Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Finally... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Guess I'll reinstall just to test this ;)

Yeah the CTE works well.. most of the time.

Felt like I really wanted to play CTE more than main game but still wanted to rank up my player more, so played Main anyway... this will be great now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone confirm if this patch is also out for ps4 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone confirm if this patch is also out for ps4 today?

No patch notes for PS4 or Xbone so its probably not out for the next gens this week.
    There are notes for the PS3 & Xbox360. A few differences from the pc patch.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955064768683845646/

June 03 PS3 Game Update Details:
    - Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
    - Rental server bug fixes
    - Character collision improvements
    - Reduced object damage mismatch between client/server.
    - Fix for explosion pack not being able to be shot sometimes
    - Improvements for client side packet loss
    - Added controller option to swap functionality of the bumper and trigger buttons
    - Carrier - Invisible walls stopping bullets fix

June 03 Xbox 360 Game Update Notes
    - Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
    - Rent A Server bug fixes
    - Character collision improvements
    - Reduced object damage mismatch between client/server
    - Fix for explosion pack not being able to be shot sometimes
    - Improvements for client side packet loss
    - Added controller option to swap functionality of the bumper and trigger buttons
    - Physics optimization for Naval Strike Wave Breaker rocks
    - Carrier: fix for invisible walls stopping bullets
    - Fix for issue where clients with low bandwidth would not be able to enter squad menu

• Advertisement

Logged in to test new patch. Had previously uninstalled everything to do with BF4.

So connected to my first game. Killed a few. Died a bit. Jumped into a heli. Game crashes to black screen and PC freezes.

Yup... game uninstalled again, and this time it's for good. Suck my balls battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Much much smoother. This is the game in was hoping for.how do ye guys find the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Noxin wrote: »
    Logged in to test new patch. Had previously uninstalled everything to do with BF4.

So connected to my first game. Killed a few. Died a bit. Jumped into a heli. Game crashes to black screen and PC freezes.

Yup... game uninstalled again, and this time it's for good. Suck my balls battlefield.

Silly question but -

Did you enable it from the options menu of the game yeah?

I see a lot of PC heads on Reddit saying its playing amazingly well now, could your issue be a dodgy driver or HW issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Played a lot better for me today and tonight , I was having trouble with close up fire fights but it seems gone now . I know there are new settings in the options page but I didn't have to change anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonski wrote: »
    Played a lot better for me today and tonight , I was having trouble with close up fire fights but it seems gone now . I know there are new settings in the options page but I didn't have to change anything .

Think the smoothing is off by default and you have to enable the 30hz by :

PC players having just got this new awesome patch. It doesn't remove the suck from BF4 by default... the option that does so, High Frequency Network Update under the Gameplay tab, is set to Off by default. Set this to High to remove terrible infantry gameplay and enable fun times.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Silly question but -

Did you enable it from the options menu of the game yeah?

I see a lot of PC heads on Reddit saying its playing amazingly well now, could your issue be a dodgy driver or HW issue?

Yea I had the updates turned on. Had network originally set to high. I felt I could kill much better but the game was also stuttering or something. Kinda hard to describe. I might try a full gfx driver reinstall and give it another shot over the weekend. Never had this problem until a few patches ago though.

Almost a 1.5GB update for BF4 on ps4 as of now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hallo dare wrote: »
    Almost a 1.5GB update for BF4 on ps4 as of now.

Sounds like the next expansion content. It's too big for the recent patch.

Spear wrote: »
    Sounds like the next expansion content. It's too big for the recent patch.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-4-player-testing-results-in-new-update-improving-netcode/1100-6420065/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

"high frequency bubbles"????

Anyone who's played in test environment can say how this will affect sniping, long range engagement with jets, chippers , tanks and AAs etc.

Sounds like another layer of complication rather than simplification but would be nice if it actually worked.

Apparently the bubbles are pretty big and in some cases cover most of a map. Cant remember where I read that though... sorry.

The CTE is making changes to Rush. The changes aren't live yet. CTE patches are usually out over the weekend.

As promised, we will be giving the gamemode Rush some love this initiative!
    The first pair of maps up for testing is Siege of Shanghai and Zavod 311.

