Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

was there as much hype/excitement from the irish wrestling fans when sheamus signed to WWE as there is with devitt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

was there as much hype/excitement from the irish wrestling fans when sheamus signed to WWE as there is with devitt?

That situation was really weird. I remember stuff in the papers alright he had a relatively high media profile - his business manager owned the Showbiz.ie, he had his own website with lots of Press photos etc. I could probably dig up the thread on Boards too

But for a bunch of reasons Sheamus was kind of disliked and resented. I know a lot of Wrestlers and people who would attend Irish Indy shows who thought he would be EXPOSED in FCW (WWE's developmental before NXT). I was kind of in the same boat to be honest. Wasn't fussed about him in FCW or his early days on ECW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

rovert wrote: »
    He is soft spoken naturally.

So many people online thought how it was a disgrace that he isn't bypassing developmental - which is silly for a host of reasons and shows a lot of ignorance of what goes on there. His interviews when is talking normally or as a sincere babyface are closer to a Premiership footballer on Match of the Day than a WWE wrestler. He needs to fix that or find a middle ground.

I know I'm gonna get hammered for this, but I thought that promo was poor for WWE standards.

Too soft-spoken, too doe-eyed.

I'm rooting for Devitt to make it in NXT and then WWE, but he'll have to up his promo game considerably. He has the physical side nailed, he has an excellent physical charisma, but I think he needs to command the camera and be more forceful when speaking to really capture the wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I know I'm gonna get hammered for this, but I thought that promo was poor for WWE standards.

I'm rooting for Devitt to make it in NXT and then WWE, but he'll have to up his promo game considerably. He has the physical side nailed, he has an excellent physical charisma, but I think he needs to command the camera and be more forceful when speaking to really capture the wider audience.

Ah here, the bloke has close to zero experience with a mic and he was surely nervous. He'll improve. He's living his dream, can't blame him for being a bit starstruck.

That's what NXT is for.

And i'm glad he's starting in NXT. I don't want to be deprived of him going up against Generico, KENTA, Steen, Kidd etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

To be fair it wasn't a promo or an interview with a performer in character.

It was simply a welcome interview for the website.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah I assumed those "welcome" interviews are out of character even, and not real promos.

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah I assumed those "welcome" interviews are out of character even, and not real promos.

They are not real promos but his babyface interviews are largely the same.

He helped with putting together Charlotte and Bailey match at an NXT live event yesterday. Also he watched Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn very closely supposedly (don't know if you could characterise it as "as a fan") but he has said he really wants to Wrestle both.

He's eager/active at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

rovert wrote: »
    He helped with putting together Charlotte and Bailey match at an NXT live event yesterday. Also he watched Adrian Neville vs PAC very closely supposedly (don't know if you could characterise it as "as a fan") but he has said he really wants to Wrestle both.

He's eager/active at least.

Neville must be awesome if he can wrestle himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's like Superman in Superman 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Adiboo wrote: »

Adiboo wrote: »

Sami Zayn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

HE LOST!!! :eek::eek::confused::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Ref being a champ and doing sound effects for the punches and slaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

HE LOST!!! :eek::eek::confused::pac::pac:

Well he was fighting Shawn Michaels' former partner, God

4/10 face watching the last night at Cocoa Beach, Florida:

DSC06917_zpsdc26a128.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thats a bit stalkery

From him and the person talking the pic :p

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thats a bit stalkery

It is Devitt's low budget Sting character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

My Prince is Dead Devitt shirt never came 40 odd days later so have had to open a Paypal dispute. Shame as it was a cool shirt I was looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

My Prince is Dead Devitt shirt never came 40 odd days later so have had to open a Paypal dispute. Shame as it was a cool shirt I was looking forward to.

I mailed them they replied saying they were looking into it, that was 12 days ago mailed them again yesterday because I heard nothing back and no reply.

• Advertisement

I mailed them they replied saying they were looking into it, that was 12 days ago mailed them again yesterday because I heard nothing back and no reply.

Same. I got a reply about a week later which said I had landed in their spam folder. I had sent emails to three different addresses mind you and haven't heard anything since.

Bit weird as Suplex Apparel have fairly notable names signed on for merch and they pay for ads in FSM so I assumed they were fine. Their Paypal account is someone's name like it's a personal account not a business. I've seen Tweets sent to them on Twitter about stuff not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Same. I got a reply about a week later which said I had landed in their spam folder. I had sent emails to three different addresses mind you and haven't heard anything since.

Bit weird as Suplex Apparel have fairly notable names signed on for merch and they pay for ads in FSM so I assumed they were fine. Their Paypal account is someone's name like it's a personal account not a business. I've seen Tweets sent to them on Twitter about stuff not showing up.

I raised a dispute there now too on ebay. I also ordered the Devitt "this is the beginning T shirt" which I see from their twitter was shipped out a wk ago thou I haven't received that either. I'm gonna tweet out now to them that I havent gotten either nor have they responded to my mails, might give them a kick up the arse :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Never got my shirt either. About 6/7 weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

For what it's worth I've bought from them multiple times and never had any problems. Always quick delivery too. Very strange to hear multiple people have the same issue. The two lads that run it are sound enough so I assume it's some genuine mistake and they'll sort you out, eventually once you push them.

Lurking in the shadows:
    BvH0cVHIIAE6WHS.jpg

Devitt can't compete with Enzo Amore:

10570063_566810460111694_74772194_n.jpg

The girl on the opposite of Bailey is NXT's Carmella (Leah Van Damme) she does an Italian Mob Queen type gimmick. Sometimes comes out with Enzo and Big Cas at NXT Live Events. She worked a dark match on the last NXT taping losing to Nattie so she might be debutting soonish.

Recieved my refund on the Devitt Prince is Dead t-shirt after opening a dispute through Paypal. Suppose that is an admission from Supplex Wrestling/Apparel/Media that they never posted it in the first place. Have been ordering stuff online from Britain for nearly ten yeara and have never had anything get lost in the post.

Was looking forward to the shirt and all.

Recieved my refund on the Devitt Prince is Dead t-shirt after opening a dispute through Paypal. Suppose that is an admission from Supplex Wrestling/Apparel/Media that they never posted it in the first place. Have been ordering stuff online from Britain for nearly ten yeara and have never had anything get lost in the post.

Was looking forward to the shirt and all.

@PocketVolcano aka Jennifer told me the same story to you. She has of yet went to Paypal.

If it was the same shirt and she's not got it by now I doubt it will be coming. I reckon the demand surpassed the supply and they seem to have an iffy setup - multiple different emails including a Gmail one that came with order confirmation and what appears to be a personal email linked to their Paypal.

I opened a dispute which is what you do prior to a claim where Paypal makes a judgement. They sent me the refund about 5 biz days after the dispute. Odd as they seem to cultivate a fan-friendly image on Twitter and Facebook.

Caveat emptor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just after seeing him with the facepaint again in the NXT thread.

Probably a bit unpopular but I would love to see Davitt with a dark brooding character like crow Sting or Undertaker. He would be trodding on Takers toes because he is basically finished at this stage. Plus it would let him do all his talking in the ring.

Advertisement