Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Actually just played it last night for a while. When u consider it as just a 'lying in bed relaxing' kind of flash game, its pretty good. When that cruise middle hit and you see 'squad wipe' and vehicle 'destroyed' it makes you smile knowing the chaos going on in the actual game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How do you use cruise missiles - tips? I've fired enough of them but my hit rate is really low. It is very cool when it hits something though.

Now I know how they work I'm utterly bemused how I was hit by one while aimlessly wandering around, as a soldier in the middle of no-where, in one of the China Rising maps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

4Dlolz wrote: »

They can take their new game, shine it up real good, turn it sideways, and shove it right up their ar$es. :mad:

If people support this, they're effectively endorsing the publisher to proceed with releasing sub par products and to try and patch out issues over time.

Ill be getting it.

I liked BF4 even if it is frustrating as **** and Im trying to stay faithful to the idea that they will learn from it and be smarter in the future with releasing unfinished games.

I enjoy the games too much to just flat out stop buying them. Ill be getting this AND battlefront.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

They can take their new game, shine it up real good, turn it sideways, and shove it right up their ar$es. :mad:

If people support this, they're effectively endorsing the publisher to proceed with releasing sub par products and to try and patch out issues over time.

EA is the publisher and owner of both visceral and DICE studios, I don't think EA would want another BF4 disaster, however Visceral did work on Battlefield 4 with Dice so perhaps they've learned by their mistakes already, however i wouldn't look into getting this game until I'm sure i like it and that it actually works properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

love BF4, will get the next one. I'm sorry not everyone can enjoy bf4, really am, thing is there is no other game for ma I play at the moment, everything else is just 20mins and then big "MEH"

^ this. Exactly this. Escept BF3 and BFBC2.. I still like to run them every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

BFBC2 was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I actually had alot more fun in BC2 and BF3 on the 360 then i've had playing BF4 on next gen.

Great memories of playing squad death match on Harvest day lurking around the hills in a ghillie suit.

• Advertisement

I have to confess I wasnt into the battlefield series before the end of BF3 and start of BF4 so BFBC2 is totally new to me. Its a bit clunkier to play and a LOT harder for me but amazing craic.

I also noticed I seem to be much better at BF3 than 4 ... (still ****e at both though)

Is it because of the huge open maps I wonder?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The maps in 4 are mostly ****e. They have little focus so you always die cheaply because people are randomly popping out from all directions.
    There is rarely any coherence to games.

On the other hand BC2 had some great maps where pitched battles could ebb and flow over well designed choke points.

So instead of PTFO in 4 I die all the time and everyone else camps.

5uspect wrote: »
    The maps in 4 are mostly ****e. They have little focus so you always die cheaply because people are randomly popping out from all directions.
    There is rarely any coherence to games.

On the other hand BC2 had some great maps where pitched battles could ebb and flow over well designed choke points.

So instead of PTFO in 4 I die all the time and everyone else camps.

Still amazes me to this day why they brought the same 4 maps onto next gen instead of just porting the maps from bf3, the current dlc maps are nothing to cry home about but the maps in bf3 were amazing, we had 2 games with oman, caspian etc, they should have brought over sienne crossing, bazaar etc, much more fun if you ask me.

There's nothing wrong with trying to build new maps, otherwise we'd all call it BF3.5. But they just seem to have forgotten what a good map is.

The new fancy graphics allow for all sort of light related additions to that, but they don't use it. There are no more pitched battles across streets or over flags. It simply isn't fun getting killed by some random guy back behind you whenever you attack a group when PTFO.

I honestly don't think I've even seen most of the levolutions. They happen and I'm too busy being frustrated with the game to take notice. I seem to have had particular trouble with it so maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

This new SWAT game confirms the BF series is heading in the COD direction. SWAT means no large maps, you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Was tempted to buy wolfenstien this weekend,but said I'd start the bf4 campaign again and hope my save didn't get deleted.

I'm actually really enjoying it. Bar the fact that Irish may be the worst soldier ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was tempted to buy wolfenstien this weekend,but said I'd start the bf4 campaign again and hope my save didn't get deleted.

