Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Only bought the game last night when I was bored haven't been playing any FPS lately. Have to say I've enjoyed what I've played so far playing assault kit. Anyone able to recommend a set up or what guns I should work towards the ak12 has such a slow ROF compared to the AEK ext getting blown to pieces!

There is a thread on here discussing this .

There ya go :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057172792

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Only bought the game last night when I was bored haven't been playing any FPS lately. Have to say I've enjoyed what I've played so far playing assault kit. Anyone able to recommend a set up or what guns I should work towards the ak12 has such a slow ROF compared to the AEK ext getting blown to pieces!

Depends really on your play style. Carbines are very good all round weapons for each class. AEK has high ROF but very high spread / short range compared to the AK12 so you pick your weapon based on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anybody having issues with origin and viewing servers in the browser?...

Seems to be very slow for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Problem contacting EA Login, please try again in a while

Cant even login.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant even login.

"The Game Statistics Engine is currently down."

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant even login.

I can log in albeit slowly so it must be be back now.

EDIT:
    Scratch that,gone again :-(

Fairly annoying now to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Yup,haven't had time to play for the last few days and was looking forward to it this afternoon.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Lads, can I have an opinion poll of sorts?

What FOV do ye use and with what size monitors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The Red wrote: »

3 X 27" Dell U2711 @ 7680x1440 FOV 90

Niiiice display... Would you mind throwin up some pics of that? Or a video? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

90 FOV with 1080P on some Dell 23" LCD, I have 2nd monitor 20" 3:4 (rotated) with the map on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hardline pushed to 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hardline pushed to 2015.

Hardline thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057218277&page=3

Sure is, but at least plenty of decent games coming up to keep us entertained until then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

......uhm, how do you equip the riot shield? Must have spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out yesterday. It's depressing I'm this stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ......uhm, how do you equip the riot shield? Must have spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out yesterday. It's depressing I'm this stupid!

Have you done the assignment to unlock it?

hallo dare wrote: »
    Have you done the assignment to unlock it?

Yup.
    It's unlocked but when I go into the loadouts I can't find it anywhere :confused:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup.
    It's unlocked but when I go into the loadouts I can't find it anywhere :confused:

It's in the support class

hallo dare wrote: »
    It's in the support class

Ok had checked all them but must have missed it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Does anyone feel dirty using the X25 Airburst?

I actually gave up using it, it was way too easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I only use it when clearing out the glitchy spots or am trying to clear the upstairs of B on locker but can't get near enough to lob a grenade.

Other than that I don't use it, as you said, far too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Last week the CTE has got crazy big (37.5gb) but supposibly the patches from now on will be much smaller. Not sure when I'll download it though.

The latest patch is 130MB. Whole bunch of changes to be tried out. Hopefully the changes for grenades will make it to the retail game soon.

PATCH CHANGESThis is what is included in this patch:
    UI TRIAGE
    Goal: de-clutter the HUD and give players options to customize the major components
    • Now drawing the squad leader/commander objective orders in the game status UI (good for hardcore!)
    • Moved the chainlink HUD a bit down so it doesnt overlap scoring messages
    • Made chainlink UI use the same “physics” effect as other UI elements on the HUD
    • Fixed an issue where the flashbang icons fading out feature broke the HUD visibility options for icons
    • Fixed a bug where remote controlled vehicles won’t show the vehicle health in the HUD
    • Revive HUD world icon now uses the visibility setting for the health bar/revive timer instead of the one for the main soldier icon
    • Minimap Scaling
      Implemented scaling of commander related minimap assets.
      Visibility now independent from the HUD visibility option
      Added option for setting the minimap icons size and visibility independently from the background

SOLDIER MOVEMENT
    Goal: Make soldier movement feel more immediate, direct and in control.
    • Third person crouch tweaks
      One of the problems with “death behind cover” is crouching. As crouching is a finite state – we cannot predict if a player will crouch in the same manner we predict movement. This in combination with our client side authorative damage model means there is currently a possibility to get a pretty severe delay when crouching behind cover on someone elses side (and being able to damage it).We have tried to mitigate this by making crouch animations in third person quicker (in the beginning) – which should get rid of the worst of these issues.
    • These are transitions touched: Transition Stand -> StandToCrouch_Node
      Transition Run -> StandToCrouch_Node
      Transition Run -> Sneak_Node
      Transition StandTurn -> Sneak_Node
      Transition Walk -> Sneak_Node
      Transition Sprint -> Sneak_Node
    • Sprint accelleration tweaked to match that of general movement
      You now reach top speed faster/more directly and it vibes better with the previous change (no change to top sprint speed).

VISUAL RECOIL
    Goal: Get guns to always point where you shoot. Remove randomness from shooting. Finalizing this is a prerequisite to look at gun damage and _real_ recoil tweaking.

