Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Before you continue reading, let me stress that I'm a fan of Fergal/Finn and hope he makes it big one day.

I'm very worried that he is suffering from smark-love from the full sail crowd. I was a bit iffy when I saw the entrance, but it's as if he can't put a foot wrong at the moment in the crowd's eyes. He could come out wearing a sombrero and they'd cheer all night.

If he's to carry this over to the main roster, will it get over in front of a crowd of 4,000 at a Smackdown taping in Alabama that's primarily kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I loved the part with the lights coming on for a second or 2 when he made certain movements.

I'd like to see the entrance when it's in a full on raw or ppv I presume they will keep working on it. He'd want to to slightly distance himself from the Boogeyman ntype movements at the start though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Before you continue reading, let me stress that I'm a fan of Fergal/Finn and hope he makes it big one day.

I'm very worried that he is suffering from smark-love from the full sail crowd. I was a bit iffy when I saw the entrance, but it's as if he can't put a foot wrong at the moment in the crowd's eyes. He could come out wearing a sombrero and they'd cheer all night.

If he's to carry this over to the main roster, will it get over in front of a crowd of 4,000 at a Smackdown taping in Alabama that's primarily kids?

I think it would.

He's already got the internet fans on his side. I can see kids really latching on the paint thing if it's a permanent/semi permanent feature. Plus he's not a bad looking fella so the girls/women will probably cheer him.

Add to that the fact that he's not boring in the ring (from the little I've seen) and he's got one of the coolest themes in the WWE right now and I think it's all set up for him to be a big hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Holy **** indeed at his entrance.

Not a fan of the headgear though. I think it sullies the paint somewhat and makes his hair looks **** afterwards. And I'd agree though that they need to sort out some of his movements to avoid inevitable Boogeyman comparisons.

It looks like the paint is going to stay the same which I don't like, there's a risk of it getting boring if they don't vary it up. I'm not against it only coming out on PPVs or big occasions and seeing "normal" Finn during the working week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

B4xjoW6CQAIEZLm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think that's the problem for any NXT star until it becomes mainstream watching.

I didn't watch but I'm sure Dallas and Rose were really relevant characters on NXT that the fans reacted to. As much as I love Dallas, both guys seem finished in WWE before they've really got going. I guess it comes down to how you adapt......or perish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I get what people mean about the Boogeyman comparisons. If I'm being completely honest, I marked the **** out for his entrance but I also had that thought gnawing away at the back of my mind, annoyingly.

Here's the big difference, though: Devitt is one of the best wrestlers in the world. Boogeyman was, legitimately, probably one of the worst during his WWE run. Not just in WWE, in the world, he was awful.

Despite what some wrestlers who don't achieve the success they feel they deserve say - and, as a result, some fans believe - promoters want their wrestlers to succeed. You don't pay a guy constantly knowing he's never going to do anything for you, you invest in the potential you believe you see. WWE want Devitt to make millions for them if he's capable of doing so. If the paint works - and it definitely sets him apart right now - they'll go with it and watch him soar. If it doesn't and he shows them enough, they'll repackage him and go another route. Devitt is more than capable of keeping them interested with his ability. All Boogeyman had was a look and gimmick that intrigued Vince, when that failed to connect he was done.

So the face paint, for now, is a good thing. It's something for them to work with, a reason for them to notice him above the rest of the pack. If it catches fire, great. If Vince doesn't get it or it doesn't get over, it's just a case of him having to go the longer route to the same goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

W08743.jpg

Potentially stupid question but is there anyway of getting this shirt without incurring the 50 dollar delivery charge of WWE shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Looks like he has a fan......

B4xfxXrIAAAYPiX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I pre-ordered the shirt last night. It won't be in stock until Stephen's Day according to the site.

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered the shirt last night. It won't be in stock until Stephen's Day according to the site.

Do you know if that's on Wwe Euroshop? If not is it possible to get it from the regular WWE Shop when in Ireland?

Wish I could help, Andersonisgod.

B4ySz9fCMAIX7bj.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Wish I could help, Andersonisgod.

Ah it's no problem, I'll try to figure it out and with any luck I'll be wearing the shirt on an almost permanent basis by January

If this was some midcarder or something I'd recommend Ebay as some UK based reseller (a fan) probably will have it. But given Balor's popularity you will probably have to bid big money for it. Hate living on an island sometimes.

rovert wrote: »
    If this was some midcarder or something I'd recommend Ebay as some UK based reseller (a fan) probably will have it. But given Balor's popularity you will probably have to bid big money for it. Hate living on an island sometimes.

Ye I was thinking of looking beyond official WWE realms but, as you say, I'd probably have to pay way over the odds. I'm going to the show in Dublin in April, maybe it'll be on sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I bought it off of WWE Shop to ship to folks' in Belfast, shipping was $20 but as shirt was $14 I thought overall it was just about reasonable when getting caught up in the buzz.

I'll be wearing it around Cork come January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I bought it off of WWE Shop to ship to folks' in Belfast, shipping was $20 but as shirt was $14 I thought overall it was just about reasonable when getting caught up in the buzz.

I'll be wearing it around Cork come January!

Parcel motel so would be Yer best bet lads!

I went for it, got the shirt on WWE Shop.com, altogether, with shipping, €37 so not too much of a stretch, fingers crossed it works out.

I went for it, got the shirt on WWE Shop.com, altogether, with shipping, €37 so not too much of a stretch, fingers crossed it works out.

You'll get hit for import fees aswell afterwards!

Do you know if that's on Wwe Euroshop? If not is it possible to get it from the regular WWE Shop when in Ireland?
    Yes, I have it being delivered to my home address. They deliver if you will pay the tolls!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You'll get hit for import fees aswell afterwards!

Ah damn, I'm not sure I even want to know how much that'll be.

Ah damn, I'm not sure I even want to know how much that'll be.

When I got the miz's HELLO im awesome tshirt it was more then the feckin tshirt!!!!

When I got the miz's HELLO im awesome tshirt it was more then the feckin tshirt!!!!

I suddenly feel slightly sick, would this import fee come from the card details I gave to WWE?

I suddenly feel slightly sick, would this import fee come from the card details I gave to WWE?
    No it's a seperate customs/courier bill that you pay yourself afterwards!

No it's a seperate customs/courier bill that you pay yourself afterwards!

Lovely, I dived headfirst into this, a lesson has been learned.

It is deducted from your credit card though, so once you order it, you don't have to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still, that is full on robbery for a t-shirt.

It is deducted from your credit card though, so once you order it, you don't have to do anything.

Ye I paid the €20 for delivery charges so I kinda hope that includes the import fee.

Anyway thanks everyone for the help and feedback.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They will be on sale in Stephens Green shopping Centre soon enough going by the facebook of that one shop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RE: Custom fees.

I generally find if you keep your order below €50, they shouldn't bother you. Have had a few orders of things in recently for 10-30 quid and nothing, but the second you go to €51, suddenly the postman has the hand out :/

Advertisement