Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

hallo dare wrote: »
    Reason I ask is, i was a passenger in a chopper, the pilot landed on the tower and took off again without me getting out and i got awarded for landing on the highest tower.
    Interesting.. I always presumed your soldier had to land on it, not a vehicle they're in.. Might give it another go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Finally got it last night , you need to land in the burn off area of the tower , you can just drop off the cage part no need to parachute, redeployed into a tank got 7 kills in that , tank was low so ran into 1 of the buidings @B and and picked up 3 kills then died as the assignment popped up , thank god I will never have to endure that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Is it me or are far less people playing Battlefield lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

It's very much the case. Huge dip in players on the PS4 before rent a server came online, but it's slowly starting to creep back up. But nowhere next or near the number of players of BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Seems to be the case alright. On PC anyway.. Im just not enjoying it as much as BF3 at the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is it me or are far less people playing Battlefield lately?

Are you perceiving this from just general online play, or from the chatter arounds boards?

I went away from BF4 for a while playing other games but can back in the last few weeks and loving it. A lot of my friends have stopped playing because they are just at max ranks with all unlocks, dipping in and out.

I've been playing regularly on the Gaellords server lately, but find the server gets stacked teams way to frequently and the rotation of just naval strike getting a bit repetitive, even though the game mode is excellent.

Do notice that my friendslist isn't as full as normal, but with so many games out there on PC at the moment requiring an investment of time, I'm hardly suprised people arnt purely dedicated to Battlefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

funny thing is I'm lv100 in BF4 (163hrs) but only lv84 in BF3(481hrs)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Are you perceiving this from just general online play, or from the chatter arounds boards?

From seeing my friends list on Battlelog.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Do notice that my friendslist isn't as full as normal, but with so many games out there on PC at the moment requiring an investment of time, I'm hardly suprised people arnt purely dedicated to Battlefield.

What games are out?! BF4 and Arma 3 are the only two games I'm really playing, although I have started playing some of the Splinter Cells again. Bought Blacklist the other day so that'll give me a few days of entertainment.

The games I'm looking forward to this year are Watch Dogs, H1Z1 and The Division, and probably another Battlefield at the end of the year.

Rentaserver - Return of the badmins

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Rentaserver - Return of the badmins

Meh...doesn't apply to me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

its definitley quiet on xbox one, there are 4 servers running naval strike, and you'll always get a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Anyone else get into the BF4 CTE?

Anyone else get into the BF4 CTE?

Didn't even hear about it until now!

Nope just saw it now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

CTE = Community Test Environment
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/community-test-environment/

The initial spaces for it disappeared about 10 minutes after they announced it.

There's currently 36 people playing it world wide. :)

Did you get it DeWinter???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yeah thanks to dewinterzero's tip-off I just about got in. I told someone else about it and he couldnt get in about 10 seconds after. Seems to be Hainan Resort only at the moment and the first test build will be today/tonight. They mentioned that they will add more places in the future.

Also, you start back at zero and have to unlock all your weapons etc

Niiice.

Get that game sorted out for all of us will ye?

Thanks.

- Battlefield Community

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Question.

In terms of noob guns where does the X25 Airburst fall, out of ten, with ten being super-nooby such as the M320 LVG.

I'd rank it as a 7.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As long as people aren't spamming the crap out of it on Metro or Locker, I don't really care about it.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    In terms of noob guns where does the X25 Airburst fall, out of ten, with ten being super-nooby such as the M320 LVG.

If I get killed with it, it's a noob weapon. If not, I don't care.

Actually that would be a laugh, would love to know the ranks of a lot of guns on the Noobgunometer...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Red wrote: »
    Actually that would be a laugh, would love to know the ranks of a lot of guns on the Noobgunometer...

Think it depends how it's used. Have much respect for people running round with shotguns but if I walk into a room and someone's in a corner pointing one at the door, that's a different story.

Maybe just restricted to 'frequency of abuse' factor?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Re Airburst, I ask because it is up to 7th on my weapons list.. ARGH!

Got 18 out of 23 kills last night with it on Metro... couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mozattack wrote: »
    Question.

I'd rank it as a 7.

I'd say 5. Noobs are going to see it as a chance to launch a few propelled explosives at a certain spot and will run the ammo out in no time, normally not even getting a kill as a result. More experienced players will know that's it's best used to flush snipers and similar pussies out of camping spots.

Both types are ****ed tho if they try using it against vehicles. I can't think of any other weapon that gives such a feeling of hopelessness when a tank is rumbling towards you and you're shooting the explosive equivalent of a super soaker at it.

Airburst can be a bastard if someone is just random;y firing it through a door/tunnel to try stop you from getting through, B flag on Locker a prime example.

It's great for getting the lads who get onto the balcony's at B though, as well as clearing out the upstairs stairwell overlooking B as usually there's a few people aiming at the two tunnels from there.

I'd go with a 5 as well, it can be nooby depending on how it's being used.

I agree with the firing it at a tank comment, I do laugh when I see someone standing there firing at me with it, they may as well throw stones for all the damage it does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

BnJ22yfCcAAY0JR.jpg:large

Finally some decent information about Dragons Teeth leaked.

Pic released above shows dragons teeth (those cement fortification things on the ground) with a soldier to the bottom left holding the Ballistics Shield. Main soldier has a shotgun so some close quarter-esque parts I'd say. Perhaps akin to Aftermath DLC from BF3.
      There are two new gadgets that are remote controlled via PDA (like the MAV, EOD, and mortar). One is a said to be a minigun/turret on wheels and the other has 3 40mm grenade launchers. So in other words, EOD's with guns....sounds very COD-like....could it be something like this?

AGR_Menu_icon_BOII.png

The Shield is in the weapons file and not the gadgets so it will take the place of your primary weapon.

af5MAK1.png
    pWcvhJJ.jpg
    • ^^^Bulldog 762^^^---Full Auto Rifle at 700 rpm 34-25 damage with a 21 bullet mag.
    • Desert Eagle!!!!! Handgun.
    • Unica6 Handgun (yeah, too many handguns in this dlc)
    • SiG MPX (PDW)

MPX-P-Detail-L.jpg

• CS5 Sniper Rifle
      15g2x44.jpg

No details on the maps yet but earlier they were thought to be Propaganda, Market, Waterfront, Urban Garden.

**This information was posted on Symthic.com by someone that has allegedly dipped into files. Although most are pinpointing it as accurate - take it with a grain of salt at this point.**

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Just spotted this and think it's a great idea....

Lancang Dam needs shot in the arm.

U9Y0bwa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Lancam Dam is the worst map for rubberbanding and stutter.Simply unplayable.Its the seine crossing of BF4.Not to mention the AA being too OP.

Advertisement