Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great day for the parish.

Won't go into the ins and outs about how much of a success he will/won't be.

The cream generally rises to the top. You only have to look at the current crop of stars to realise this.

And TBF for lack of a better analogy - Devitt is seriously creamy:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Great day for the parish.

Won't go into the ins and outs about how much of a success he will/won't be.

The cream generally rises to the top. You only have to look at the current crop of stars to realise this.

And TBF for lack of a better analogy - Devitt is seriously creamy:cool:

Not in the WWE sadly. Well not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I know others won't agree and will simply circle jerk but it's the biggest mistake of his career in my mind.

Perhaps, but he who dares wins. He has all the talent to succeed and I like to believe teh cream always rises to the top in most cases. He seems to have the right attitude and some great international experience. He'd be a bigger fool if he didnt try as he would regret not at least giving it a shot.

Fair play to him and I hope he does himself proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Very happy to see him sign. WWE have an unbelievable roster signed to NXT now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gonna take a lot of body paint to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

• Advertisement

I'd nearly say 9 times out of 10.

You can cry Chris Hero but Ambrose, Punk, Bryan, Rollins etc etc all cut from the same cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Garseys wrote: »
    Very happy to see him sign. WWE have an unbelievable roster signed to NXT now.

Agreed and with the talent they have there now both male and female give it till Wrestlemania and they could really run a great NXT Invasion angle.

Pro Wrestler signs with biggest Pro Wrestling company in the world.

Terrible, terrible career move:confused:

Ah lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You can cry Chris Hero but Ambrose, Punk, Bryan, Rollins etc etc all cut from the same cloth.

Even worse case scenario (Chris Hero) Chris made a lot of money the first half of the year with bookings (Wrestling matches & seminars) for days. Punters saw him as overlooked by WWE rather than failure, they were nostalgic for him and excited for all the fresh matches created by the Indy scene changing with wrestlers improving or debutting in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Devitt has nothing to lose almost mid thirties money made already achieved more than he ever dreamed now to try and conquer the last dream left if it doesn't work out he'll still get good work if it does work out sky is the limit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'd nearly say 9 times out of 10.

Only reason Hero didn't make it was because he wasn't bothered to put the work in to make himself look half decent. Great wrestler, terrible look for his style of wrestling. The rest all made an effort with their looks as well as having other exceptional talents. Look at Ambrose now compared to when he first came to FCW, even to when he first broke into the main roster. Looks a lot better now, clearly putting hours in at the gym. If you work WWE will happily give you a shot and see what you can do.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Only reason Hero didn't make it was because he wasn't bothered to put the work in to make himself look half decent. Great wrestler, terrible look for his style of wrestling. The rest all made an effort with their looks as well as having other exceptional talents. Look at Ambrose now compared to when he first came to FCW, even to when he first broke into the main roster. Looks a lot better now, clearly putting hours in at the gym. If you work WWE will happily give you a shot and see what you can do.

His look wasn't a factor at all in his firing. I GENUINELY got the blow by blow the day his release was made public. I believe I posted it on Boards at time. It took Meltzer about a month to report that actual story. I was lucky to get it. I just knew the right mix of people. Two Wrestlers high on the main roster severely disliked him/his attitude also Triple H didn't see anything marketable in him. Triple H wanted him to leave do an Aaron Stevens to Damien Sandow type transition. When Hero was released he was in the best shape of his life and vascular as all hell by his standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Now that the excruciating wait for his signing to be made official is over, the excruciating wait for his NXT debut begins. They'd wanna get that international Network rolled out pretty speedy.

Now that the excruciating wait for his signing to be made official is over, the excruciating wait for his NXT debut begins. They'd wanna get that international Network rolled out pretty speedy.

That's the thing Devitt is a bigger name in the UK than here after his 2014 Indy run. The fecker never did local media here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great news.

I liked the wwe.com write up that made him look like a big deal.

With the people he knows already there and how long WWE seemingly pursued him all signs are good.

I hope he loves living in Florida and is sure to love having the best facilities on hand for training.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Something that hits me with this and the KENTA signings are how much they are pushing NXT as a seperate brand and using the signings to get it recognition.

Should be a fun show with them being added to the mix....

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

you-cant-see-devitt_zps57c70813.gif

Great that Fergal is signed. Just as long as he doesn't become Séan Cena its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,719 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done to him

Should we expect him to be a guest on The Late Late Show's new season :p

Like I said previously make an effort to enjoy this.

The three standouts of the first wave of Irish Pro Wrestling:
    BtqExQKCUAEKNnp.jpg

Credit to @EvilElvisTCB

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats to him. At this rate, NXT is pushing Smackdown out of second place in the required WWE viewing.

Question is now, how long until we see him and KENTA on NXT?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

The news was always inevitable, but still doesnt make it any less great.

Go on ya feckin ride ya, show the yanks how its done

30vWgAvl.jpg

no homo

The main bullet points from his 12 minute interview with PWInsider:

- He had funny playing with the speculation the past few months - it many came from him being blown away by the reaction (hype) to the story of him going to WWE
    - Looking forward to David vs Goliath matches with Big Show and Kane
    - He left New Japan for WWE as he felt too comfortable and complacent
    - Recommends his match last Summer against Gedo and the PAC match
    - Neither confirmed or denied the PAC match got him signed
    - Look as far his first NXT match rather than Wrestlemania
    - His personal message to long time fans is thank you and hopes they stick with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

rovert wrote: »
    - His personal message to long time fans is thank you and hopes they stick with him

Nah, hes gone too mainstream now. I hope he fails in WWE and comes back to the gym halls.

That drawing is terrible all joking aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Delighted to see Fergal finally join the big one.

Still hard to believe his still only 33 after all he has achieved.

His attitude is fantastic and i've no doubts he'll flourish in the WWE.

People saying his making a mistake is actually laugable. The man could be wrestling in front of 80,000 people at Wrestlemania next year. Name any wrestler who doesn't want that....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

That drawing is terrible all joking aside.

its not even a drawing, its just a filter out of microsoft paint.

We can't encourage that "nouveau art" from our youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Digitalism wrote: »
    its not even a drawing, its just a filter out of microsoft paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    - Looking forward to David vs Goliath matches with Big Show and Kane

Surely he meant to say "The Devil's favourite demon"
    Tinie wrote: »
    Nah, hes gone too mainstream now. I hope he fails in WWE and comes back to the gym halls.
    You preferred his earlier stuff? :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement