Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Forget the sniper - the AC130 is ridiculous on those maps. 4 seconds to respawn it, and you can't get behind it in a jet to shoot it down (because the damage height bug happens below the AC130's cruising altitude on the NS maps) and some maps have no MAA, so you're looking at vertical attacks in a jet or SRAWing the thing for a few minutes, then it goes down and 4 seconds later its back, happily pounding on every single thing on the map from infantry to vehicles to aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Played Guilin Peak last night with AWS and went on 28:4 rampage :) this is beast

Oh yeah, that damage height bug? If you're in a jet and above a certain height, you don't take damage. So if you get in a dogfight and you're losing, forget about diving and turning and all that real-world ****e, just climb vertically and become invincible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sparks wrote: »
    Forget the sniper - the AC130 is ridiculous on those maps. 4 seconds to respawn it, and you can't get behind it in a jet to shoot it down (because the damage height bug happens below the AC130's cruising altitude on the NS maps) and some maps have no MAA, so you're looking at vertical attacks in a jet or SRAWing the thing for a few minutes, then it goes down and 4 seconds later its back, happily pounding on every single thing on the map from infantry to vehicles to aircraft.

Good knowledge.

Re Naval Strike, I really like these maps, something different but not too different. Like China Rising, overall I think it is okay but once in a while if you play it, like last night, it was very good... again different.

I think the DLC so far has been very good, better than BF3 for sure. Only problem is that it takes a few weeks before they work smooth on PS4 - too much lag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Played Guilin Peak last night with AWS and went on 28:4 rampage :) this is beast
    Stubby grip and muzzle break on it = death ray

Hold down the trigger and watch the bodies pile up, especially down the locker corridor in Metro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Sparks wrote: »

I took down the AC130 with the SRAW last night .... I'm not telling you ..... I'm telling EVERYBODY !!

Seeing you talk about it above lessens the achievement but none of us had tried it before so I was a whooping and a hollering for a few minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

4Dlolz wrote: »

Niiice.. I love me mods. Do they affect your multiplayer though?

Also has 1942 not been free for ages on Origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pretty sure the version on Origin doesnt support mods.

Or the mods are not made to support that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm about 20 M1911 kills away from platinum and I never platinum games. Really have enjoyed this. Admittedly it is one of the best and most frustrating games I've ever played but overall I think it's fantastic (mostly )

Anyone got any tips for pistols?
    P226/M1911 really like especially with supressor
    Shorty/Glocks meh

Haven't tried the others

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

4Dlolz wrote: »

Sweet, thanks! I still have my hardcopy of the game but its nice having it on Origin now too.

I reckon BF1942 was one of the first online games that I actually got into and played regularly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

1942 uses Gamespy last I recall, so it'll only last until the end of May.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm about 20 M1911 kills away from platinum and I never platinum games. Really have enjoyed this. Admittedly it is one of the best and most frustrating games I've ever played but overall I think it's fantastic (mostly )

Anyone got any tips for pistols?
    P226/M1911 really like especially with supressor
    Shorty/Glocks meh

Haven't tried the others

My fave is the compact 45. Couldn't say why. I just got it and I liked it even with no attachments... Can I ask what do u mean by platinuming a game? I'm a bit clueless to a lot of terms. :)

All PS games now have trophies. Gold, Silver and Bronze. If you get them all you get a platinum trophy. I have a lot of games but only one platinum. Kinda giddy that BF4 is going to be my 2nd.
    I'm quite surprised how good the pistols are. Will equip the Compact once I finish off the M1911 kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Just playing tdm . For some reason we had 3 v 9 but held our own . Got my happy knife kills in on a level 115 guy three seperate times as he t- bagged my dead squad mates . So so happy now :-)

Somethings continue to confuse me:

1. How do you aim at choppers with the SRAW?
    2. Why do I get hit markers with 100 damage snipers. Killed a guy from miles away from the top of the Caspian Tower yesterday so it can't be distance?
    3. How do vehicles kill me so quick when if I'm in one it goes x x x x x ?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    1. How do you aim at choppers with the SRAW?
    Get a cat. Get a laser pointer. Release cat, turn on laser pointer. Cat runs at red dot. Move laser pointer, cat chases red dot. Now move the laser pointer so the cat, while running at the red dot, runs head-first into the nearest vase.

