Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Interesting debut in how he was presented, the kind of presence you normally see from a big man and or big deal, Strike/Move pose repeat.

On the name I don't see anything to get worked up about, not out of place with Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Randy Orton etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    Interesting debut in how he was presented, the kind of presence you normally see from a big man and or big deal, Strike/Move pose repeat.

On the name I don't see anything to get worked up about, not out of place with Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Randy Orton etc.
    John Cena is his real name right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ya but its pronounced "Chay Nah"

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

how come they never changed CM Punks name when he came to WWE?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

iirc, Heyman fought for the Punk name to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was a deal Paul Heyman got for him as far as I know. They agreed on the basis that they never thought he would be a massive deal. We all know how that worked out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I went to the Devitt CCW Seminar in Cork back in July I just went along to watch as I wasn't a wrestler they were doing lock ups in pairs I was was on my own and he came over to lock up with me just as he was about to lock up I said I had no pro wrestling experience/training he laughed and showed me how to do it was a little intimidating meeting him but he was sound out
    10422111_330930487057822_959512670696626739_n_zps72a52faa.jpg
    10553523_330930500391154_826047446854308842_n_zps16ccdc4d.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

To add to the coolness of Devitt's debut both his parents were apparently in attendance to see it.

They went to a lot of New Japan shows in their time supporting him so this was a continuation of that. They have been in attendance for a lot of his best career moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    To add to the coolness of Devitt's debut both his parents were apparently in attendance to see it.

They went to a lot of New Japan shows in their time supporting him so this was a continuation of that. They have been in attendance for a lot of his best career moments.

Is that Devitt doc finished for broadcast? I suppose it's wishful thinking that his WWE debut would end it somewhow.

Where is this doc going to air? online somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

RTE 2 most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where is this doc going to air? online somewhere?
    RTÉ announced their autumn schedule and it will feature a documentary charting Devitt’s final days in Japan. ‘Smack Em Up’ takes Fergal from training in Ireland’s Main Stage Wrestling gym right through to Japan as he talks of his old 6,000-mile commute in search of a dream. The documentary is produced by Ronan McCloskey (who previously covered wrestling in Ireland with The Fit Finlays documentary) and will air in the coming months. RTÉ are believed to have been attracted to cover pro-wrestling having witnessed the success of ‘The Notorious’ documentary on Conor McGregor (which was also announced for a 6-episode follow-on series) and it’s great to see such a huge market finally get attention from the national broadcaster.

http://balls.ie/wrestling/watch-sneak-peak-irish-wwe-wrestler-fergal-devitts-upcoming-rte-documentary/

2d7a5b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Is that Devitt doc finished for broadcast? I suppose it's wishful thinking that his WWE debut would end it somewhow.

It's in the editing stage, I'd imagine close to finishing. It'll be on RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is that t-shirt legit? i would by it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I went to the Devitt CCW Seminar in Cork back in July I just went along to watch as I wasn't a wrestler they were doing lock ups in pairs I was was on my own and he came over to lock up with me just as he was about to lock up I said I had no pro wrestling experience/training he laughed and showed me how to do it was a little intimidating meeting him but he was sound out
    10422111_330930487057822_959512670696626739_n_zps72a52faa.jpg
    10553523_330930500391154_826047446854308842_n_zps16ccdc4d.jpg

They're gonna be chanting for you on Raw tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Devitt being a legend about his name
    BylT_isCIAA9qa2.jpg
    For anyone who doesn't know Finn the human is the main character in a cartoon show called Adventure Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Devitt being a legend about his name
    For anyone who doesn't know Finn the human is the main character in a cartoon show called Adventure Time

Link too what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Link too what?
    Fixed!

How are they planning on pronouncing it?

Baller surely?

Baylor?

Baloor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Baller surely?

Baylor?

Baloor?

Ball-er
    Bay-lor
    Ba-loor

Hmmm I like the last way
    Kinda like the balon dior in football

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Baller surely?

Baylor?

Baloor?

Finn :pac:

Baller surely?

Baylor?

Baloor?

There's a fada over the a which would make it bawl-er.

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's a fada over the a which would make it bawl-er.

For us maybe, but the NXT commentators? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Baa-lore (Least that's how I pronounce his name in work when we discuss the character and such).

I love the name, as someone who works with Irish mythology daily I love seeing it referenced more and more to wider audience, plus it's two of my favourite characters so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Are the rumors that Bálor's
    potential upgrade to the main roster as part of a new tag team complete bull, fantastic news, or an early death knell
    ? I've never watched NXT, so I'm already curious to see him there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Would rather they'd steer clear of the mythology angle. We've already got one celtic warrior. Not much you can do with his accent though I suppose. If he's good he can always pivot the character later into something else later anyway.

Well set up for a feud with Cena?

"I go hard in the paint. You ain't no baller!"

Well the Devitts were definitely there.
    http://instagram.com/p/t3qfH8NxvW/

From an Irish POV they are pretty deadly. Imagine if Devitt was told in 2000 Wrestling will get you nowhere and to get a trade son the Construction trade is built to last.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who ordered the irish coffee?

• Advertisement

JUST decided that WWE should package him as "Mickey" Finn Bálor.

Advertisement