Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My marking out at how surreal this is is blunted by Devitt not fixing his tie:

Bt9M7j7IEAAqXHG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

rovert wrote: »

Bt9M7j7IEAAqXHG.jpg

Really does show the size difference and differing physiques between Devitt and HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Really does show the size difference and differing physiques between Devitt and HHH.

Fergal is fecking chiselled.

He's not the tallest but he looks great and his wrestling talent will do the rest.

How he handles the promos will make or break him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Fergal is fecking chiselled.

He's not the tallest but he looks great and his wrestling talent will do the rest.

How he handles the promos will make or break him.

WWE prefer them big though. (Im aware this isnt always the case. )

beakerjoe wrote: »
    WWE prefer them big though. (Im aware this isnt always the case. )

He dwarfs Daniel Bryan height by about 6 inches. But he is very lean.

Below is his last Irish match and second to last pre-WWE match:

He has bulked up a lot but it looks weird on his frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Given DBs run prior to the injury, I think it's safe to say that being a smaller guy doesn't have the stigma it may have once had.

I've never really bought it myself. Bret, HBK, Eddie, Benoit etc.

I think however a larger guy can have an easier time to make it, whereas smaller guys have to work that bit harder and have a lot of talent.

But in general the cream rises to the top and most of the top guys(big or small) have earned the right to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The two most over guys in the last few years were/are smaller guys Punk & Bryan.

I'd say Vince will love Devitts ripped look even if he isn't huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The two most over guys in the last few years were/are smaller guys Punk & Bryan.

True, though He would rather a Batista size guy rather than a CM Punk size guy

Vince and Stephanie love their Irish roots too. Never forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Having stood next to Devitt recently, i really thought Trips would have been much bigger being honest. Quite surprised by that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Bt9M7j7IEAAqXHG.jpg

He really would have fit in nicely as a member of Evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Bt9M7j7IEAAqXHG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Officer999 wrote: »

Devolution? Get it?!

*No pop*

getmecoat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭briany

Would be funny if Devitt did get a spot in Evolution after Sheamus was so heavily earmarked to get the spot. It raises the greater question, also, of what exactly will happen with Sheamus when Devitt eventually debuts. He may have to modify his gimmick somewhat if he wants to stay relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Vince and Stephanie love their Irish roots too. Never forget that.

They're as Irish as John McCririck but if them believing that helps Becky, Sheamus and Devitt then who cares.

Karl Anderson and Prince Devitt's bond continues:

BuIDdLzCEAASTVv.jpg

Bt-CTIGCAAEfBRA.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Are WWE rings the same size as New Japan's? The latter always looked bigger to me. Wonder how Devitt will find them.

Thw WWE rings are bigger.

That is one of the reasons the WWE insist on wrestlers going down to NXT first to get used to working in a bigger ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Thw WWE rings are bigger.

That is one of the reasons the WWE insist on wrestlers going down to NXT first to get used to working in a bigger ring.

Sin Cara didn't and he never had any proble..oh wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Pentecost wrote: »
    Sin Cara didn't and he never had any proble..oh wait....

Ha, isn't that the exact reason WWE insist on talent going to NXT - after the disaster of Mistico's tenure in WWE?

In terms of Devitt's size, I don't understand how/ why people are comparing him to Punk and Bryan - he is in way better shape than either of those ever were. Look at Punk and Bryan and they just look like normal guys who work out a lot and are carrying normal levels of bodyfat. Look at Devitt next to most normal guys and he looks absolutely ripped. For his frame, it's hard to see how Devitt could possibly get into any better shape naturally!

• Advertisement

I'd be careful calling any Wrestler natural. Lots of people remarked about Devitt seemingly having gyno when he bulked up in New Japan last year.

Obviously he passed the WWE pre-contract screening.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/fergal-devitt-speaks-to-renee-young-after-arriving-at-nxt-wwecom-exclusive-aug-4-26544375
    Irish-born Superstar Fergal Devitt tells Renee Young what it feels like to leave stardom in Japan for NXT, and what the WWE Universe can expect from his in-ring style.

So soft spoken. Renee likes him.

BuOBwNvCEAA_2mX.jpg

He think he just made an enemy in Ambrose :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

As much as id love him to be a dastardly heel, ala Jericho in his prime a decade or so ago, I think WWE will make him a babyface due to the Irish accent, boyish good looks and acrobatic moveset.

But, I hope im wrong, as it seems 99% of new wrestlers that come up from NXT to the main roster, seem to debut as heel's I think. Not sure why though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah, isn't he lovely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Ah bless, you can see the nerves on him there.

Possibly why he talked so low in the video

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Its great to have someone like rovert posting here; Id never even know about half of this stuff WWE are putting up about devitt such as the promo above.

nothing gets past rovert,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

His new name will be Eoin Devitt McLove :pac:

He is soft spoken naturally.

So many people online thought how it was a disgrace that he isn't bypassing developmental - which is silly for a host of reasons and shows a lot of ignorance of what goes on there. His interviews when is talking normally or as a sincere babyface are closer to a Premiership footballer on Match of the Day than a WWE wrestler. He needs to fix that or find a middle ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Ah, isn't he lovely

There's a bit of ultra-babyface Bret Hart vibe from Devitt. You know, just a nice straight guy who is a competitor and prefers to let his actions in the ring do the talking.

Advertisement