Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

mozattack wrote: »
    Very good post, DICE are innovators and yes there has been mistakes but that is through innovation

No the mistakes have been made through lazy and misdirected programming lets not make excuses for DICE and / or EA here.

Answer me this do you call them releasing Second Assault with ALL the same map glitches that they PATCHED OUT in BF3 (so they obviously knew they were there) and reintroduced back into BF4 as innovation or lazyness ?????

Lets call a spade a spade it's lazyness and constant bull**** excuses. How about they are working hard on fixing the game issues ???? So hard in fact they decided to patch in a megladon onto a map and stick a football field onto the CTE.

Frostbite 1 was a great engine, then they redone it with Frostbite 2 and it worked alot better but Frostbite 3 and as a result BF4 is a disaster after nearly 12 months of releasing patches (which broke the game more).

Call it what you wan't but it certainly isn't innovation and certainly isn't looking after it's community either, but sure you don't need me to tell you that look at Battlelog posts and Facebook posts as well still plenty of "fix the game" and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

AM I THE ONLY I'M STILL GETTING KILLED BEHIND COVER?? madness after 9 months. Dragons teeth was shiat and all over the shop. Finally given up. Can't wait for borderlands 3..

miju wrote: »
    No the mistakes have been made through lazy and misdirected programming lets not make excuses for DICE and / or EA here.

Answer me this do you call them releasing Second Assault with ALL the same map glitches that they PATCHED OUT in BF3 (so they obviously knew they were there) and reintroduced back into BF4 as innovation or lazyness ?????

Good points SIR.

Lets call a spade a spade it's lazyness and constant bull**** excuses. How about they are working hard on fixing the game issues ???? So hard in fact they decided to patch in a megladon onto a map and stick a football field onto the CTE.

Frostbite 1 was a great engine, then they redone it with Frostbite 2 and it worked alot better but Frostbite 3 and as a result BF4 is a disaster after nearly 12 months of releasing patches (which broke the game more).

Call it what you wan't but it certainly isn't innovation and certainly isn't looking after it's community either, but sure you don't need me to tell you that look at Battlelog posts and Facebook posts as well still plenty of "fix the game" and so on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Personally enjoying Dragon's Teeth & rarely get any of these 'netcode' bugs that people complain about. Even with my ****e internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Personally enjoying Dragon's Teeth & rarely get any of these 'netcode' bugs that people complain about. Even with my ****e internet

Agree, only time it happens is when my Internet slows down.
    This from a Upc user, over wifi. Upc is ****e.! Lovin dragons teeth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im still getting issues on PS4,shot round corners,one hit kills etc And also found myself under the map on dragons teeth on 2 occasions last night,only way out was drowning.

Id say its not fixed.....or ever will be to even BF3 level.

lol,innovation causes the problems,so if a dev trys to innovate but makes a mess of it its ok for them to charge a fortune for game and premium? Its not imo
    Im all for innovation,and im all for DICE/EA delaying the release of the game till its ready rather than rushing it out to meet some sort of business deadline.

Yes it plays much better now than it did,nearly a year after release.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

CTE and origin both uninstalled now too. I can't do this **** anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Proganda and Pearl Market are incredible maps.

Pearl Market is like a massive big (and likeable) Ziba Tower; great fun and a chance to use some shotties for once

miju wrote: »

I did say there was mistakes and mistakes come through innovation, e.g .levolution and all that jazz probably caused a lot of trouble. Easy to do tiny maps and keep them the same year on year like COD but Id take the frustrating problems for a game which aimed to be ground-breaking.

I read Battlelog all the time and moaners moan so it isnt a fair reflection of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pearl Market is like one large camper's paradise. Complete chaos. If I wanted complete chaos, I'd sit there and roll a dice and celebrate winning every time I rolled a six. It'd cost less and be less frustrating.

Propaganda isn't awful. It also isn't fantastic. Works well for chainlink and okayish for rush; does not work well for anything else.

Listerine Gardens.... actually, isn't horrible, after the mudslide happens. Quite good on rush.

Sunken Dragon... just drown the ****ing thing. You might as well have asked them to design a map that forced one team to all play short-range units like engineers and encouraged the other team to all play snipers and to use the helos. And whatever monkey thought the idea of fighting in the restaurant and every so often randomly drowning everyone was a "great game experience" needs to be waterboarded while handcuffed so they learn what the actual game experience is like. Feck's sakes...

And every single map still has the same problem - if even one squad on either team starts using VOIP (whether in-game or third party) to coordinate, the entire game goes to ****e for everyone else and things get one-sided before you can blink. Singletons just can't coordinate (or won't), nobody sticks together in squads, you can't trust any teammate to cover you no matter how important what you're doing is (so don't ever pick up the flag or the bomb, unless you're tired of playing), and the entire game experience becomes unbelievably frustrating the moment anyone actually plays the game the way it's meant to be played.

I did say there was mistakes and mistakes come through innovation, e.g .levolution and all that jazz probably caused a lot of trouble.
    ]

Levolution issues mainly revolve around frame rate issues or more specifically when they trigger how framerates drop to single figures at times (on console at least).
    I read Battlelog all the time and moaners moan so it isnt a fair reflection of the community.

