Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    To be fair to DICE LA, the amount of progress they've made in fixing the game since they took over is nothing short of amazing.

Ah I know it's miles better tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've finally uninstalled BF4 and gone back to BC2. Its a lot more fun IMHO. Its not perfect and I miss a lot of things from BF3/4 like the refined UI and better graphics, the lighting in particular, but the ability to see who is shooting you and generally have time to respond is so refreshing. I even finished my first round second on the leaderboard. I could barely muster 2-10 and a few hundred points bashing my head against the keyboard in BF4.

The CTE is still installed. Maybe I'll drop in there now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Playing Defuse. Locker came up. OK, pick a shotgun.
    Ran and ran and ran
    Through enemy spawn
    Still running
    Was the map always this big?
    Still running
    Rounded corner
    Enemy team with backs to me
    I love this game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

1GB Patch for BF4. No patch notes as yet.

Assignments/weapons for Dragons Teeth viewable but part of the requirements for unlocking them is playing Dragons teeth maps. They've learnt their lessons from previous DLC.

Plus new Phantom Program assignment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

My update is 5.44GB!!!! This must surely be Dragons Teeth?

It is, it now says "TireeTerror is now playing Dragons Teeth" in my newsfeed.

Yeah, my feed is saying that I'm playing Dragons Teeth also. But it was a 1gb patch for me and there's no servers up so mark that announcement down as another DICE bug :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

2GB for me!

Its weird all the different patch sizes, thats 1GB,2GB and 5GB.

I checked my browser and as expected there are no new maps in there yet, hopefully as soon as it does update Battlelog I will be in a position to play. Im still downloading, Im at 83%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its weird all the different patch sizes, thats 1GB,2GB and 5GB.

I checked my browser and as expected there are no new maps in there yet, hopefully as soon as it does update Battlelog I will be in a position to play. Im still downloading, Im at 83%.

patches this gen are feckin monsters, the 500GB hard drives arent going to be long filling up on these consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

patches this gen are feckin monsters, the 500GB hard drives arent going to be long filling up on these consoles.

3TB external usb 3.0 HDD's are cheap as chips these days tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Holy crap check out Humble Bundle.. 2K games are giving out some beauts!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064781341828638/last/

PC Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
    -Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
    -Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
    -Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
    -Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
    -Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
    -Created a user interface for tweaking the joystick dead zone on PC because the lack of it was preventing some players to use their joysticks
    -Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
    -Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
    -Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water
    -Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU settings

MODES:
    -Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
    -Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags

USER INTERFACE:
    -Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
    -Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
    -Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
    -Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
    -Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
    -Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier (for joystick)
    -Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
    -Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)

WEAPONS:
    -Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
    -Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
    -Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
    -Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
    -Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
    -Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
    -Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

Triage... no? Optic sway?... no.

Er.. Am I the only one who has been hit with a 15gb update for CTE?

Maybe I am, I just reinstalled it so it could be a previous one...

Nope its a new patch.. a lot of maps in there and a butt load of new stuff :D ok I think ill come back to CTE!

The Red wrote: »
    Holy crap check out Humble Bundle.. 2K games are giving out some beauts!

This is Battlefield 4 chat. What you're looking for issssaaaadataway ----> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057209752&page=5 :D

Yeah ok thanks for that.

Teaser trailer for Dragons Teeth.
    The DLC will be out on Tuesday for Premium owners.

Whether it'll break your game is a roll of the DICE :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

What time does the double xp start?

From Battlelog hence the caps.

DOUBLE XP IS AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLED FROM JULY 12, 2014 AT 2AM PDT THROUGH JULY 14, 2014 AT 2AM PDT AND FROM, AUGUST 9, 2014 AT 2AM PDT THROUGH AUGUST 11, 2014 AT 2AM PDT.

2am PDT is 10am irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

or... never ;)

miralize wrote: »
    or... never ;)

It's starting to look that way!

Full trailer for Dragons Teeth. Out tomorrow for premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maps look decent hope the bulldog is fixed, ridiclously overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll say one thing for dice, they sure can make a trailer that makes me want to throw money at the screen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Meh, all I see now is never ending frustration dressed up in 'splosions and shakey cam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

if only they had this level of extras outside of cte (world cup easter egg)

• Advertisement

Dragons Teeth is currently downloading.

The DLC is 7.23Gb in size.

Advertisement