If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL42W654 purchase

Options
  • 27-09-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hello,
           I am looking to buy the Sony Bravia KDL42W654A and wish to know if the set you sell can receive both Saorview and Freeview HD channels from its tuner?

Also is the only difference between the w653a and the w654a the colour of the screen surround?

About the free 5 year warranty on it, would you still do collection from my home in Dublin if I had a problem with it?

I am in north Co. Dublin and including delivery what is your best price please? Any boards.ie discount...? Many thanks, I found your store through this forum!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

earlyapex wrote: »
    Hello,
           I am looking to buy the Sony Bravia KDL42W654A and wish to know if the set you sell can receive both Saorview and Freeview HD channels from its tuner?

Also is the only difference between the w653a and the w654a the colour of the screen surround?

About the free 5 year warranty on it, would you still do collection from my home in Dublin if I had a problem with it?

I am in north Co. Dublin and including delivery what is your best price please? Any boards.ie discount...? Many thanks, I found your store through this forum!
    Hi Earlyapex.

The current price on the Sony 42W654 is £549.00 inc free 5 year warranty.
    Delivery on this screen would come in at £19.95

The only difference between the 654 and the 653 is the surround and in the specs it also lists the 653 with ARC and the 654 without.
    http://www.richersounds.com/compareproducts
    The Sony will pick up both Saorview and Freeview HD as far as I am aware.

The 5 year is an at home warranty and the screen would be collect from your home address.

At the moment there are no boards deals on this screen, sorry!

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Hello,

Hi Earlyapex.

The only difference between the 654 and the 653 is the surround and in the specs it also lists the 653 with ARC and the 654 without.

The 5 year is an at home warranty and the screen would be collect from your home address.

Thanks.
    Can you throw in a HDMI cable please and I will buy the 654.
    When would delivery take place?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hello,

Hi Earlyapex.

Thanks.
    Can you throw in a HDMI cable please and I will buy the 654.
    When would delivery take place?
    Early,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The 42W654 is really tight margin and in quite short supply as well ( not a great combination) however I will throw in an AV links 1.5 mtr HDMI included in the new price of £539.95 - delivery would be an additional £19.95 anywhere in Ireland.

We don't have the 654 in stock locally, but we do have a limited umber in or main Manchester warehouse and we would deliver direct from there - therefore delivery would be slightly longer - but you would def receive it this week!

If you would like to place an order please just PM or email us to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get the delivery details,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.