Whatever about the forums. look at any of the comments in the DICE blog posts or on Facebook / Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

At the start EA and DICE made a promise that they would take all teams off all projects until they got BF4 fixed, that lasted about 2 weeks then they just dumped it all on DICE LA, this is how EA works, they nor care about you the consumer or that the game cannot be fixed at this stage and they got a lightbulb above their head when they realised hardlines is gonna fail out of the gate because of the sour outcome of BF4, they've tarnished the community and think by delaying the game it will be acceptable to put out after the bf4 curtain has closed with "end game" late this year.

I will never buy a Battlefield game at launch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

If they had released Hardline on the original date, it would bomb and everyone would complain that it wasnt ready and was too weak content and originality wise or whatever. They were right to hold it. At least they are coming around to the notion of trying to prepare a game properly BEFORE releasing it. Too bad it took the massive disaster of BF4 to teach them that lesson. If it did in fact teach them..

The Red wrote: »
    If they had released Hardline on the original date, it would bomb and everyone would complain that it wasnt ready and was too weak content and originality wise or whatever. They were right to hold it. At least they are coming around to the notion of trying to prepare a game properly BEFORE releasing it. Too bad it took the massive disaster of BF4 to teach them that lesson. If it did in fact teach them..

Genuinely dont it has you had head of EA saying BF4 did no reputational damage to the Battlefield franchise.

Having played Hardline briefly it does seem like a thinly veiled reskin of BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Hi guys

Has anyone encountered "rapid fire" controllers on BF4 on console?
    Last night i was on Xbox360 and came across a group of guys that were using DMR`s with nowt but the iron sights.
    The rate that these guys were able to fire and drop me and my friends was unreal. Even at distance. I thought something was different very quickly because the sound of them firing at me was very different to anything ive ever heard. You know the "ping" from the DMR rifles is very distinctive. So when it went so fast i thought something fishy is going on.
    Others on the server must have thought it too as when i nailed one of them a couple of blueberrys picked up the guys gun and tried to fire it against a wall. But as usual it just came in singles.
    Very annoying if im honest.
    Does this happen or was i just having a rubbish night where i was shooting skittles instead of bullets?

swe3nytodd

Question:

If they announced a 6 map DLC called New York invasion with 6 new guns etc would you buy it for €15, even if you have premium?

I would and please do as I am not sure Hardline is the game for me and waiting until BF5 will hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Question:

If they announced a 6 map DLC called New York invasion with 6 new guns etc would you buy it for €15, even if you have premium?

I would and please do as I am not sure Hardline is the game for me and waiting until BF5 will hurt
    That's some very specific hypotheticising there
    Is that what the rumours are currently predicting?

I'd buy a new expansion for BF4 if it can extend the franchise for a bit longer because I have no intention in buying a xb1 or ps4 in the next 24 months and it would be great to have more content on the 360 to keep me going.

I would prefer if it was more than just a map pack though, if they're asking for even more money, they'd need to have a decent twist to make it stand out from the rest of Bf4

Thinking a bit like Farcry 3 Blood dragon with some extensive re-skinning but retaining the core of the game.

Has anyone tried this yet? Looks like fun, but Itll be probably patched out real soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMS5pVbO8Gk#t=56

Apparently it works with PC too. Just hit enter to deploy while clicking the class you want to switch to at the same time.

Now no one use this because its cheating... you cheating scamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Red wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this yet? Looks like fun, but Itll be probably patched out real soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMS5pVbO8Gk#t=56

Aha yeah it works. Tried it earlier after I seen it on an unofficial BF4 facebook page :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assault Rifle with Ammo Box and C4 and I would be a GOD!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Assault Rifle with Ammo Box and C4 and I would be a GOD!!!!!!!
    That was the BC2 set up if I'm remembering correctly, was crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That was the BC2 set up if I'm remembering correctly, was crazy.

Nah if you'd an assault rifle you had a grenade launcher, if you wanted to use C4 you had to use an all kit weapon (shotgun, M1 Garand etc)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nah if you'd an assault rifle you had a grenade launcher, if you wanted to use C4 you had to use an all kit weapon (shotgun, M1 Garand etc)

I still want my Garand back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Spear wrote: »
    I still want my Garand back.

And me my G3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ah yeh thats right actually, I used to use the G3 all the time.

Still a beastly set up. Must crack it on some night for the buzz, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

aaronh007 wrote: »
    And me my G3 :(

i ****ing loved the g3 in Bf2, one shot kill.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lads wheres the cheapest to get the DLC packs?
    Just have BF4 and China Rising.
    Do I need to buy premium or is there an add on I can buy just for the DLC`s

*edit* For PC I should have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Check here for prices: http://www.allkeyshop.com/

Individual DLCs are 10-12 euro, but Premium is better value at around 30 euro.
    I got mine from G2A, think delivery of the key took about 5 minutes.

If you get premium you'll still get all the previously awarded premium content - battlepacks, camos, paint, knives etc. You'll also get the option to join the Community Test Environment to test the latest patches (if you can manage the 40gig download that is.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nobody posted about the Phantom Initiate yet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2ccqx7/phantom_initiate_phantom_program_completion/

The password was solved, and not by Jack Frags for a change :) Some serious maths involved, don't know how they had the patience but fair play to them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What did they get for all that? Fancy dogtags or a camo nobody will notice? :D

Advertisement