Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Played a few rounds there today and it was perfect.Went 34-0 in the little bird on Flood Zone, first in it in weeks

The maps that are always bad are Hainan Resort and Lancam Dam.The last time i was on the new maps they were fine for a an hour or two and then it just went tits up constant rubberbanding like it was in the video i posted earlier.In fact i think that was the last time i played them and that was two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a few rounds there today and it was perfect.Went 34-0 in the little bird on Flood Zone, first in it in weeks

The maps that are always bad are Hainan Resort and Lancam Dam.The last time i was on the new maps they were fine for a an hour or two and then it just went tits up constant rubberbanding like it was in the video i posted earlier.In fact i think that was the last time i played them and that was two weeks ago.

I hopped on for an hour last week, and found that If I picked servers with 30 people or less, it was generally pretty good. Its a shame really, If the game worked properly I could see myself getting hundreds of hours out of it. at the minute I think I've 60ish done, but no ones playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

That's because you played with me lad. I know how to pick the best servers from my knife boosting days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

miju wrote: »
    In fact she said and I quote "Your the worst World Top 40 ranked player we've ever seen" :rolleyes::P:P:P:P So bad in fact that after nearly 2 months of not playing the game I'm still ranked in the top 10 players in the country and top 20 in the World on some vehicles.

Don't hate the player, hate the game :):):):):)

Anyone on XB1 should request a premium refund. The premium stays on your EA account so it seems and you get €50 in Xbox Store credit to spend on whatever you wish :)

Out of 5 of us who did this yesterday 4 had zero hassle and MS were quick and great in processing / authorising a refund. The 5th had a bit of a hassle but only had to argue for an extra paragraph or two :)

More than takes the sting out of suffering BF4

did you order your ps4 yet? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

hallo dare wrote: »
    Just after emailing Sony myself with the same issue. Wonder will they reimburse my PSN account? :rolleyes: Doubt it!!!

I'll let you know.

Got a reply from sony today.

Was told for to "contact EA".

no more, no less. nice way to deal with your customers. :mad:

But then again i didn't really expect to hear anything else worth while from that shower. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got a reply from sony today.

Was told for to "contact EA".

But then again i didn't really expect to hear anything else worth while from that shower. :rolleyes:

I see tonnes of posts about this on the Battlefield forums but cant access them at work. Doubt PS4 users will get anything back if they bought premium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Thats some grade A customer service right there :P:P:P Unlucky, man

If it makes you feel any better I dont think Steam are refunding PC users, it only seems to be a Microsoft thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I thought they were going the Microsoft route because they bought BF4 through Microsoft and not direct from EA. I guess if you bought BF4 through Sony then you could ask Sony for a refund.

PC purchases work through Origin not Steam

PC purchases work through Origin not Steam

my bad day z and arma was last time i bought PC game

your right. Because we bought premium through MS store we can get refunds from MS. In the case of the game digitally through MS your also eligible.for a refund for that too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What if you buy the premium from the PS Store, could you ask for a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

That's because you played with me lad.

Keep the bedroom talk out of here :pac:

jonny24ie wrote: »

I would assume so but given I'm not a PS user I'm only assuming. Going by the reply above it's looks like Sony have said no refunds though

jonny24ie wrote: »

I've asked Sony, was basically told to fcuk off peasant!!!

Just got a reply from EA. They said "Origin provide refunds where as Playstation store does not" .

Unreal, throw the ball back to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Probably because of this Reason:mad:

I've been offline since the weekend but got back on yesterday. I seem to have alot more of this now too. Maybe not as bad as this vid but it's a lot worse than it was.
    Was something changed? A patch rolled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Last night , I wanted to check something in BF3. So I jumped onto a TDM server and set up my keys, settings etc. ( I am only rank 22 so I havent played it too much). I then joined a server running Nosehair and then went to Bazar...

