Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rovert wrote: »
    SOME LAD FROM BRAY ON TMZ

"He's got a bicycle! where did he get a bicycle? "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

"Dusty it's just an excercise bike. It's stationary"

"Eyeh don't cayre baybay heyss got a bicyle, HEYSS GOT A BICYCLE"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dusty has lost a hella lot of weight. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Can't wait to hear A Train doing colour commentary on his matches on NXT... "Wait, I know this guy..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Devitt best friend in New Japan all those years:
    2ccsf95.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Not in the WWE sadly. Well not always.

since the end of hulkamania the cream has risen to the top in wwe 9 times out of 10. bret, shawn, austin, foley, jericho, benoit, guerrero, mysterio, bryan, punk good examples of this.

honestly even after the booking of punk, bryan, rollins, ambrose, cesaro, harper and nxt being built around zayn and neville its still funny to see fans with the mentality that wwe is going to bury every iwc favourite they sign...a mentality that belongs in 2005.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    honestly even after the booking of punk, bryan, rollins, ambrose, cesaro, harper and nxt being built around zayn and neville its still funny to see fans with the mentality that wwe is going to bury every iwc favourite they sign...a mentality that belongs in 2005.

*change their name to something horrible
    *give them a bad gimmick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hoping we get to see him in Dublin in a few weeks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hoping we get to see him in Dublin in a few weeks :P

Imagine the underwhelming pop when it's only the marks who know him!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

The news was always inevitable, but still doesnt make it any less great.

Go on ya feckin ride ya, show the yanks how its done

30vWgAvl.jpg

no homo
    Nice choice of photo. I'll miss fergal. He always played up tot he camera and that made my job easier!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Imagine the underwhelming pop when it's only the marks who know him!

Sami Zayn got that in May. However to the marks credit we go the Olé chants going and he got a decent few cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So, lads, could anyone do me a solid and list out a couple of Devitt's 'must-see' matches? I'm woefully underexposed to his work and am itching to jump on a bandwagon and pretend I was there first-row and day one.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    So, lads, could anyone do me a solid and list out a couple of Devitt's 'must-see' matches? I'm woefully underexposed to his work and am itching to jump on a bandwagon and pretend I was there first-row and day one.

Did this about a year ago. Updated it. Here is what I believe is a concise but rounded synopsis of his body of work.

His old tag team facing the Machine Guns:

The match William Regal showed to Triple H that got Adrian Neville signed and Devitt continued WWE interest:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kqkpg_pac-vs-prince-devitt-njpw-best-of-super-juniors-06-06-2012_sport

Last year's Tokyo Dome match vs Low Ki and Ibushi:

Teasing a heel turn with Tanahashi:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy9w9a_hiroshi-tanahashi-vs-prince-devitt-njpw-41st-anniversary-show_sport

Post heel turn match with Alex Shelley in the Super Juniors tournament final - think panto baddie in front of a crowd ANGRY he is cheating his way to the final of competition he won as a whiter than white babyface:

This year's Tokyo Dome match vs Ibushi:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19h2vv_prince-devitt-vs-kota-ibushi-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-8-2014_sport

A match from his stint on the UK indies after New Japan against Zack Sabre Jr: Devitt is his long time friend & mentor. Superb Wrestler in his own right

Skip to the 1:33:27 mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I personally am very much looking forward to seeing what his promo's are like under the WWE umbrella, and how he copes. It will be interesting anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I also would really recommend this match from last year

Prince Devitt vs Gedo NJPW Kizuna Road 2013
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11unrj_prince-devitt-vs-gedo-njpw-kizuna-road-2013_sport

One of the most hated heels in the past 10 years of New Japan and now co-booker Gedo being a unbelievably great underdog babyface against the evil heel turned Devitt.

Devitt vs Jack Sabre JR is on YouTube I believe. Great match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Devitt vs Jack Sabre JR is on YouTube I believe. Great match

Rovy linked the match above or is that a different one?

Garseys wrote: »
    Rovy linked the match above or is that a different one?

Nope it is the last one linked.

rovert wrote: »
    Nope it is the last one linked.

Bloody phone, didn't show the post.

TJ Hawke offered more matches:
    http://freewrestling.wordpress.com/tag/prince-devitt/

Some high profile stuff some more obscure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Chuffed to have had a few beers with him last week and absolutely delighted for the chap, cant wait to see him in action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Did anyone order the red Prince is Dead shirt from Suplex? It's been about 24 working days and it's not shown up and no reply to an email I sent a few days ago.

Did anyone order the red Prince is Dead shirt from Suplex? It's been about 24 working days and it's not shown up and no reply to an email I sent a few days ago.

I didn't order one but Suplex are usually on the ball with their shipping. Hope it arrives eventually. Pretty cool t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I did 5 wks ago. tweeted them and they sent me an email address to mail. although took four wks for the grey one to get to me in may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I didn't order one but Suplex are usually on the ball with their shipping. Hope it arrives eventually. Pretty cool t-shirt

I ordered from the final batch of which they said there were only 30 left. Kinda wondering whether they'd any left for me :/
    I did 5 wks ago. tweeted them and they sent me an email address to mail. although took four wks for the grey one to get to me in may.

Can I ask what the email was? I emailed a Gmail account as well as info@supplex or something. 4 weeks seems like a very long time. My OSW shirt arrived within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I ordered from the final batch of which they said there were only 30 left. Kinda wondering whether they'd any left for me :/

Can I ask what the email was? I emailed a Gmail account as well as info@supplex or something. 4 weeks seems like a very long time. My OSW shirt arrived within a week.

info@suplexwrestling.com I also ordered the most recent one. We're not the only two waiting another friend of mine in Ireland experienced the same last time & still hasn't received this shirt too.

I ordered from the final batch of which they said there were only 30 left. Kinda wondering whether they'd any left for me :/.My OSW shirt arrived within a week.

I hope you got one on the order anyway. It's a class t-shirt and would definitely be a shame to miss like that.

My OSW was about 2-4 days. I had pre-ordered when Jay announced. WWE euroshop are quite good too. I ordered a Punk hoodie two weeks ago and it arrived within a week.

Suplex are supposed to quite good. Nearly ordered a bullet club tee at one point but decided to wait. Wish I had now after seeing the price by Pro wrestling Tees dot com.

Get some sleep Fergal:
    Bt5eB89CYAIwful.jpg

Him and Kenta

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Judging by that picture his WWE ring name will be CM Devitt :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah, they just need him to grow the sideburns and then do a Sin Cara and debut him as CM Punk. Already have the crowds chanting his name, so why not?

Advertisement