Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ONE MORE WEEK LADS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

..... til we find out how to pronounce his name!!!

..... til we find out how to pronounce his name!!!

This podcast has the scoop:

https://twitter.com/ShakeThemRopes/status/527879321172840448

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm gonna take a guess and say "Finn Baylor"

Can't see them pronouncing it "Finn Balore" if they included the fada.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Baa lowr

Is how I was reading it

Looking forward to nxt all through November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The thoughts of WWE lumping with him a "Keeping up Appearances" gimmick.

giphy.gif

FANS: "LETS GO BAIL-ER"

DEVITT: "Finn Bal-ur darlings!!!! Finn Bal-ur"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

And Hideo is Richard having to put up with his ****.

Coming soon to the WWE Network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If it's anything other than Baa-Lore the folklorist in me will scream!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whenever I see Balor this always pops into my mind.

A-fada is pronounced "aw" (at least in Munster anyway).

So Bálor should be pronounced "Bawlor" or "Baller". "Baylor" is surely way off the mark. That would be Bélor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They should have just given him a regular Irish name and done a Conor McGregor gimmick. Fergal Devitt or something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »

Could barely hear it. Did she say Bay-lure? My Irish is terrible but I'm sure the fada would make Bálor pronounced Bah-lore. Baylor is too close to Bailey.

I spoiled his debut for myself by watching phone cam footage on Youtube. The TV production should make him come off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

If it's anything other than Baa-Lore the folklorist in me will scream!

I have to agree with tbc, I've only ever heard of Baa-lor.
    A-fada is pronounced "aw" (at least in Munster anyway).

So Bálor should be pronounced "Bawlor" or "Baller". "Baylor" is surely way off the mark. That would be Bélor.

I have to agree with Ayatolla, that fada makes Baw-lor.

Feck ... I'm gonna be cringing either way :(

Baa-Lore would also mean there'd have to be a fada over the "o", which would have it as "Balór".

Either way, I highly doubt they've got it right.

Itami is bringing in the RA:

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/528212597607497728

One of benefits of November 3rd launch and the free month everyone on here should be able to see his debut next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was wondering when he'd drop @fergaldevitt altogether obviously had to do it ahead of his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm not surprised, but he seems to be very popular already among the locker room. I doubt Dusty Rhodes takes time to teach every new signing how to drive (especially if they weren't in the NFL). It could've so easily gone the other way for him: people could've thought, "Who is this guy and what's the big deal?" while using his reserved personality as a stick to (unfairly) beat him with. In fact that's probably more likely for a big indie sensation entering a place where a lot of people probably hadn't even heard of him. So it's a sign that he's playing things to perfection so far and expectations should still be high!

leggo wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, but he seems to be very popular already among the locker room. I doubt Dusty Rhodes takes time to teach every new signing how to drive (especially if they weren't in the NFL). It could've so easily gone the other way for him: people could've thought, "Who is this guy and what's the big deal?" while using his reserved personality as a stick to (unfairly) beat him with. In fact that's probably more likely for a big indie sensation entering a place where a lot of people probably hadn't even heard of him. So it's a sign that he's playing things to perfection so far and expectations should still be high!

You raise fair concerns but it was always going to go one way with Fergal. After KENTA, Devitt and Steen were signed Triple H issued an official edict to all staff and especially the coaches that Wrestler's pasts matters. I could outline for days how many ways that changes things and entire history of developmental and "others" vs "brothers" culture. It already has really changed the tryout process too for example another Ricochet situation probably won't happen again. Once Triple H took the selfie I knew he and the other two lads were grand:

BxRxU8yCMAASLvn.jpg

Even if that change didn't take place you people like Regal, Brookside, Tensai, Zayn, Neville etc on his side. Also Becky and Sasha gave the other girls the full score on him too. Obviously Devitt was going to be over with yanks as he is Irish and good looking but Becky is pretty popular with the Wrestlers so anyone associated with her was going to welcome.

I can't emphasise enough how much and by what distance he is held as the #1 guy in developmental and the degree of star he comes across on future episodes according to every account I sought out. Always a smart and hardworking guy but now he is really his the head down. I think how much he was "coasting" in New Japan may come apparent pretty quick too.

Two fecking days lads

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/529452985697710081

https://twitter.com/HideoItami/status/529462057675280384

Too bad it is head to head with the Dublin Live Event

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Too bad it is head to head with the Dublin Live Event

Was going to say....any hints that maybe he's travelling over here for Thursday?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was going to say....any hints that maybe he's travelling over here for Thursday?

Heavily doubt it. Would have dropped the hint by now.

Becky is ruled out for sure. She's probably be on the NXT Lakeland, Florida show the same night as Dublin and she IS appearing for NXT on Saturday:
    https://twitter.com/GotchStyleWWE/status/529706605366231040

0 Days

Debuted in Australia (first airing in the World)

https://twitter.com/CageTheDojo/status/530216737304633345

9pm Irish time on WWE network. looking forward to it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The hype lads, the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Lads if I dont have the network, which I dont. When can i see this

Sky Sports, tonight if I'm not mistaken :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sky Sports, tonight if I'm not mistaken :-/

Thursday night at midnight im sure

Apparently they've edited out the part of his entrance that has Prince Devitt on the tron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Advertisement