Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dragons Teeth is currently downloading.

The DLC is 7.23Gb in size.

Thank god for ulimited download allowances. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Dragons Teeth is currently downloading.

The DLC is 7.23Gb in size.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Might just about be able to squeeze in a few rounds this evening, damn slow internet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The Gaellords server is now running a conquest large and Chain-Link rotation on the new maps only. We might try some of the other modes later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played two rounds there, "Pearl Market" was very similar to "Flood Zone" but a good bit bigger & less linear. Was ok

"Propaganda" was a really good round. Kinda reminded me of some old BC2 & 2142 maps. Will play more later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

First impressions.

Lumphini Garden

Good fun TDM & Domination. Chain interesting. Haven't played conquest

Pearl Market
    Conquest Large feels like Seine Crossing/Bazaar or Floodzone with more buildings.

Propaganda

CQ Large. See above.

Sunken Dragon

Don't like it so far.
    Conquest Large is a badly designed if you're on the US side. 3 flags on chinese side, 2 on US. A bridge & open ground between. Might change when the levelution floods the centre.

Domination & TDM are centred around the boat. Too many camping spots and only 1 stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

6.7GB on PS4 for dragons teeth,game final install size is gonna be monstorous with all the patches and dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

EoinHef wrote: »
    6.7GB on PS4 for dragons teeth,game final install size is gonna be monstorous with all the patches and dlc

Currently 47.4GB on my PC with 1 DLC to go.
    Battlefield 3 with all the DLC was 34.2GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

57gb with all content and updates installed on PS4, thank lordy for swappable hard drives... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just played through the 4 maps and from first impressions Pearl Market is my favourite. Nice long range combat as well and plenty of good vantage points for Recon. The AMTRAC is an absolute killing machine :D

Propaganda - very wide open and very difficult to stay alive in when the tanks and enemies are piling in towards the points. Enjoyed it though.

Lumphini Garden - Nice mix of water/land areas and good long range combat. The majority of people seem to be swimming around trying to get the Unica, making them easy pickings :D

Sunken Dragon - Didn't enjoy this one very much first time, need a second play through to get an opinion on it. I agree with the poster above that the point placement is very unbalanced.

• Advertisement

After a few play throughs my initial impressions are:
    Propoganda, Sunken Dragon, Lumphini Gardens are very good maps. Possibly some of the best in BF4, need a few more runs through to decide.
    Pearl Market just has far too much going on, complete clusterfeic on 64 player. Might be better on smaller servers.

Tried a few rounds of Chainlink, crazy fast paced and didn't enjoy it, although I was playing on 64man servers and it's obviously been designed for 32. Still, I'd be surprised if it catches on.

Overall a very good DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thank god for ulimited download allowances. :D
    Barely fits on the 120GB SSD. Bleh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Am I the only one who cannot play a single round on Pearl Market?? All the other maps load fine, I just get stuck in an infinite load screen if I try play any game mode on Pearl Market.....

Forces me to close Battlefield and relaunch the whole game :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thoughts after a few rounds:

I like Propaganda, but everyone seems to.

Sunken Dragon doesn't impress me. It just encourages lazy camping with the indestructible dam buildings.

Pearl Market is okay, seems like a rehash of flood zone to a degree.

Lumpini Garden only appeared briefly, not enough to form an opinion.

Chainlink mode seems to barely last 90 seconds a round though. They may not have though this through entirely.

Chainlink mode, aka running simulator 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played from 5pm-8pm yesterday.

First impressions overall are kinda: meh. It didn't really do much for me.

I decided on Monday to wipe my SSD, resinstall Win 8.1 and keep the drive clean to get best performance I could. Still struggling with stuttering a good bit which is really reducing my enjoyment. (checked out what others are doing with a similar PC and most are getting an easy 60-80 fps clean without problems. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong)

I've not played properly in a good while so was not near my best but I'll give it another go and see how I get on. probably over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Anyone else recognising parts of the other maps in the new ones?
    Lumpini garden has a part taken straight out of Dawnbreaker (Down at D on 360), the building down beside A that kinda overlooks it.
    Pearl market also seems to have the building from A on Dawnbreaker in it too. So alike that I actually ran into it and was confused where I was for a sec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Anyone else recognising parts of the other maps in the new ones?
    Lumpini garden has a part taken straight out of Dawnbreaker (Down at D on 360), the building down beside A that kinda overlooks it.
    Pearl market also seems to have the building from A on Dawnbreaker in it too. So alike that I actually ran into it and was confused where I was for a sec.

