Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Garseys wrote: »
    Im waiting for this to be added to tbe Rovert is right folder :P :pac:

I wonder if WWE are gonna go with "Devitt Prince" as his name :P

They'll prob dye his hair orange and call him Sean or something irish sounding ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Roverts nearly always right, hes the only guy on here that I never doubt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They'll prob dye his hair orange and call him Sean or something irish sounding ha ha!
    Is it bad I can see him being debuted as Hornswaggle's long lost Irish brother who's finally returning home? Uncle Sean from the green island...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

In fairness, Devitt hasn't made his name on being Oirish but rather his ability in ring.

Didn't Sheamus used to carry a sword to the ring when working indies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

In fairness, Devitt hasn't made his name on being Oirish but rather his ability in ring.

Ya and his name was Sheamus O Shuaghnessy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yep he isn't as Orish as Becky Lynch is - someone people who have equal an concern/consternation over in terms having a character whose primary characteristic is that they are Irish. There's not getting around Becky's Irishness.

I think Prince Devitt will have character similar to Adrian Neville. A great wrestler with an accent or less.

He eventually went with face paint, sceptre yoke and full cape in the UK. He worked really hard looking the part in pictures and photoshoots rather than his in ring. It worked obviously - WWE noticed.

Well they didnt slap Wade with an English Gentlemans gimmick when he debuted so maybe theres hope for a WWE Devitt.

Cant wait to see what name (if any) they give him. So have been grand but some have been god awful.

Braden Walker anyone? Michael McGillicutty???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well they didnt slap Wade with an English Gentlemans gimmick when he debuted so maybe theres hope for a WWE Devitt.

Braden Walker anyone? Michael McGillicutty???

Two class acts.

Knock, Knock. Who's there? Braden Walker... And I'm about to knock your lights out.

Or

And starting this moment, from now. From this moment on, this will be the moment. Starting now, of the Genesis of McGillicutty

I'd like state at the very beginning I don't mind people discovering Wrestlers late.

But what has been grinding my gears is elsewhere on like Wreddit and Twitter is that people think the body paint is his gimmick rather than something he fell into.

They are in for a shock if he debut on NXT as the smiling babyface he once was to a WWE rip off version of Joe Esposito's You're the Best Around:

:pac:

rovert wrote: »
    They are in for a shock if he debut on NXT as the smiling babyface he once was to a WWE rip off version of Joe Esposito's You're the Best Around:

:pac:

I actually want this now! Maybe the WWE can afford the real version or have him singing it himself in a Randy Marsh kinda way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Nody wrote: »
    Is it bad I can see him being debuted as Hornswaggle's long lost Irish brother who's finally returning home? Uncle Sean from the green island...

Wouldn't that make him a McMahon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm probably a little slow but I just found out his finisher is called the Bloody Sunday. It's a cool name for a move but can see some people thinking it's controversial.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jester252 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that make him a McMahon?

Iirc, they recto end it that Horny was never Vince's kid, he was Finlay's.

I'm probably a little slow but I just found out his finished is called the Bloody Sunday. It's a cool name for a move but can see some people thinking it's controversial.

I'm curious to see what moves he'll use in WWE. Would the brainbuster and underhook elevated DDT be allowed? The enziguri is used by Alberto and the bicycle kick is sort of similar. Alberto also used a double foot stomp recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm not sure what would be his safest bet for success in WWE. We all know he is gold in the ring, but who will be putting on the five star matches?

The Rock n Rolla or weekly badass paintjob guy?

It's really interesting and intriguing. I think Sheamus is the “Irish guy” Vince wanted his whole career as a promoter and to be fair he has played the gimmick to perfection. Unless he links in with Sheamus I can’t see them putting as much as a lick of green on Devitt. What would you guys like to see? I think the Rock N Rolla gimmick really needs that Bullet Club-like entourage to really be the business. If it worked it would probably have super longevity. Hate using the word enigma because it instantly harkens back to Jeff Hardy but I think Devitt could play an enigmatic dark character with vigour and believably.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Reading through everybody's ideas, I'm filled with excitement. Seriously, is there another free agent (or has just signed, whatever) who could raise as much excitement?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm not sure what would be his safest bet for success in WWE. We all know he is gold in the ring, but who will be putting on the five star matches?

It's really interesting and intriguing. I think Sheamus is the “Irish guy” Vince wanted his whole career as a promoter and to be fair he has played the gimmick to perfection. Unless he links in with Sheamus I can’t see them putting as much as a lick of green on Devitt. What would you guys like to see? I think the Rock N Rolla gimmick really needs that Bullet Club-like entourage to really be the business. If it worked it would probably have super longevity. Hate using the word enigma because it instantly harkens back to Jeff Hardy but I think Devitt could play an enigmatic dark character with vigour and believably.

The face paint schtick works because of the characters he portrays, I imagine he could use the paint at WM in the same way Rey Rey uses his comic costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have him be brought in a Wyatt cultist

ShagNastii wrote: »

I made the point jokingly in my previous post (#283) but neither the paint or the Real Rock N Rolla character is what got WWE's interest. It was him in his traditional whiter than white babyface role. Repeating an old story here but this match got Adrian Neville signed and Prince Devitt added on to WWE's hitlist (they were higher on Devitt between the two). After William Regal personally showed the match below to Triple H:

The highlights if you are too lazy:

It is a good looking fella, he is just under 6ft and even in his most basic matches would be considered a high flyer by WWE's standards. I don't see him being a heel/Real Rock N Rolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Sister Abigail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You better pray gnfnrhead and CSF don't see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I don't know much about him, (I've only seen him wrestle twice), but I really hope they don't call him Fergal. There are fewer names less intimidating than Fergal.

Deadlie wrote: »
    I don't know much about him, (I've only seen him wrestle twice), but I really hope they don't call him Fergal. There are fewer names less intimidating than Fergal.

Devon Ferguson then.

Deadlie wrote: »

He was given the name Prince in Japan because people couldn't pronounce Fergal. Dunno if the WWE would be able to pronounce it. I expect them to give him a name like they do with everyone.

He was given the name Prince in Japan because people couldn't pronounce Fergal. Dunno if the WWE would be able to pronounce it. I expect them to give him a name like they do with everyone.

One of the highlights of the second episode of the current series of The Ultimate Fighter is the Yanks butchering "Cathal" for Cathal Pendred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maurice O' Shaugnessy (Moreeeece O'Shawnessy), Sheamy's thick bogger cousin from Navan. Comes to RAW to settle a planning permission dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

rovert wrote: »
    Devon Ferguson then.

Instant new gimmick.

DBRY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see JBL calling him on commentary..

Now introducing Paddy Power from Temple Bar Dublin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I can imagine JBL: "Prince Devitt, from the mean streets of Bray, Co. Wicklow".

• Advertisement

I can imagine JBL: "Prince Devitt, from the mean streets of Bray, Co. Wicklow".

In fairness I don't think they will bill him from Bray. WWE being WWE. You can't have two Brays.

Advertisement