Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Owners..

Options
  • 28-09-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Howdy all.. ive a gripe to voice.
    I know not all dog owners are the same, but Waterford is particularly bad when it comes to dog owners picking up their dogs.... mess is a nice word.

Today, while out and about, leaves all over the street paths.. i managed to stand in dog sh#t.. not once, but twice.

It annoys me when theres people out there, that care enough to bring their dog for a walk, but dont care about it crapping all over the paths and leaving it to become someone elses problems.

On more than one occasion ive had to clean off my daughters shoes as well.
    If you have a dog and dont clean up after it your a scumbag.

GAAAHHHHHHHHH!

that is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Agreed man!!

I am a dog owner and we never leave the house without the baggies (they are attached to the dog's harness) but i see it so often while walking her that people just stand there watching their dog taking a dump as if they are about to bin it but then they just walk off and leave it... scumbags!

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

your a scumbag if your dog ****s on the street?? haha

what did we years ago with all that white dog **** everywhere,talking about that why isnt there any white dog **** anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Waterford is pretty bad for this alright, esp the Quay I reckon its just folks lack of respect, I am very regularly in the UK and you rarely if ever see this happen, folk just have respect and pride in keeping their place/town tidy over there and always clean up after their dogs.

What we need is bigger fines and proper enforcement, and maybe a name an shame campaign like parking w@nkers on facebook.

I live in Ferrybank and each time I see any owner letting their dog sh1t and them forgetting to clean it up I slow down blow the horn and point at them, I know its working as two prolific offender's don't walk their dogs up near me any more. We also have another issue where the owners do bag the dirt but the then just leave it there on the side of the road or just chuck it into a tree or bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Jambo wrote: »
    Waterford is pretty bad for this alright, esp the Quay I reckon its just folks lack of respect, I am very regularly in the UK and you rarely if ever see this happen, folk just have respect and pride in keeping their place/town tidy over there and always clean up after their dogs.

What we need is bigger fines and proper enforcement, and maybe a name an shame campaign like parking w@nkers on facebook.

I live in Ferrybank and each time I see any owner letting their dog sh1t and them forgetting to clean it up I slow down blow the horn and point at them, I know its working as two prolific offender's don't walk their dogs up near me any more. We also have another issue where the owners do bag the dirt but the then just leave it there on the side of the road or just chuck it into a tree or bush.

Haha i laughed when i read this. Are you some anti sh*t police? If you blew your horn at me and started pointing id point my middle finger in an upward direction. If it bothers you that much dont just blow your horn and point stop your car and tell them you disapprove of their dog sh*tting in the street.

And no i dont leave my dogs sh*t on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Dog-poo-2-002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

yeah the only thing worse than dogsh#t on the street is a baggy with it in it.. so you made half an effort.. and left it there..

beazee wrote: »
    Dog-poo-2-002.jpg

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

S28382 wrote: »
    Haha i laughed when i read this. Are you some anti sh*t police? If you blew your horn at me and started pointing id point my middle finger in an upward direction. If it bothers you that much dont just blow your horn and point stop your car and tell them you disapprove of their dog sh*tting in the street.

And no i dont leave my dogs sh*t on the street.

That's your choice but if your responsible why get so worked up about it, and yes I probably am possibly " some anti sh*t police" as I take pride in the upkeep of my area and and the presentation of surrounding neighbourhood, ! is that a crime? its so disgusting to encounter dog sh*t on the street especially if your walking toddlers and pushing a pram and have to continually play hopscotch to dog sh*t on the footpath just because some individual is lazy and irresponsible.

As well as blowing my horn I have told the responsible persons to pick it up, I have also done likewise when out walking, similarly with flytippers

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I agree with Jambo. Nothing else works with these people. I also walk my dog in Ferrybank and always pick up after him. My dog, my responsibility. I'm sick of walking with my head down so I can watch for dog poo. Also sick of cleaning it off my kids shoes!

It's not exactly hard work to pick it up and drop it into a bin.

Jambo wrote: »
    That's your choice but if your responsible why get so worked up about it, and yes I probably am possibly " some anti sh*t police" as I take pride in the upkeep of my area and and the presentation of surrounding neighbourhood, ! is that a crime? its so disgusting to encounter dog sh*t on the street especially if your walking toddlers and pushing a pram and have to continually play hopscotch to dog sh*t on the footpath just because some individual is lazy and irresponsible.

As well as blowing my horn I have told the responsible persons to pick it up, I have also done likewise when out walking, similarly with flytippers

It was just funny the idea of you blowing your horn and pointing fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its funny how many dog owners don't see this as a big deal,

Its kind of the same as people who just finish eating a bar a chocolate and just dump the wrapper on the street without a second thought. They don't see this as a big deal and dog owners that don't clean up after their dogs are no different to scumbag people that litter.

They don't give a crap about their local area, how it looks or how their lack of care affects other people.. No respect for where they live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

Guys you should try and walk your dog in hillview, large signs posted on ALL green area s stating if dogs are not on a lead or crap on the grass you will be fined 3000 euro. These signs were erected by the Hillview resident s association, the older residents used to meet and chat in the mornings, while walking their dogs but are afraid to do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'd love to see someone (with gloves) pick it up if they saw a dog owner not bother and throw it at them / rub it in their face.

That would learn them good and proper :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

insert scene from me myself and Irene here.

Advertisement