WHY CHANGE RUSH?
    We’ve heard your feedback, we’ve checked our telemetry, we’ve watched countless hours of streamed gameplay and of course played Rush in the live environment ourselves. We decided on this initiative because we felt we could increase the quality of the Rush experience in the BF4 base game maps by small means such as tweaking vehicle setup or MCOM placement. With CTE up and running, we have a great opportunity to get some player feedback on some changes we’ve playtested internally and see if it’s something we want to push live.
    The main focus of the changes has been to increase the balance and flow of Rush rounds. Often this means making it easier for the attackers to tackle certain MCOMs that were frustrating. Worst offenders were maps where it’s rare to see attackers progress past the first base.
    Although there is no accounting for bad team mates, I hope you’ll find the most difficult bases less frustrating than before.
    PTxO
    -Tompen

WHAT ARE WE TESTING?
    We’d like to get your feedback on the changes to the gamemode in general, and to these two maps in particular. Please direct your feedback to the appropriate forum for each map!

GENERAL RUSH CHANGES
    These are the general Rush changes:
    • Removed Commander by default in Rush
    • Reduced radar sweep range around attacker bases
    • Round start timer addition (we are investigating final solution, not active in this release)
    • Made sure final attacker tickets are not reset after the last base explodes

SIEGE OF SHANGHAI CHANGES
    • Removed all air vehicles to make this a land strike in Rush.
    • Cut the power to all the elevators in the map.
    • Tweaked MCOM positions of all bases. Base #2 was especially problematic for attackers if they didn’t have enough of a momentum.
    • Tweaked vehicle setup.
    • Slightly tweaked certain combat areas, spawns
    • Added a few cover pieces to go with the updated MCOM positioning.

ZAVOD 311 CHANGES
    • Wanted to make this map easier for attackers particularly on bases 1 and 4.
    • Major rebalance on vehicle balance in favor of attackers. For example: transport helicopter given to attackers from base 2 and onwards. This is especially helpful on the “impossible last base”.
    • Tweaks on MCOM positions and minor changes to elements such as combat areas, spawns etc.
    • Added a few pieces of additional cover.
    • Reduced terrain crater depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

The CTE is making changes to Rush. The changes aren't live yet. CTE patches are usually out over the weekend.

This is genuinely great news and really long overdue. Sadly, its very typical of the treatment this game has received since release. Considering it's been a staple mode of Battlefield for years, it was arguably the worst thought out and implemented in this version. It'll come as too little, too late for a lot of players unfortunately. I love Rush(when it actually works like it should) but the vehicle balance is nothing short of atrocious on some of the maps.
    As silly as it is having a test environment 7 months AFTER the game has been released, if it actually helps and improves the core game then at least it's a step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Glad to see the Zavod base 4 MCOM is getting moved. What an absolute ludicrous place to put it half way up a aerial tower with only one way up. It's not like the attackers are given air vehicles to even drop on top of it. I don't think I've ever won an attacking round of Zavod.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Glad to see the Zavod base 4 MCOM is getting moved. What an absolute ludicrous place to put it half way up a aerial tower with only one way up. It's not like the attackers are given air vehicles to even drop on top of it. I don't think I've ever won an attacking round of Zavod.

It's the same in Defuse. You almost can't lose when attacking A. Sometimes you plant at B for the easy win 'cos there's just no point. They must have been pretty wasted when laying out the MCOMs that afternoon.

• Advertisement

An airbursting UCAV flow through the window of the tower tends to clear the room of defenders :D. But even then you still have to hope your team can get up the stairs. We'll see whether the changes make it no fun for the defenders or make it balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Love these changes to Rush... yippie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

An ability to move the bases manually would have been nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    An ability to move the bases manually would have been nicer.
    Yeah that's the one thing the game is missing.the ability to customise where the mcoms are located and could be so much fun,there's parts of maps that would just be epic in a infantry only rush.

The paddy fields around the back D flag on dragons teeth come to mind.Dice really dropped the ball since BC2 in making the maps suit Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

For anyone who has this, and wants a mate to play, http://www.greenmangaming.com/ea-eu-deals/ are doing a deal for €29.99 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Video showing some of the changes to Rush for us console peasants :) who can't access the CTE........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Cool and all as easter eggs are id much rather prefer they spent their efforts on the game problems

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

To be fair to DICE LA, the amount of progress they've made in fixing the game since they took over is nothing short of amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

miju wrote: »
    Cool and all as easter eggs are id much rather prefer they spent their efforts on the game problems

In fairness something like this is probably pretty easy with their dev tools.

Advertisement