Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hallo dare wrote: »
    I'm a Playstation baby!!!

Same here man, but you can join matches on PS4 by ping when your in Battlelog on Chrome browser....

You can then see a realistic ping before you join server....

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Carrier Assault is great now there's no rubber banding!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Seems to be a double XP promotion ongoing all weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Seems to be a double XP promotion ongoing all weekend?

Yup double XP for premium.

Playing NS strike on the PS4 this morning has been near faultless,only bug ive encountered is the revivable player hit box thing,or invisi shield:) Hopefully thats just a matter of a patch though so high hopes for the new servers atm on PS4 anyway

The core gameplay as in hit detection,movement,vehicle movement etc all felt very good. I can forgive the odd bug as long as the core gameplay is intact and these new servers have been the best indication of a step forward ive seen in long time.

Hopefully its not just false hope,i reckon if they work ok on a double points weekend they should be fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Spent yesterday afternoon mucking around with the MAV on Carrier Assault. The amount of assists you get is crazy. There's nothing like blowing up enemy slams just as they're driving a hovercraft over them. Also followed guys round hovering just over their heads for ages, just didn't get old :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

What is this?! Something is coming.....DLC or massive patch from DICE L.A.....

10259849_622021067883268_146754686082754712_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Might be a new game mode with a mobile spawn/tank like the Goliath in 2142 Northern Strike:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_2142#Assault_Lines

Was using the Javelin for the first time the other day. It's really good for taking out boats. I thought I took out a helicopter with it but it doesn't seem to lock onto choppers - is this right? Could I have locked onto something else and the helicopter just flew into the missile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

someone might have laser designated the chopper using one of the items listed here:

battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_Designation

(see BF4 section)

actually now you say it I think there was a large orange box around the heli. :D Didn't realise the Javelin could lock on like that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

4Dlolz wrote: »
    What is this?! Something is coming.....DLC or massive patch from DICE L.A.....

10259849_622021067883268_146754686082754712_n.jpg

Where did you see that posted? Looks interesting.

Where did you see that posted? Looks interesting.

On reddit the last week or 2....

Rent a server just came to console, could it be to do with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fieldog wrote: »

Wihoo, rent a server is finally here on ps4! Waiting for this from day 1!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »

Big notification on BF saying they have now gotten high performance servers etc. I would imagine thats the announcement and I played for ages last night and no real issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Played a few games last night and although I had it ok for the most part, I think there were some issues for some of the lads.

Although the first server I was on was very laggy. I noticed it mostly when driving a buggy on Golmud. It was twitching a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Terrible lag for me last night in a few games.
    I really pity those that are having such issues with the game - thankfully I haven't really had any major issues at all since it was released. I'm slightly worried though, because I'm almost certain that some future patch will fix it for everyone else and break it for me...

I think it's happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Jesus don't know what is going on the last day or two but it feels like I've replaced my current gfx card with something 4 years old.
    It lasts a while as normal but then just craps out. Stutters like crazy. Starts lagging like crazy. Care hardly move at all. I've changed nothing on my end. Think I I'll take a break away from this for the rest of the week. I might go insane otherwise :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So how is the game now lads?
    I havent played in about 4 months,havent even downloaded the latest DLC as ive had no interest at all.
    Im not even sure im interested now but just wondering if things have improved particularly hitreg,netcode whatever you like top call it.

On the PS4 it has vastly improved over the last few days since the servers were upgraded. Few minor little things that need sorting, but it's nice to be finally able to play it without bouncing back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Dcully wrote: »
    So how is the game now lads?
    I havent played in about 4 months,havent even downloaded the latest DLC as ive had no interest at all.
    Im not even sure im interested now but just wondering if things have improved particularly hitreg,netcode whatever you like top call it.
    Woeful the last while. I hadn't played all last week, turned it on Friday night and managed two hours before turning it off again before I broke something out of frustration.

Rubber banding, major lag and bullet sponges galore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

It's a shame that people are still experiencing problems because we know when this thing actually works in all it's glory, Battlefield is a thing of beauty...

On PS4 things have improved dramatically, I literally have only started playing "for realz" since yesterdays server patch, that death shield bug really caused me a lot of pain unknown to myself at the time, as I use a lot of explosives... :-)

The rubber banding I haven't seen since the weekend, and at that I just changed servers and it was fine...

Can't speak for other platforms though...

Played a lot of Carrier Assault this weekend and that was the mode that was primarily bugged for me - had few issues otherwise. Worked fine all weekend some minor issues was all.
    PS4 seems to have been largely fixed since late last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Has anyone here got the perfect landing assignment , been trying to do it all day , its bloody impossible .

djskip316i wrote: »
    Has anyone here got the perfect landing assignment , been trying to do it all day , its bloody impossible .

Same as that, don't know how many times i broke my ass getting the 10 kills only for it not to register. Hateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭Evade

djskip316i wrote: »
    Same as that, don't know how many times i broke my ass getting the 10 kills only for it not to register. Hateful!
    You have to get the kills and land on the tower in the same round. I'd say most of the people that have it boosted it.

I managed to flukishly land on the tower after bailing out of a burning chopper and proceed to get the ten kills, kills came up but the tower landing never counted for whatever reason (parachute was out).. Haven't bothered trying since

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I managed to flukishly land on the tower after bailing out of a burning chopper and proceed to get the ten kills, kills came up but the tower landing never counted for whatever reason (parachute was out).. Haven't bothered trying since

Do you parachute or just land on it with the chopper?

Do you parachute or just land on it with the chopper?
    Parachuted, hence saying I bailed out of a burning chopper.

Other attack chopper was about to blow mine up so I hopped out and just so happened to land on the firestorm tower as I was flying past it. Parachuted for about a second before landing right on the top, on the metal cage over the burnoff/sniper area just below.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Parachuted, hence saying I bailed out of a burning chopper.

Other attack chopper was about to blow mine up so I hopped out and just so happened to land on the firestorm tower as I was flying past it. Parachuted for about a second before landing right on the top, on the metal cage over the burnoff/sniper area just below.

Reason I ask is, i was a passenger in a chopper, the pilot landed on the tower and took off again without me getting out and i got awarded for landing on the highest tower.

Advertisement