Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition is available for .72 cent!!!! :P LOL

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Deluxe-Edition-Instant-Access/dp/B00H2VOELQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Given the hints about the final DLC apparently being future based, maybe it'd be a good time to release 2142 as part of the free Origin games promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Akrasia wrote: »
    That's an excellent price but it says that downloads are only available to U.S. customers

you just setup a delivery address in your amazon address book, for some random Wendys in USA - and use that address for delivery, but it doesn't matter as you get a digital download. I've done it loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ondafly wrote: »
    you just setup a delivery address in your amazon address book, for some random Wendys in USA - and use that address for delivery, but it doesn't matter as you get a digital download. I've done it loads of times.

Cool :)
    I'm definitely getting this so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

might also have something to do with Gamespy shutting down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Anyone tried the Triple Shotty Extreme yet?!

Seen a lot of people using it last night. Assault with DAO-12, Shorty 12G, M26 MASS. And if you want to get really into it, get the USAS12 battle pick-up. That's four shotguns your soldier is carrying.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition is available for .72 cent!!!! :P LOL

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Deluxe-Edition-Instant-Access/dp/B00H2VOELQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I found that a lot of people despised 2142 back in the day. It certainly was different, but didn't mind it all that much myself. It was pretty fun.

Still prefer the modern games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gamespy gets turned off soon so wont be able to browse games unless EA add in an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played the single player campaign today. Was bored and figured I'd give it a go. I'm on the last mission already after about 4 hours, so it is particularly short, but I expected it to be awful given the response to it.

It's not one for the books or anything but it's entertaining and pretty similar to Call of Duty, really - I thought it was definitely a lot better than COD: Ghosts weak story! Overall worth playing if you like FPS games. Can't say I understand the hate for it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played the single player campaign today. Was bored and figured I'd give it a go. I'm on the last mission already after about 4 hours, so it is particularly short, but I expected it to be awful given the response to it.

It's not one for the books or anything but it's entertaining and pretty similar to Call of Duty, really - I thought it was definitely a lot better than COD: Ghosts weak story! Overall worth playing if you like FPS games. Can't say I understand the hate for it really.

Single player is enjoyable. The problem a lot of people have is that their saved games were being deleted somehow. This was causing most of the rage. I enjoyed it and never had problems with saves. But yes, it is fairly short.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Noxin wrote: »
    I enjoyed it and never had problems with saves. But yes, it is fairly short.

I'm same I enjoyed it BUT LUCKILY for me I managed to complete all dog tag, weapon, achievements over a few days before I turned it on one day to find my save games disappeared.

Thats still actually happening btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

miju wrote: »
    I'm same I enjoyed it BUT LUCKILY for me I managed to complete all dog tag, weapon, achievements over a few days before I turned it on one day to find my save games disappeared.

Thats still actually happening btw

I wasn't quite so lucky. I had went through the campaign on hard up until the last mission. Gathering all collectibles on the way, then when I went to continue, save corrupted. YOU MOTHER****ER!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I wasn't quite so lucky. I had went through the campaign on hard up until the last mission. Gathering all collectibles on the way, then when I went to continue, save corrupted. YOU MOTHER****ER!

i played the first mission, thought the scripted bits were cool, got 5 mins into the second one when my save dissappeared. never been back since. maybe I'll give it a go if my internet dies sometime.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    then when I went to continue, save corrupted. YOU MOTHER****ER!

i never got a save corrupted. I simply turned it on one day and it just said start new campaign like wtf.

personally cant believe that even this cardinal rule of game development hasn't been fixed yet

I played it just yesterday and today so not much room there for error, but honestly if you're at a loose end for a day or two and have 4 or 5 hours to spare, you'll get through the whole thing without having to worry about stuff like that. But would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes heavily scripted and cinematic first person shooters. Must go and play Warfighter now, never played that single player either, MOH had a decent SP campaign as well.

Must go and play Warfighter now, never played that single player either, MOH had a decent SP campaign as well.

...just terrible. Installed and uninstalled within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If thats the latest one the MP isnt bad, not brilliant but worth a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Agree. Horrifically bad game.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If thats the latest one the MP isnt bad, not brilliant but worth a few games.

I had played the MP and liked it in both MOH games, stands out on its own really which is great, but I've just been in a single player mood lately. I enjoyed the first MOH campaign, but this one was bad - just feels off, totally, and I encountered quite a lot of bugs as well. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Ok you lot convinced me to go back and restart BF4 SP after I had my saves wiped too. Was enjoying it, but I might just do it on easy this time to get through it quicker. There is no penalty for doing it on easy is there?
    Also, whats the story with collectables etc? How dya get them?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Ever play Battlefield with a couple of drinks on you?

Wa53gf9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How did you enjoy bf4 and not like mohw ? Mohw has the best single player campaign of any of the recent modern military shooters and it is a direct sequel to the first one too, it was one story split into two games. First 2 missions are only ok but the last 50% of the game is brilliant.

Is anyone else crashing every time on altai range? Every single time lately. Other maps are fine but the last few times I've played this one, my screen goes black. Sound blares out a loud buzz sound like it just shat itself and the PC goes blank. Need to restart to bring back online. Very annoying.
    Same map was fine before last patch :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Noxin wrote: »
    Is anyone else crashing every time on altai range? Every single time lately. Other maps are fine but the last few times I've played this one, my screen goes black. Sound blares out a loud buzz sound like it just shat itself and the PC goes blank. Need to restart to bring back online. Very annoying.
    Same map was fine before last patch :(

Tried an Origin repair run on the client?

Spear wrote: »
    Tried an Origin repair run on the client?

No, I guess I'll give it a shot later.

double post..

still the same. Very annoying :( Reinstalling now to see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

More bugs surface

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

FFS, will it ever end?

BordorFox wrote: »
    More bugs surface

And this is why I no longer am found on BF, it's actually funny now I seen that it makes perfect sense why in BF3 I could take down a group of 3 - 4 players in a room and it's impossible in BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Red wrote: »
    Ok you lot convinced me to go back and restart BF4 SP after I had my saves wiped too. Was enjoying it, but I might just do it on easy this time to get through it quicker. There is no penalty for doing it on easy is there?
    Also, whats the story with collectables etc? How dya get them?

:D

Collectibles, do you mean the weapons you pick up? Most of them you have to search for but are generally in plain view. Two or three of them are hard to find but there's plenty of you tube videos.
    You also unlock three weapons for multiplayer by doing the three endings.
    P90 - very good pdw
    M249 - pretty good LMG
    QBS?? - averagish AR
    Played it again today still won't unlock the trophies for getting all assignments and collectibles or the three endings even though I've done it all

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I unlocked the AWS.... man that thing is Easy Mode lol...

Not impressed with the new maps. Waaaay too sniper friendly. All very "samey" too. I do like the hovercrafts though, lots of fun on those. Until you are sniped.

Ps: if you need to get the AWS quickly, play on Zavod and jump into the personnel carrier in your base. Jump out and C4 the bonnet. Then drive around until you see a tank or AA or whatever. Drive right up, jump out. Kaa-boom.

Advertisement