Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel cheated

• 27-09-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

This morning my phone rang at 5.15am. My mother, crying and saying she had bad news. My brother had passed away just after half four.

He had been sick for the past three years, had beaten leukaemia and had just been home a couple of months after nearly two years of being in hospital.

He had even been up to St. James for his check up yesterday and they were delighted with his progress, talking about taking out his feeding tube in two weeks time as he was finally doing so well.

So from everything being so positive to him suddenly dying of heart failure it so hard to take.

The whole time he was very very sick and putting up with such long stretches in hospital, he always said that his two kids aged 8 and 5 were his reason to fight back and get better and he did it.

As soon as he started getting back to the point of being normal Daddy again he dies suddenly.

He will never get to see any of his childrens milestones, in fact he was only talking about his daughters Communion next year a few weeks ago.

I feel like he was robbed of his chance to see his kids grow up and of course of his kids having a loving father around. Like he was alive for three years and so unbelievably sick that he missed out on those years with his kids.

His little boy is only 5 and doesnt even remember his Daddy being healthy and strong just sick and battered from treatments.

I dont even know why Im writing this I just need to get it off my chest I suppose. I feel shocked, angry, devastated, sad, hurt, my heart is breaking for all he and his kids will miss out on so many words so many hurts at this moment.

I feel he was cheated out of his life and to allow him get better only to die suddenly is so wrong.

Like I said it doesnt really make sense but I just felt I had to write it down.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Really sorry about your brother. I lost my older brother suddenly near the end of 2012. My son was only a newborn at the time and our first trip home from the UK was for the funeral. I know it might sound silly, but it makes me so unbearably sad that they hadn't met before he died, even so I can tell my little fella in the future.

Mind yourself, lots of love to you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thanks Jr22 it is so sad when you realise what they are missing out on isnt it.

So sorry your little fella didnt meet his Uncle its all so very unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

No words make it easier. I wish the Internet could give hugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm so, so sorry x I felt very cheated too when my husband died, so many things he would never be or get to see. None of losing someone so young makes sense. Take good care of yourself and your loved ones xx

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thank you for the replies, I know so many people have felt like this.

It's just so raw at the moment, its a physical as well as mental hurt.

Sorry for all your losses too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's understandable that you feel cheated when things finally seemed to be looking up after a long struggle. Sometimes it's hard to find sense in difficult times. Mind yourself and may you take comfort in the support of your family x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

jr22 wrote: »
    Really sorry about your brother. I lost my older brother suddenly near the end of 2012. My son was only a newborn at the time and our first trip home from the UK was for the funeral. I know it might sound silly, but it makes me so unbearably sad that they hadn't met before he died, even so I can tell my little fella in the future.

Mind yourself, lots of love to you and your family.

The same thing happened to me and the hardest thing is to know he won't know my son.

Op I'm so sorry. The truth is you have been robbed as have his kids.

Advertisement