Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What's that in the last screen?

What I'm wondering also!

Is it the nuke I wonder?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

What's that in the last screen?

Multiple Kill Vehicle (MKV):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_Kill_Vehicle

SkinnySentimentalKitty.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Right so this is Lumpini Garden in Bangkok, Thailand. I'm guessing something along the lines of the park area in Metro with a few enterable buildings.

26.jpg

This is Pearl Market in Beijing, China. Looks like CQ.

HongQiao_postcard.jpg

And this is the Juche Tower in Pyongyang, North Korea (the same tower behind the two soldiers in the above Dragons Teeth photo). Guess this will be the Propaganda map.

5145785181_97cedfac73_z.jpg

No idea what Sunken Dragon could be but a Google search of "floating restaurant" throws up all kinds of crap including this.....so....we'll see. :)

Jumbo-Floating-Restaurant-Hong-Kong.jpg

Hahaha jumbo, your very own map. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Why do we need multiple missile defence ? There must be nukes many we could see nuke artillery

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Why do we need multiple missile defence ?
    The M part of MKV diidn't mean that one thing shot many things, but that you could put many of the KVs onto the one rocket. Like MIRV warheads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Sparks wrote: »
    The M part of MKV diidn't mean that one thing shot many things, but that you could put many of the KVs onto the one rocket. Like MIRV warheads.

Agreed but it has to be defending against a nuke or warhead of some sort

Imagine using that yoke on the bastardisation snipers in the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or they're fecking with you and it's just a cutscene of a levolution event.
    Personally, I think the tickrate tweaking news from the CTE is probably something better to be looking forward to. Sounds like it's making a major impact on the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Someone said sorry to me tonight knowing he shot me and i got behind something and died.

pleasant chap, sometimes i want to say the same to others.

KM Troedsson ‏@L_Twin 7h
    See the CTE as our labs environment for BF. Glad to see this review of our netcode work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfhPHXvyyk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Wouldnt take anything that paid EA monkey says seriously.

Stopped listening to what he was saying when he said you dont get shot around corners and IF you do your only barely around the corner on the CTE :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

miju wrote: »
    Wouldnt take anything that paid EA monkey says seriously.

Stopped listening to what he was saying when he said you dont get shot around corners and IF you do your only barely around the corner on the CTE :confused:...
    I disagree, the lack of deaths when you get around a corner is one of the most noticeable things with the CTE. I've been playing CTE and normal over the past week and it feels great in the those situations where from experience you expect to drop dead after making it around a corner but instead you can safely hide. Last night the CTE wasn't running too well on one of the servers that I was on but it is a test environment.

The one catch with the high tick rate is that if you have a poor connection you might have to set the client-server tick rate to medium or low in your settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I disagree, the lack of deaths when you get around a corner is one of the most noticeable things with the CTE. I've been playing CTE and normal over the past week and it feels great in the those situations where from experience you expect to drop dead after making it around a corner but instead you can safely hide. Last night the CTE wasn't running too well on one of the servers that I was on but it is a test environment.

The one catch with the high tick rate is that if you have a poor connection you might have to set the client-server tick rate to medium or low in your settings.

For a game that was released last november, only sorting out the fact that you get shot around corners is a joke at this stage. I hope someone writes a book someday about what actually went down between the developer / publisher and who made the call to release the game in such a state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

For a game that was released last november, only sorting out the fact that you get shot around corners is a joke at this stage. I hope someone writes a book someday about what actually went down between the developer / publisher and who made the call to release the game in such a state.
    Or the sound bug that's been there since BF3..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

May I ask how you found that out? Very impressive!

BF3 has the same tick rate.

And a lot of the same bugs!

You get shot behind walls a lot on BF3 also, they never bothered fixing it, the fact that this CTE is going at the moment I hope it will come to consoles....

It may not come to the 360 or the PS3 due to what bandwidth MS/Sony require for their online games, I can see it coming to the new machine's (I hope!)

If it doesn't, I'm a gonna get a PC, lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You get shot a lot around walls in COD too, trust me, it's not a BF4 exclusive:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You get shot a lot around walls in COD too, trust me, it's not a BF4 exclusive:(

lets just all call it a ricochet and live with it. :)

Also, in BF4 many of the walls do not stop bullets by design. You can shoot people through walls so at least some of the time you think there is a glitch, you were just choosing the wrong cover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

June 3rd.

Considering we're only a little over 2 weeks away now, shouldn't we be getting a specific Dragons Teeth trailer? Or maybe pics of the overview of the maps like we did with NS?!

BXCapJU.jpg

mozattack wrote: »
    May I ask how you found that out? Very impressive!

Just type "flying minigun" into Google and all kinds of crap comes up. :)

June 3rd.

Considering we're only a little over 2 weeks away now, shouldn't we be getting a specific Dragons Teeth trailer? Or maybe pics of the overview of the maps like we did with NS?!

BXCapJU.jpg

Just type "flying minigun" into Google and all kinds of crap comes up. :)

Yesterdays video?

Battlefield 4 Premium Official Video 2014: http://youtu.be/sEe4nK3t4zA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maybe they expect another release day bug so its not coming out on june 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Maybe they expect another release day bug so its not coming out on june 3rd

Thats a good point,with the CTE going on maybe they wanna get that sorted first

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JackFrags's is doing a poll on Commander Mode - http://strawpoll.me/1716162

For me, if it were it's own seperate game type/mode, I wouldn't mind it being in the game. If I want to play Commander Mode CQ/Rush/Obliteration, etc, I'll pick it.
    But for the most part, I have no interest with it, despite putting some extensive time on it in recent weeks. So I voted for it being game breaking and unbalances the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I use supressors a lot so having a Commmander UAV up all the time annoys me. I voted that it gets boring fast. Play it sometimes if I'm too drunk to aim straight :)

Started playing Defuse this weekend. New favourite game mode. God I played S&D to death on COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Commander mode is pretty pointless on Hardcore mode

Another reason why I prefer hardcore mode to normal mode. (except when I want a quick arcadey type game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Having just one side with a commander seriously unbalances the game and the commander deployed AC130 is a ridiculously overpowered screen shaker.

Having just one side with a commander seriously unbalances the game and the commander deployed AC130 is a ridiculously overpowered screen shaker.
    I've had matches where me and a mate will take one out and in the time it takes to reload a rocket it's redeployed. Incredibly annoying, there should be a cooldown period between it blowing up and it being redeployable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've had matches where me and a mate will take one out and in the time it takes to reload a rocket it's redeployed. Incredibly annoying, there should be a cooldown period between it blowing up and it being redeployable.

Isn't that the job of your team to disable said flag that gives them the ac-130 in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BordorFox wrote: »
    Isn't that the job of your team to disable said flag that gives them the ac-130 in the first place?

Except when the AC130 keeps pelting said flag to stop the other team from capping it....

BordorFox wrote: »
    I would think so yes, except I've found it hard pressed to find the rest of my team at times outside the squad I'm playing in, they seem to be non existent at times. Team play in this game is very rare it seems.

Also what majesticdonkey said.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

HAve not played commander mode...once

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

TheDoc wrote: »
    HAve not played commander mode...once

I played a few times on the iPad. I'm in Div 1 worldwide for doing feck all.

Advertisement