Yeah I've noticed that too, some very familiar buildings in it. One of the maps has an exact replica of the sky bridge connected buildings from Lancang Dam in it. Another one (I think Sunken Dragon?) has a building identical to the mall from Siege of Shanghai.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Yeah I've noticed that too, some very familiar buildings in it. One of the maps has an exact replica of the sky bridge connected buildings from Lancang Dam in it. Another one (I think Sunken Dragon?) has a building identical to the mall from Siege of Shanghai.

That seems to be common enough, there's a building right beside the spawn in dawnbreaker (not the one by the bus station, the one at the end of the road that climbs the hill) that is identical to the B dom building in Langcang dam. I actually got confused as to where I was when I spawned in on a teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My first impressions of the DLC were from chain link where I spawned, died, spawned again died, spawned died etc

It was pretty crazy and that was only on xbox 360 with 24 players. i can imagine it's a lot more frenzied on a 64 player map.

After the initial crazyness I decided to take a more careful approach and played recon with a DMR but I kept getting a glitch where my ironsights were non transparent so I died a lot..

I do like the maps though. I had some good craic on each one for the short time I played. I'm not 100% sure where the riot shield will be useful because most of the maps seem relatively open and have few narrow corridors without obvious flanking opportunities. The riot shield will be much more useful in Metro and Locker room

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Akrasia wrote: »
    The riot shield will be much more useful in Metro and Locker room

Haven't played with riot shield yet but I'd imagine it's not even useful in those maps given the amount of grenade spam 1, 2 or more likely 10 grenades are bound to land behind you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finally im enjoying and playing the game i thought i was buying.
    The netcode improvements increase the enjoyment dramatically,its still not perfect but a hell of a lot better than before.
    New maps are ok i suppose,i do like the one that resembles a WW2 map from red orchestra ,think its called propoganda.
    Chainlink is a good mode but ticket count is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »
    New maps are ok i suppose,i do like the one that resembles a WW2 map from red orchestra ,think its called propoganda.

Thought the same , and with all the snipers if felt like enemy at the gates :D

32 man Chain Link and Capture the Flag are good fun on these maps. The few Rush games I've played have been pretty awful though, was really hopeful that Rush would start it's comeback with this dlc, but not to be it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Noxin wrote: »
    I decided on Monday to wipe my SSD, resinstall Win 8.1 and keep the drive clean to get best performance I could. Still struggling with stuttering a good bit which is really reducing my enjoyment. (checked out what others are doing with a similar PC and most are getting an easy 60-80 fps clean without problems. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong)
    Make a thread here with your computer specs, what you've done so far, and what result you intend on getting. Could be something simple that you've overlooked.
    Akrasia wrote: »
    The riot shield will be much more useful in Metro and Locker room
    Can you affix C4 to the riot shields?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maps any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Maps any use?

I like them a lot. More so than the other DLC's so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I like them a lot. More so than the other DLC's so far.

I agree with this.

Its the first DLC I actually like in BF4. Played a bit of it, but it is such an improvement so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

the_syco wrote: »
    Make a thread here with your computer specs, what you've done so far, and what result you intend on getting. Could be something simple that you've overlooked.

Can you affix C4 to the riot shields?
    Your own riot shield or someone else's?

It would be pretty hilarious to plant a sneaky C4 on an enemy riot shield, watch them walk back to their squadmates and then BOOM!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Only bought the game last night when I was bored haven't been playing any FPS lately. Have to say I've enjoyed what I've played so far playing assault kit. Anyone able to recommend a set up or what guns I should work towards the ak12 has such a slow ROF compared to the AEK ext getting blown to pieces!

Advertisement