• TEST: M9 Pistol now has a single fire animation
      This test is an answer to feedback we’ve gotten where the pistols “kick” and the way it randomly picks an animation was called out at something that makes it hard to hit targets (without adding depth). We’ve as a test removed all but one animation on the M9 pistol – to see what that does to shooting the gun.
    • TEST: New Red Dot is now smaller on request (feedback in forum!)
      Pending this works out – we will look at replacing the other “red” (really pink) sights with this more red and “red-light” looking version
    • Tweaked size of Pistol Delta sight down a notch
    • Fixed visual issues for ALL weapons (find any issues? report them in forum!)
      PWD, LMG, Sniper Rifles, DMR, Shotguns
    • FOUND ISSUE IN TESTING OF BUILD:
      Red dots on the Coyote and Reflexs RDS sights is clipping again after the downscaled red dot. Will be fixed in next update, Sorry about this!

GAME MODES
    Goal: Improve selected gamemodes to deliver the intent and playstyle envisoned for the gamemode in question
    • Obliteration Competitive
      Bombs can now be placed in any order.
      Reduced bomb disarm time from 10s -> 8s. There is a 3s warmup when defusing.
      Reduced radar sweep on home bases to 40 meters on competitive.
    • Chain Link
      Decreased the rate of ticker bleeding by 40%.
      Increased round timer to 30 minutes.

WEAPON/GADGET BALANCE
    Goal: With the changes to visual recoil, head flinching and netcode weapons have become deadlier and kills faster. Tune weapons to take this into consideration and find clear roles for them in doing so.

Grenade Balancing
    First out is a grenade pass. We think the game currently is a bit spammy when it comes to grenades. We want to make grenades something that is powerful – but not used lightly in any situation, also we want type of grenade you pick to mean something – and give the different grenades more clear roles.

• Reduced RGO capacity 2->1
    • Reduced RGO inner blast radius 1.65->1
    • Reduced v40 capacity 3->2
    • Reduced v40 blast radius 7->6
    • Reduced v40 inner blast radius 2.5->1
    • Increased ammo bag pickup time for grenades:
      Flashbang 5s->9s
      RGO 7s->25s
      v40 8s->13s
      Handflare 1s->6s
      M18 5s->9s
      M34 8s->25s
      M67 5s->25s
      XM25 DART 1s->3.5s (5->4 rounds)
      XM25 3.5s->6s
      40mm 3GL 8s->18s
      40mm Smoke 2.5s->5s (matching flashbang now)
      40mm LVG/HE 8s->9s

BULLET COLLISION CLEANUP
    Goal: Find and clean up inconsistencies in visual collision for bullets and players. Improve on the clarity of game environments.
    • Fixed poor collision issue in cover assets like free standing pillar and store stack.
      Affected levels: Operation Locker, Pearl Market, Flood Zone
    • Pearl Market
      Fixed issue with collision of wall between C and D bases

• Third person crouch tweaks
      One of the problems with “death behind cover” is crouching. As crouching is a finite state – we cannot predict if a player will crouch in the same manner we predict movement. This in combination with our client side authorative damage model means there is currently a possibility to get a pretty severe delay when crouching behind cover on someone elses side (and being able to damage it).We have tried to mitigate this by making crouch animations in third person quicker (in the beginning) – which should get rid of the worst of these issues.

What bullshit. I don't know about anyone else but about 80% of the time I die behind cover I've not even had the chance to crouch at that stage.

Just reading that CTE patch log actually really pisses me off, the game is out nearly a year and the patches they are looking at are still beta level stuff IMO. At this stage into it's life BF3 was all just balancing and fixing out of map glitches etc .

" We think the game currently is a bit spammy when it comes to grenades." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

@ Miju

Why are you still playing the game? You got a refund. You 'officially' gave up on the game about a dozen times since it was launched.

BF4 is an extremely ambitious game. Programming such a game across multiple platforms was always going to be an extremely difficult task and Despite the bugs, It's still one of the best FPS shooters out there, and there is still ongoing support for the game to improve the experience.

If you hate the game, stop playing it. If you like the game, then you should do the decent thing and buy it and then you'll have the right to complain about glitches

DICE are trying to make the game better, thousands of broken games are released that never get fixed.

Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?

@ Miju

Akrasia wrote: »
    If you hate the game, stop playing it. If you like the game, then you should do the decent thing and buy it and then you'll have the right to complain about glitches

DICE are trying to make the game better, thousands of broken games are released that never get fixed.

I still have the right to offer my opinion if I want even if I don't own the game. But with that said I never got a refund for the game I got a refund for premium which is a big difference :pac:

Indeed games, are always buggy and I've been around Battlefield long enough to know what to expect in terms of bugs and patches that introduce more bugs and just because 1,000s of games are released with bugs that doesn't make it OK for EA / DICE to release an Alpha state game as a full release.

It's accepting statements "like 1,000s of games are release with bugs every year" that has lead to a lowering of the standard of games in terms of bugs because they can always be patched out later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Akrasia wrote: »
    @ Miju

Why are you still playing the game? You got a refund. You 'officially' gave up on the game about a dozen times since it was launched.

BF4 is an extremely ambitious game. Programming such a game across multiple platforms was always going to be an extremely difficult task and Despite the bugs, It's still one of the best FPS shooters out there, and there is still ongoing support for the game to improve the experience.

Very good post, DICE are innovators and yes there has been mistakes but that is through innovation

Advertisement