Jesus H. Christ on a bike... I had the most fun I have EVER had in Battlefield. It was so responsive, smooth, exciting, well paced and satisfying. (and I didnt do too badly either)

I am REALLY torn now.. on one hand I want to stick with BF4 and rank up, get good and play the most up to date version of the series.
    on the other hand, damn is it good craic playing BF3. Especially the fact that I havent played it into the ground like a lot of people yet.

GAHHHH... :(

What would jeebus do?

Finish off his Easter Eggs while he waits for EA/Dice to fix the bloody game.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Is that code for yeah go play BF3 till they get their **** together? OK!!!! :D

The Red wrote: »

What would jeebus do?

like turning the water into wine, wave his hands and turn it from crock of **** into a fully working game :)

like turning the water into wine, wave his hands and turn it from crock of **** into a fully working game :)

I don't even think he could perform a miracle like that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

*Tries not to tempt fate*

Its 95% working on PS4 Damo....

Until the next patch anyway... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fieldog wrote: »
    *Tries not to tempt fate*

Its 95% working on PS4 Damo....

Until the next patch anyway... :D

It's pretty bad for me on Carrier Assault which is a shame as it's probably my new favourite game mode.
    Some games are unplayable but even at it's best I'll still encounter some intermittent bad lag.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's pretty bad for me on Carrier Assault which is a shame as it's probably my new favourite game mode.
    Some games are unplayable but even at it's best I'll still encounter some intermittent bad lag.

I played about 5 games of CA on different servers last night and it was great, had one or two with Paul booth earlier and it seemed fine also....

What NAT you get in your PS4 connection test?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I played about 5 games of CA on different servers last night and it was great, had one or two with Paul booth earlier and it seemed fine also....

What NAT you get in your PS4 connection test?

My Nat is 2 / Open. Only seem to have issues on Naval Strike and a handful of the original maps and then only on Conquest/CA.

It's relatively rare to be completly unplayable and this seems to only happen on CA. Maybe one in 10 games in which case I just back out.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My Nat is 2 / Open. Only seem to have issues on Naval Strike and a handful of the original maps and then only on Conquest/CA.

It's relatively rare to be completly unplayable and this seems to only happen on CA. Maybe one in 10 games in which case I just back out.

Weird,

Same as me, I'm hardwired though, I dunno if that makes a difference?

Speed test just taken over WiFi on my phone :

Yeah my internet doesn't seem to be the issue. NS maps cause no problems on Dom/TDM it's just when there's a lot going on.
    It's not just me cos my brother and a Dutch guy we play with all seem to have the same issues at the same time.
    TBH I consider myself one of the fortunate ones 'cos really haven't had any issues that I consider game breaking (frustrating as fcuking hell at times :) ) but not game breaking & really do enjoy the game.

For me it seems to happen when the player count goes over 50 odd. Any amount of players less than that then there's no issue. Any map that i don't play Conquest Large on plays grand.

I wish the PS4 had rent a server so i could make my own rules and limit the amount of players per map, that would be a good test.

For me it seems to happen when the player count goes over 50 odd. Any amount of players less than that then there's no issue. Any map that i don't play Conquest Large on plays grand.

I wish the PS4 had rent a server so i could make my own rules and limit the amount of players per map, that would be a good test.

Are you getting it still since the server "upgrade"?

I've finally been playing 64 player CQ with no issues...

I noticed the frame rate dropped for the last 30 seconds or so of some games, I can live with that as it didn't happen every match....

Played it last night and the same crap. I think it's beyond fixing at this point!

Played it last night and the same crap. I think it's beyond fixing at this point!

Its mad, they seem to fix it for some and completely destroy it for others!

You could try using Chrome browser on your laptop, install the battlelog plugin and click the ping icon on the server browser page and join a match with best ping and see does that make any difference?

I know its jumping through hoops but it may help.... just a suggestion if you ain't tried it! :)

• Advertisement

I'm a Playstation baby!!!

Advertisement