Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Apparently they've edited out the part of his entrance that has Prince Devitt on the tron.

Ah that's mad.... Bet they won't edit out the Pop he got when Devitt came up on the tron!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

So happy for Fergal and everything he is set to achieve. Can't wait to hear that pop. Devitt abu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I won't get to see this until tomorrow now, but I am really looking forward to seeing his debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

That pop! They really made him look like the star that he is. Looking forward to hearing him on the mic now. He just does all the little things so well, and his theme song is awesome (probably one of the best WWE themes in quite a while).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Apparently they've edited out the part of his entrance that has Prince Devitt on the tron.

Yeah they did.

I watched camera phone footage of this weeks ago but got goosebumps watching it edited together all the same. Doing the shakey cam, Michael Bay editing stuff on workers who can move fast seems a bit overkill but that's the deal I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If anyone wants to watch it before tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The WWE/NXT sound production is massively disappointing they sweetened the reaction to the point the MONSTER pop was totally levelled down. Some who was there DM'd on Twitter his disappointment. The Youtube clip was faithfully to what it sounded like live. I know camera phone footage can make things sound louder than they are but the reaction was genuinely huge live.

I noticed the audio tinkering. You probably couldn't create that sound naturally in that building as it's too small. The added crowd noise sounds like it was lifted from an arena show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its actually Sky Sports 4 at 1 am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Finn Bahhlor.

They got it wrong. Ugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

His music really is awesome.

DM_7 wrote: »
    His music really is awesome.

Final Fantasy boss music.

7bzhBL.jpg

fergaldevitt_1_full_20140926.png

His profile is up on WWE.com:
    http://www.wwe.com/superstars/finnbalor

He's correctly billed from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. WWE being WWE I feared Dublin, Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

From his profile
    What Finn Bálor has planned for the future is a mystery, but one thing is clear: the future starts with him.

NICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

He is in such a good position to be honest. Already being but over as an absolute beast, that WWE.com profile is very much "This is our guy" type of writing, doesn't drink much, consummate professional, great ability and and a great look. Hard to see him not being a multi-time world champion to be honest.

Only thing is he's a bit small, so he'd have to reach Daniel Bryan type levels of being over to be considered by current hierarchy.

Only thing is he's a bit small, so he'd have to reach Daniel Bryan type levels of being over to be considered by current hierarchy.
    Nah, Daniel Bryan never had "The look" to be fair. Balor (feels weird saying that) has a great face and a great body. Plus he is a Triple H signing. Can't see him not doing well.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Plus he is a Triple H signing. Can't see him not doing well.
    *Cough* qOze0.gif *Cough*

*Cough* qOze0.gif *Cough*
    So you're point about him not being pushed because he is a Triple H signing is Sin Cara? That's like saying the reason an orange isn't included in a salad is because it's not a tomato. Sin Cara fcuked up his run in WWE, not Triple H. And Sin Cara had plently of chances to become a big guy in the company but HE failed every time. Can't imagine Balor being anywhere near that botchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Regal says Balor is 'Demon King' as Gaeilge. Is it really?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

And didn't Sin Cara skip nxt/development which Finn hasn't so will have adjusted better to the style

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Deadlie wrote: »
    Regal says Balor is 'Demon King' as Gaeilge. Is it really?

It's more like Balor was king of a demon like race, not that it literally translates to demon king.

So you're point about him not being pushed because he is a Triple H signing is Sin Cara? That's like saying the reason an orange isn't included in a salad is because it's not a tomato. Sin Cara fcuked up his run in WWE, not Triple H. And Sin Cara had plently of chances to become a big guy in the company but HE failed every time. Can't imagine Balor being anywhere near that botchy.

No my point is just because he's a HHH signing won't make much of a difference. It's all down to himself at the end of the day.

No my point is just because he's a HHH signing won't make much of a difference. It's all down to himself at the end of the day.
    .... I never made the point that it wasn't down to him. You said he would have to work as hard as Daniel Bryan to get any reignition from the current hierarchy, I made a different point. You don't get handed much in WWE, you need some level of talent. I'm just saying Devitt has all the tools to be a multiple-time World Champion

Edit: But being a Triple H signing will definitely mean he will get a big push when he does move up to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd be amazed if Devitt doesn't win the strap at least once.

Devitt v Steen, Devitt v Orton, Devitt v Ambrose, Devitt v Rollins. So many sick feuds.

Exciting times for Irish wrestling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

He is in such a good position to be honest. Already being but over as an absolute beast, that WWE.com profile is very much "This is our guy" type of writing, doesn't drink much, consummate professional, great ability and and a great look. Hard to see him not being a multi-time world champion to be honest.

It can't hurt to have a good write up on WWE.com but it's worth noting that Vince doesn't pay too much attention to whats posted on .com & social-media. Joey Styles is head of that. Vince couldn't give a ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if Devitt doesn't win the strap at least once.

Devitt v Steen, Devitt v Orton, Devitt v Ambrose, Devitt v Rollins. So many sick feuds.

Exciting times for Irish wrestling fans.
    Devitt vs. Bryan in a 60 min last man standing match please...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

tumblr_l7lyasjWfu1qzwfmeo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJP67HANH6OVWEMMQ&Expires=1415451001&Signature=a7IPLP8%2BNhBIg5YHxUrDCRvRi9w%3D#_=_

The write ups are important to them. remember this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Angron wrote: »
    It's more like Balor was king of a demon like race, not that it literally translates to demon king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balor

Advertisement