Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I really don't like this beta at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

mozattack wrote: »
    Not bringing up the console v PC war cos I actually don't give a crap but this surprised me... expected a massive difference but I'd rank the difference here as minor.

Was looking forward to next-gen so this disappoints me a little apart from the move to 64 players of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCeldh15iY

AAAAhhhhhhhhh it burns my eyes :P I didnt know they were releasing BF4 on the snes :pac:

I kid :) In all fairness though peoples expectations of this beta are far too high so much moaning and complaining its a BETA ffs, its months old and poorly optimized if your still not sure about buying the final game wait for reviews and other peoples opinions then make a decision don't just make a decision based on this BETA alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Not bringing up the console v PC war cos I actually don't give a crap but this surprised me... expected a massive difference but I'd rank the difference here as minor.

Was looking forward to next-gen so this disappoints me a little apart from the move to 64 players of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCeldh15iY

Textures in the Beta are not the finished deal dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hows connection these days? I havent gone near it since it kept crashing on me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Running great for me since the patch. Couple crashes earlier but a load of hours went by without one :)

Had one of the best rounds earlier tonight. Amazing comeback round with some outrageous stuff happening. Deffo going to make a video of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Found an Irish server last night , only spotted it because my ping was 11 :eek:. Good few people on it .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ok ive played enough to say i will definitely be buying the full game, most likely premium and DLC.
    Yes the beta is poorly optimized,yes its buggy,yes its a 3-4 month old build but you know what - im having a lot of fun even with the same map over and over.
    Played some BF3 lastnight with some friends, enjoyed it since i hadnt played BF3 in months.
    Instantly it felt so polished compared to the BF4 beta, but after one map i was back to BF4.
    I think they have nailed the gameplay this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

jonski wrote: »
    Found an Irish server last night , only spotted it because my ping was 11 :eek:. Good few people on it .

Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/73cf5ec6-c42e-4342-bf98-a6767262d013/EA-DICE-Test-Server-267223/

Was on it myself last night. See you guys on there tonight.

Myself & the Gaellords guys are on it most of the time too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Is the boards TS server still going? I will be on tonight for a few games best play in a squad me thinks.

battser on origin add me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

battser wrote: »
    Is the boards TS server still going? I will be on tonight for a few games best play in a squad me thinks.

battser on origin add me

Ahh boards TS, I spend more time laughing on there then trying to kill people in game. Never have a good round when on there its toooo funny and cant play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Do a search in the MultiplayerServer Browser menu for "test server" and it shows whatever EA Dice test servers are running at the moment. They all seem to be based in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I wonder will it mean Irish servers for the full game. I'm sold on the full game and premium too, as for me its an improvement on most of bf3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I wonder will it mean Irish servers for the full game. I'm sold on the full game and premium too, as for me its an improvement on most of bf3.

on pc probably not unless ea decide to host servers (which is doubtful) probably on xbox/ps3 though as dice ea servers are needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dcully wrote: »
    There is a massive difference, i have both and the difference is night and day, No youtube video can get anywhere near the fidelity of sitting infront of a PC
    Its actually shocking the difference between the two.

Okay fair enough, look this is good 'cos I am hoping the move to Ps4 for me will be worth it vis a vis BF4 so if there is a big jump to PC well I am happy to go in the middle of that with the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

The game has certainly grown on me. I played BF3 the other night expecting the controls to be way different but they actually weren't, maybe I just got used to BF4 controls since, I don't know.

Why the flip they didn't include Rush on the beta is beyond me though, if I played this on console for the first time I'd leave it at that... not enough players for that map :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The PS4 should be able for 64 players @ 720 and 60 fps.

Il be on that Irish server at some point tonight me thinks , hope to see some boardsies there.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahh boards TS, I spend more time laughing on there then trying to kill people in game. Never have a good round when on there its toooo funny and cant play :pac:

Give me a shout later if you and gunner are on later mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Why the flip they didn't include Rush on the beta is beyond me though, if I played this on console for the first time I'd leave it at that... not enough players for that map :(

Agreed, however I see that Obliteration is listed in the server filter, wonder if they'll make that mode available before the beta finishes ?

• Advertisement

Always feel free to drop by the Gaellords Teamspeak. Loads of us on most nights in squad playing BF4 & having the craic!

TS: Gaellords.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Il be on that Irish server at some point tonight me thinks , hope to see some boardsies there.

Wasnt it between 720p and 1080p? Some say 900p if I am not mistaken.

battser wrote: »
    Give me a shout later if you and gunner are on later mate.

Will do battser, Dublin Gunner fell off the face of the earth years ago. Never plays anything now only World Of Tanks :rolleyes:

The PS3 never did scale that well in the 1st place so hopefully the PS4 will be able to at least match the old Xbox and the Xbox one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Xbox 360 looks more like N64 graphics.

Zifw5C6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm playing on Xbox. And find it fairly poor. Graphics wise anyway. The gameplay seems decent but nothing majorly good. I'm playing without a squad and find it's fairly big. I think on average I die maybe 4-6 times in a round and usually finish over evens. Just by avoiding contact so much. Would love to invest in a PC and buy BF:4 for that though. Always preferred battlefields on PC compared to Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cherry is that for real or you taking a piss?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Cherry is that for real or you taking a piss?! :confused:

Saw it posted on reddit earlier: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1nysdg/at_least_pc_doesnt_have_360_beta_graphics/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Ya its a relatively empty game on a map that size. Plus conquest isnt really my thing I love rush at least everybody is concentrated on one or 2 objectives. Though domination isnt half bad.

• Advertisement

Xbox 360 looks more like N64 graphics.

http://i.imgur.com/Zifw5C6.jpg
    LMAO that is funny even if fake!

Advertisement