I'm actually really enjoying it. Bar the fact that Irish may be the worst soldier ever.

buy wolfenstein
    BF4 campaign is awesome though
    save to usb

gimli2112 wrote: »
    BF4 campaign is awesome though

lol, it's probably the worst thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Where is the cheapest place to pick this up at the moment in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

glued wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to pick this up at the moment in store?

Adverts tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I was wondering how long it would take EA to do Something like this. I'm genuinely surprised it actually took this long. Greedy bastards

Isnt it unbelievable? I cant understand how they want to try to piss off their own fans... who the hell thought this would be a good idea?? a big fat EA exec with sweat beads on his neck, thats fu**in who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

can't believe the pr1cks followed through with this. There was rumours of this months ago but it died off very quick.

People are worse if they actually go and buy these.

BF_Hardline_Hero_KeyArt_rating.jpg

Battlefield Hardline Unveiling
    June 9th 12:00pm PDT
    Watch Online at www.ea.com/e3

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

From the CTE details about the fixes for the retail game. Due for release soon. Also lists some fixes that they might release to retail sometime in the future.

PATCH – NEXT RELEASE
    The next release in the retail game will include a bulk of the changes and fixes made on the CTE. We think this collection of changes to the game, which were tested through the CTE is significant enough to warrant its own release as early as possible.

INCLUDED FEATURES
    The upcoming release will contain the following features and fixes (PC, see coming patch notes for detailed list per platform):
    • Fix for explosion packs not being shootable sometimes
    • Fix for reducing damage mismatch between client/server
    • Fix for third person player orientation mismatch
    • Character collision improvements
    • Improvements for client side packet loss
    • Various server performance improvements
    • High Frequency Bubble
      Server to client “tickrate” improvements for damage, position, rotation, projectiles and stance (infantry/vehicle)
    • High Frequency Bubble: Added client option to set frequency of server to client update rate (OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH, default: OFF)
    • High Frequency Bubble: Added server kill switches to disable feature for rest of round based on low server performance
    • Dampened explosive camera shake
    • Reduced FrameHistoryTime by 33% (less time for a client to inflict damage to enemy during packet loss)
    • Various server side network improvements and fixes

FUTURE FEATURES
    The following fixes and improvements did not make this release – and will continue to be tested on the CTE for upcoming releases.
    Not all fixes and improvements are guaranteed a release however – some will not meet our quality demands or are simply tests for the CTE environment.

• Possible fix for PC chat delay (unconfirmed)
    • Hainan Resort: Under-terrain exploit fix
    • Deathshield fix (already live, CTE integration)
    • Obliteration Competitive mode
    • Operation Metro 2014 exploit fix (partial)
    • PC-Client stability improvement
    • High Altitude Jet fix (Released separately very soon)
    • Changed the way FOV slider option works – the UI now correctly displays vertical FOV
    • Improved the Uniform Soldier aiming based on CTE player feedback
    • Added Jet 3P rear view camera
    • Implemented FOV slider for vehicle 3P chase camera (option)
    • Visual fix for weapon sticking out of ragdoll and rotating weirdly
    • Fix for Hardcore killcard not showing up properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

High frequency bubble - that type of terminology is stolen from DayZ standalone! :)

These are badly needed improvements all the same. 5v5 obliteration is shaping up to be good fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

The Red wrote: »
    ^ this. Exactly this. Escept BF3 and BFBC2.. I still like to run them every so often.

Is there many still playing the older BF's? I'm only new to the series and have BF4. Would it be worth picking up BF3 for the PS3?

Oh god yes... BF3 should be in EVERY collection. Its still better than BF4 to me and im new to the series too.

I can understand all the BF vets that are nostalgic to the oldies but thats not just the case with BFBC2 and BF3. They (especially BF3.. BFBC2 can feel the slightest bit clunkier) are really really good. I just feel guilty playing BF3 when BF4 is out but damn, it is so much more fun to play... :(

Is there many still playing the older BF's? I'm only new to the series and have BF4. Would it be worth picking up BF3 for the PS3?

As a battlefield veteran myself, it is nostalgic on most look backs, this for example..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Patch notes for todays 230mb patch.

June 03 PC Game Update Notes:
    - Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
    - Character collision improvements
    - Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
    - Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
    - Improvements for client side packet loss
    - Client crash fixes
    - AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
    - Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
    - High Frequency Network update
    -Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
    -Added option to control client side update rate setting

Advertisement