Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Looks really good, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whytoojay

There is an official NXT Devitt tshirt on presale over on the WWE site as of now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

whytoojay wrote: »
    There is an official NXT Devitt tshirt on presale over on the WWE site as of now

W08743.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT Paint job.

B4noH4_CUAAdgCu.png:large

He's learning to play to the camera:

JKaTmEe.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wonder what he will do with the paint.

Maybe keep the upper body paint but ditch the face paint unless its a very special occasion. He could wear a mask to the ring for his entrance and would provide a good moment when its removed.

Or keep all or some of the face paint and only use the body paint on the special occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd keep the body paint for matches (it sets him way apart) but do backstage segments and promos as himself. He's got championship potential and the paint gimmick is one that'll likely have a shelf life (not to mention there are only so many ideas you can run with and the house show schedule will be hell if he has to do it nightly), so you want to keep that recognition factor going and not cover him up.

• Advertisement

I suppose the T-Shirt could be a clue, the face paint around where he would have a beard normally would allow for some creativity/expression of something different but retain ability to be recognised as you would still see his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Looks like the airbrush job he got done for the wrestle kingdom show. (The alcohol based paint)

Garseys wrote: »
    Looks like the airbrush job he got done for the wrestle kingdom show. (The alcohol based paint)

I scrapped a pass for Junior Cert art. :P

But if it doesn't sweat off in a few minutes it is the expensive stuff that New Japan can afford. The paint he wore on the Indies came pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Apparently he will be wearing that face paint in NXT for the foreseeable future according to PWInsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't recognise the bodypaint. Was it just a generic non copyrighted creature?

Just read one of the new Star Wars characters would be named Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Fergal would have been a much scarier name for a creature in a Star Wars movie. Finn is for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Finn is for football.

FINNY ON THE WING! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd imagine with the ring gear it is a permanent look. Looks pretty awesome with the jaws n that. I have no doubt it will get him over epic. Be cool to see the sight chance ups for PPV.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    FINNY ON THE WING! Thank you.
    Friends of mine called their son Finn after Finn Harps. It was a pretty strange choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have to admit, I'm worried about the facepaint being a permenant thing, mainly because I worry Vince will look at it and go "midcard joke act", ala Boogyman.

Don't get me wrong, I fully get how talented and awesome he is, and think the facepaint looks great. But I worry when Vince sees him, he won't see main eventer....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd like to see him keep it in reserve and have it as a sort of dark place he has to go to when he's finding it hard to beat an opponent. Keep it as a special occasion. Be easier for him as well not having to do the paint every match. Also the more you see something the less impact it has

You said it perfect there Incognito Man. A dark place that he has to go to when is finding it hard to defeat an opponent. That would actually make the most sense kayfabe-wise as well I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports from taping say that Finn did not sport the body paint at all, and the tapings were up to mid-January.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I'd like to see him keep it in reserve and have it as a sort of dark place he has to go to when he's finding it hard to beat an opponent. Keep it as a special occasion. Be easier for him as well not having to do the paint every match. Also the more you see something the less impact it has

Exactly, it should be like Cactus Jack is for Foley. Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports from taping say that Finn did not sport the body paint at all, and the tapings were up to mid-January.

Thank god for that!

Sure you never know, they might still just cut him from the show if he's getting over too much. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thought his punches were ****e.

I wouldn't like to get one off of him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Didn't like his body paint. It looked a bit off. Also it's looked much better before!

Advertisement