Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My buddy's blog dug up this match:

Via: http://freewrestling.wordpress.com/2005/11/12/fergal-devitt-vs-osirus-from-mwf-2005/
    The match got off to a slow start. Neither man could get firm control. Osirus hit a dropkick and seemed to be on the verge of a comeback. Devitt cut him off with a beautiful dropkick. Osirus tried to get the fans into a comeback, but then just went for a cross armbreaker. Devitt avoided it and applied a knee bar (I believe). Fergal dragged him to the center of the ring, and Osirus tapped out.

This match is only for Fergal Devitt fans who want to see a very early match of his. If that alone does not interest you (as it did me), I do not recommend this match for viewing. Devitt showed promise as an athlete here for sure, but I’m not sure Osiris was much of a talent based on this match. I’d be curious to learn whatever happened to him though.

Said it before I thought Devitt was good but nothing WWE would hire back. The US general was a no go due to Visas. He fell on his feet to an extraordinary degree when New Japan spotted him. Sheamus was aggressively boring to me. Rebecca Knox (quite you) was the sizzle and had the highest prospects of the three.

Devitt upper body was already really good for an Indy guy here.

Devitt the biggest bad ass in the room:

BvzYMYxIIAEVhVd.jpg

Obviously Devitt and Albert in the front.

In the middle Tiger Hattori - legendary New Japan referee, Devitt's translator and powerbroker/office person

the back New Japan's Tama Tonga and his brother ex-WWE's Camacho and Tonga & Camacho's father HAKU/MENG

From this weekend:

He is really implying strongly the paint is staying on his Twitter this weekend:
    https://twitter.com/fergaldevitt/status/503674241733390336

Not a huge fan myself but whenever it is referenced online it REALLY gets people's interest and motivation. Obviously that's most of the battle for a Wrestler.

10632545_963719036987414_428548260_n.jpg

• Advertisement

From the WWE Offical Youtube

SPEAK UP FERGAL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Recieved my refund on the Devitt Prince is Dead t-shirt after opening a dispute through Paypal. Suppose that is an admission from Supplex Wrestling/Apparel/Media that they never posted it in the first place. Have been ordering stuff online from Britain for nearly ten yeara and have never had anything get lost in the post.

Was looking forward to the shirt and all.

I've yet to hear anything back since aug 14th when they offered me a refund. So far they've ignored three mails a direct mail on twitter and tweets. Think it's too late now to raise a dispute too on paypal not sure what to do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I've yet to hear anything back since aug 14th when they offered me a refund. So far they've ignored three mails a direct mail on twitter and tweets. Think it's too late now to raise a dispute too on paypal not sure what to do now?

Is it not 90 days after that you can make a claim? On mobile here so can't check. A claim is where PP make a judgement on the case. I only opened a dispute and Suplex issued the refund without challenging it

If you have Twitter, bring it up there. They can't like negative publicity.

I unsubscribed from their email list and left them a snotty message when their site asked why I didn't want their emails anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Got my "this is just the beginning" T in the post yesterday lads. That was the one they brought out after You guys ordered... Took 4 weeks to arrive for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Got my "this is just the beginning" T in the post yesterday lads. That was the one they brought out after You guys ordered... Took 4 weeks to arrive for me!

I got that last wk too. Anyways tweeting them did the trick, sorted it over twitter and have received a refund now! Shame though I really did want that shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    From the WWE Offical Youtube

SPEAK UP FERGAL
    The childish wave from Sami at the end makes that video ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Out of curiosity, how long is it normally until a signing like this hits the screen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

harney wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how long is it normally until a signing like this hits the screen?

I'm pretty sure it varies, and no matter how good the wreslter was for other companies, it doesn't mean they will be a straight to main roster in WWEs opinion.

So for devitt, it could be a few months to a couple of years. I personally hope they take their time and come up with something very good for him as I dont want him to be fecked up from the minute he appears on RAW.

There's an Irish TV Fergal Devitt documentary in the works?

Are you asking me or telling me?!

Deadly if there is one in the way from one of the terrestrial stations. Would much rather him represent wrestling in Ireland and Irish wrestlers than the other fella.

Are you asking me or telling me?!

Deadly if there is one in the way from one of the terrestrial stations. Would much rather him represent wrestling in Ireland and Irish wrestlers than the other fella.

Mark Dallas said it on Colt's podcast this week. Dallas is the promoter of ICW - home promotion of Grado. BBC are making a follow up documentary on ICW and ICW may get a TV deal for their Wrestling shows. In all that he mentioned that an Irish broadcaster was working on a Devitt documentary. The documentary team were filming at Devitt's ICW appearances.

Cool. Hadn't listened to Colt's podcast.

"Irish broadcaster" may mean TV3 after the success of McGregor's fight. Can't see RTE touching him just yet all due respect of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Digitalism wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it varies, and no matter how good the wreslter was for other companies, it doesn't mean they will be a straight to main roster in WWEs opinion.

So for devitt, it could be a few months to a couple of years. I personally hope they take their time and come up with something very good for him as I dont want him to be fecked up from the minute he appears on RAW.

I meant the pre Raw / Smackdown shows. NXT? Is it a similar time scale (months) until he is expected to hit tv land there?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Cool. Hadn't listened to Colt's podcast.

"Irish broadcaster" may mean TV3 after the success of McGregor's fight. Can't see RTE touching him just yet all due respect of course.

Oh I hope it's RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fergal seems genuinely humbled and eager to learn in that video. Those traits seem to be key in making it so he'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I hope so, although you see weird cases like Cesaro getting buried now for reasons completely unknown.

Ron Burgundy ?? I have not heard of one being done. Its one i would like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The McGregor doccumentary on RTÉ was fantastic. I hope it's the same crowd doing it. Could be really interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

What's icw? I know a guys working on a wrestling in Ireland documentary who had a sit down interview with him during some of his appearances here before he went to the States. Last I heard Devitt isn't the main focus but rather a contributor to the overall picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It'd be unusual for RTE/TV3 not to hint at stuff they're working on.

Could be an independent production that hope to sell it off to RTE or TV3 when complete.

What's icw? I know a guys working on a wrestling in Ireland documentary who had a sit down interview with him during some of his appearances here before he went to the States. Last I heard Devitt isn't the main focus but rather a contributor to the overall picture.

Insane Championship Wrestling. Wrestling promotion based in Glasgow, Scotland. Has a rabid following.

Watch Insane Fight Club on Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Insane Championship Wrestling. Wrestling promotion based in Glasgow, Scotland. Has a rabid following.

Watch Insane Fight Club on Youtube.

Ah okay. Wouldn't be the guys I know. They interviewed him in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

go to ronanmccloskey.com/cv/

He mentions an upcoming show about Devitt. I think Reality Bites are the same crowd thet made McGregor's doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

He's brilliant.

He did the Fit Finleys doc and also I believe Colin and Graham's Excellent Adventures, don't know if anyone remembers that on RTE a few years ago, very enjoyable little series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Very much looking forward to a Devitt documentary. Checking the above link, some of it seems to be filmed in Japan as well.

Advertisement