Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

http://instagram.com/p/tZDZK5IzXJ/ can't wait to see this.

November 6th for Finn Balor's debut.

Know six fans who said the presentation was spectacular. Devitt's music WWE main event tier awesome. Sample:
    Epic sounding metal final boss video game music. It cannot be done justice. This debut is one of the best moments in wrestling history that I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

For anyone wondering
    Devitt and Kenta (Itami) are teaming together to take on the Ascension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

http://youtu.be/CtOl-0imIqU

Thsts some pop Devitt gets!! Great entrance in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dev...Balor looked awesome. Lol at the ref freaking at Hideo not posing long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Wow.
    Bálor and Itami as a tag team **** YES!

In the words of Matt Striker: I'm marking out bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I looked at it on my mobile this morning and seemed to see Carnage Devitt beside the FINN BALOR on the Titnatron. But can't see it on the desktop. Was I seeing something?It flashes and flashes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That's a fantastic theme they've given him. So Finn Bálor, somebody get onto George Hook and tell him to teach JBL how to pronounce that properly

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I looked at it on my mobile this morning and seemed to see Carnage Devitt beside the FINN BALOR on the Titnatron. But can't see it on the desktop. Was I seeing something?It flashes and flashes

At about 2:47, there seems to
    be some negative image of him on screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

MrMac84 wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/CtOl-0imIqU

Thsts some pop Devitt gets!! Great entrance in fairness!

Have to say that when I saw the name originally, I thought it was awful. Having seen that clip and how the name and theme fit in together, I am happy to say that I was wrong in my original judgement of the name.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The picture looks more like Tolkien's Balrog than the Celtic Balor, but it's still cool to see him bringing the history/mythology of his name to the masses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Youtube pulled his debut vid.

Any others floating around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

think itl take time before Finn can sound like a potentially intimidating name again to me like when I first hear about the its connection with Irish Mythology and connected it in my mind with a great warrior but... I think WWE know they are onto something with Devitt (Balor). His Debut wasn't that amazing and although I really like it neither is his music but something just clicked for me as I watched it and no matter how many times ive seen him before in Japan and elsewhere right now I firmly believe Fergal will be a huge star in the WWE and I actually think that KENTA (Itami) would be lucky to be his tag partner long term cos that fellah from bray is going places.

They made The Ascension look like right chumps too

Good things about the video: Devitt is still very much Devitt, even if his name has changed. Mannerisms, wrestling style, taunts. Brillant
    The double footed stomp is still there, as is the dropkick to an opponent down in the corner. I was worried about WWE saying he couldn't use them anymore. Hopefully he still uses Bloody Sunday as his finisher
    He is super over. I know the Full Sail crowd are traditionally awesome but that roar when his name came on the screen even outmatched KENTA's for his debut
    They are obviously booking him as a big threat, good to see

Bad things: The Ascension are clearly being trained on what it's going to be like on the main roster. They were absolute beasts until they lost the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Devitt & KENTA as a tag team is a great idea bring them up together and when they split that fued could be awesome if they are aloud to go at it Japanese style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Odds of him and KENTA making cameos in the Rumble, ala Rusev this year?

leggo wrote: »

I am just crossing fingers he will be in Dublin in November :D

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Would be awesome if Kenta and Devitt teamed until the Rumble, made their debut, and then Devitt betrays Kenta by eliminating him from the Rumble. They feud all the way to WM 31, would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Name is grand and theme is cool.

Good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Somebody said Prince Balor would've been cool and I have to agree. Would have linked to his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Love the theme.

I can envision the internet/crowd exploding at his hopefully surprise debut on Raw to that theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Badass theme. Gives the sense that devitt/balor is a dark marauding character who will kick ass and take names

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Love the theme.

I can envision the internet/crowd exploding at his hopefully surprise debut on Raw to that theme.

Great theme. Just screams "he's a big deal" to a casual observer I reckon. You'd immediately sit up and take notice when it hits. I think he could be a really big hit with a bit of luck and given the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Pissing me off hearing peoples thoughts about the name... It's a name lads, chillax.

Hunter Hurst Helmsley, Rocky Miavia etc etc who gives a **** what the name is, the name will be irrelevant, look at music bands, most names are ****e, if the music is good the name becomes good. The only reason people are mad is because the name isn't KENTA or isn't Prince Devitt - once they signed it never would be. People on Twitter giving out about WWE giving them awful names - they both picked their names.

People need to stop complaining about stupid things, majority of us (I assume) love Dolph Ziggler, and we never care about his name... who gives a ****.

Will they be used, used well, etc, thats what matters a name is made by the person using it... not the other way around. Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    Pissing me off hearing peoples thoughts about the name... It's a name lads, chillax.

Hunter Hurst Helmsley, Rocky Miavia etc etc who gives a **** what the name is, the name will be irrelevant, look at music bands, most names are ****e, if the music is good the name becomes good. The only reason people are mad is because the name isn't KENTA or isn't Prince Devitt - once they signed it never would be. People on Twitter giving out about WWE giving them awful names - they both picked their names.

People need to stop complaining about stupid things, majority of us (I assume) love Dolph Ziggler, and we never care about his name... who gives a ****.

Will they be used, used well, etc, thats what matters a name is made by the person using it... not the other way around. Calm down.

Often the name is the first impression someone makes. A bad name straight away leaves a bad first impression. That can be very hard to recover from. Also, notice how your two examples very quickly got their names changed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Often the name is the first impression someone makes. A bad name straight away leaves a bad first impression. That can be very hard to recover from. Also, notice how your two examples very quickly got their names changed?

Plus in this case people actually seem to be alright with the name. Normally he may have a point though

Advertisement