That's how you aim at choppers with the SRAW. But you will need to practice...
    2. Why do I get hit markers with 100 damage snipers. Killed a guy from miles away from the top of the Caspian Tower yesterday so it can't be distance?
    100_59_12.5_150.png

That's the damage drop-off for the SRR61 rifle but every BF4 weapon has something similar. At any range past 12m, the damage falls off until it hits a minimum of 59 damage. Now, if you hit them in the head, you get a headshot multiplier and do double damage - so you'll still do 118 damage and that's a one-shot kill; but hit them anywhere else and you'll only do 59 damage max (less if you hit the legs, where you only do 85% damage or so) and so if they're at full health, you get a hit marker and they run away (if they're smart).
    3. How do vehicles kill me so quick when if I'm in one it goes x x x x x ?
    Because vehicles aren't invincible and armour-piercing and high explosive shells do what they say on the tin...

Dat sraw description... holy **** :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just got a full refund on Battlefield Premium from Microsoft as well as about 4 or 5 others from my clan. Still have access to premium also (dont know for how long though)

Happy days :P:P:P:P:P

Wait what? Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

The Red wrote: »
    Wait what? Why?

Because he was so bad at Bf4, they felt sorry for him lol

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Probably because of this Reason:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Probably because of this Reason:mad:

What does that have to do with Microsoft ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jonski wrote: »
    What does that have to do with Microsoft ?
    Nothing, it's ea server's.
    However ms are selling the premium pack, and it's not living up to standards. They Should have used ms server's.

Anyway ms said a good while ago people can get refunds on
    It cos it's so broken. And it still
    Is broken.
    Still/worse Rubber banding like crazy on navel strike.! And it's the 3rd Dlc released!!

BordorFox wrote: »
    Because he was so bad at Bf4, they felt sorry for him lol

In fact she said and I quote "Your the worst World Top 40 ranked player we've ever seen" :rolleyes::P:P:P:P So bad in fact that after nearly 2 months of not playing the game I'm still ranked in the top 10 players in the country and top 20 in the World on some vehicles.

Don't hate the player, hate the game :):):):):)

Anyone on XB1 should request a premium refund. The premium stays on your EA account so it seems and you get €50 in Xbox Store credit to spend on whatever you wish :)

Out of 5 of us who did this yesterday 4 had zero hassle and MS were quick and great in processing / authorising a refund. The 5th had a bit of a hassle but only had to argue for an extra paragraph or two :)

More than takes the sting out of suffering BF4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Just after emailing Sony myself with the same issue. Wonder will they reimburse my PSN account? :rolleyes: Doubt it!!!

I'll let you know.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Just after emailing Sony myself with the same issue. Wonder will they reimburse my PSN account? :rolleyes: Doubt it!!!

I'll let you know.

Worth a shot. I dont know about PSN but MS announced they'll issue refunds for BF premium and digital copies a while ago.

Just bought Naval Strike at the weekend.

I got China Rising fairly late in the day through adverts, an unused code.

I picked up BF4 when the XboxOne launched so I'd say most of the issues people were having with the original maps was sorted by then.

My god, can I see peoples issues now that I've NS.

I have to quit 90% of the games I join, it's beyond playable.

I haven't played the maps enough to realise is it certain maps that have a tendency or just random but the map with the sort of straw top/beach side bars setting always seems to be a lag fest.

The few games of Carrier Assault I've had have generally gone to crap once the carriers can be attacked.

Very disappointing by EA, and I'll be more weary buying any more map packs after this.
    Didn't see a specific thread about it on here and missed it when it was mentioned in this thread(I'm sure it was) as I'm not a regular around here.

I guess the difference between this and FIFA, which was another failure, is that this game is actually good but just suffering performance wise.
    Still not a great start for EA on next gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I really pity those that are having such issues with the game - thankfully I haven't really had any major issues at all since it was released. I'm slightly worried though, because I'm almost certain that some future patch will fix it for everyone else and break it for me...

Advertisement