. Have my eye on that AWS, bit of metro with the M60 should help with that easy enough.

Why are assignments I've already completed still showing up at the end of games?!

It's annoying the slightly OCD part of me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Why are assignments I've already completed still showing up at the end of games?!

It's annoying the slightly OCD part of me....

Snap!!!

Couple of April Fools jokes out there....

This one was mad.
    http://kotaku.com/frostbites-april-fools-joke-is-kinda-mean-1556136401

EA said they'll start developing Mario for Wii U using the power of the Frostbite engine....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

This one was mad.

EA said they'll start developing Mario for Wii U using the power of the Frostbite engine....:eek:

Mushroom season pass

become big whenever you want for just €29.99

Unlocked the AWS last night, good jesus it's a beast.
    M60 is still my favorite but I switched to it after unlocking on metro and immediately went on a slaughtering spree, going up against 3 and 4 people and walking away laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I unlocked it yesterday as well. :)
    Thought I was going to have trouble getting vehicle kills with support but turned out to be quite easy (once I realised charging straight at a tank waving C4 was a stupid idea).
    Hit a tank with the SRAW and it drove off, chased it ages on foot and found it with an engineer repairing. Threw a C4 over his shoulder and it stuck to the tank. He actually stopped repairing, looked at it probably thinking "What the fu*k is that" when I blew everything to smithereens.
    Haven't really tried the AWS yesterday. Was using the M249 yesterday and it seemed very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

This one was mad.

At least someone from EA realised it was in poor taste...and not even funny:
    https://twitter.com/petermooreEA/status/451113995747876864

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://t.co/kaQSdDgo11

Hopefully they'll have it sorted before we all die of old age

oVsceeD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I unlocked it yesterday as well. :)
    Thought I was going to have trouble getting vehicle kills with support but turned out to be quite easy
    Found an easier way. Play as support, and blow up small enemy boats from a bigger boat :P

the_syco wrote: »
    Found an easier way. Play as support, and blow up small enemy boats from a bigger boat :P
    I was wondering how I got all 3 vehicle destroys when I only C4'd 2 tanks... Do empty vehicles count?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I was wondering how I got all 3 vehicle destroys when I only C4'd 2 tanks... Do empty vehicles count?

If they're recently vacated, they still count as enemy vehicles.

Just a small vid about the new assignments.

This is what Naval Strike should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I feel for the LvlCap and Matimi0 Aprils Fool re the G36c.

I actually equiped it and did really well but was thinking jeez it aint that powerful, what are they on about LOL.

Advertisement