Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you think that Fergal will turn on Kenta or would they play it out like the Neville/Zayn thing?

I'd guess they won't be in NXT together long enough for it to be an issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Isn't that what they called Fandango's leg drop once upon a time? .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Isn't that what they called Fandango's leg drop once upon a time? .....

I knew it sounded familiar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Full sail university

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd guess they won't be in NXT together long enough for it to be an issue....
    It would be nice if the 2 of them never feuded and maintained a professional respect.

Hopefully this nothing:
    Our WWE NXT correspondent Tara noted that Finn Balor appeared to suffer an injury at last night's NXT live event in Cocoa Beach. Balor and Hideo Itami lost a Triple Threat to Adrian Neville.

According to our correspondent, Balor took a hurricanrana from Neville and may have landed bad. Balor worked the next few minutes of the match before it ended but quickly left to the back and was noticeably limping.

Another fan report from PWInsider notes that Balor continued to do springboards after taking the first hurricanrana but did leave in a hurry to the back after the match was over. Their report adds that Balor left "on one leg" and got some help in the back.

It could just be a case of Balor selling but we will keep you updated.

And this sucks on another injury note:
    Braun Stowman (Adam Scherr) posted on his facebook that he had to have back surgery for a bad herniated disk. I'm not sure what the recovery time is for that but i did read he made his debut at a live event in December. I hope he recovers well.

Balor didn't wrestle on tonight's NXT show which is worrying.

Devitt is really tough and "professional" in terms of fulfilling dates but the medical standards in NXT are quite conservative/cautious compared to New Japan where you need to have a broken neck for them to pull you off a show. Hope NXT are just being precautious about a potential Wrestlemania main eventer. I asked two people who were at the show he was supposedly injury on. One didn't notice and said Itami left the ring just as quick the other person said it seemed like he JUST tweaked his knee. The town he didn't wrestle in tonight draws like 120 people so better safe than sorry.

Either that or this is a massive work and he's the Royal Rumble :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    Balor didn't wrestle on tonight's NXT show which is worrying.

Devitt is really tough and "professional" in terms of fulfilling dates but the medical standards in NXT are quite conservative/cautious compared to New Japan where you need to have a broken neck for them to pull you off a show. Hope NXT are just being precautious about a potential Wrestlemania main eventer. I asked two people who were at the show he was supposedly injury on. One didn't notice and said Itami left the ring just as quick the other person said it seemed like he JUST tweaked his knee. The town he didn't wrestle in tonight draws like 120 people so better safe than sorry.

336x199px-LL-ffcde97d_edge.gif

I'm officially excited.

His entrance probably takes longer than a 2 minutes interval!

Seriously though his future projection is at almost too good to be true levels so I hope it is nothing serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rovert wrote: »

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]

I'm officially excited.

Do we really want him in the Rumble? i would be worried that he would come in and just be a 'new guy from NXT' like Bo Dallas was before years ago to people who dont watch NXT.I saw a comment on a site that reported top star injured that said who is he and he is not a top star. People would just say he looks good before he is thrown out.He hardly would do a cool entrance with paint in the time it takes for the next guy to come out. Unless he comes in and throws a load out to break the record I would view it as a bad idea. Let him debut on Raw or do a full entrance to interrupt the Rumble title match !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Do we really want him in the Rumble? i would be worried that he would come in and just be a 'new guy from NXT' like Bo Dallas was before years ago to people who dont watch NXT.I saw a comment on a site that reported top star injured that said who is he and he is not a top star. People would just say he looks good before he is thrown out.He hardly would do a cool entrance with paint in the time it takes for the next guy to come out. Unless he comes in and throws a load out to break the record I would view it as a bad idea. Let him debut on Raw or do a full entrance to interrupt the Rumble title match !!!!!!!

Yeah, better to have him appear on a Raw or interrupting a singles match at a PPV, with all the bells and whistles of his unreal theme/entrance. With the Rumble, he'd have to win it to make the same impression, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Now why would he go and say something like that? He obviously has a very good sense of humor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Another way would be have Balor come in and eliminate Daniel Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think he needs a new entrance for the main roster anyway. His current one is grand for the short walk in NXT, but don't think it would work in the main shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that
    The Rock will definitely be at the Rumble, although his role is yet unknown

This was ruined for me on 411mania.com with no warning. They used to be such a solid site but lately the click bait mentality has gone into overdrive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the connection with that and Prince Devitt? :confused:

PWInsider said he has an ankle injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think he needs a new entrance for the main roster anyway. His current one is grand for the short walk in NXT, but don't think it would work in the main shows.

You'd imagine the long drawn out ones would be for special occasions surely?

Balor pledged to do this:

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/563705019481194497

Well they raised $11,732.

It is a plunge in a wave pool filled with freezing water for Special Olympics Florida.

The NXT team has Balor, Lynch, CJ Parker, Tyler Breeze, Solomon Crowe, Dana Brooke, Carmella and Bayley.

Caught up on the last two episodes of New Japan on AXS TV. Miss Prince Devitt the little bollox:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who woulda thought there would be a number one contender match for a WWE title between a Bray man and a Geordie?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who woulda thought there would be a number one contender match for a WWE title between a Bray man and a Geordie?

Definitely have the feels. Avidly followed Neville's career for a long time. Saw him wrestle for Irish Whip Wrestling in 8 years ago. As I've said several times over the past year go out of your way to enjoy Balor, Lynch and Sheamus's success as Ireland most likely won't produce a trio that will be signed to WWE in your lifetime. Also given the main roster WWE is the pits these days! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Are we expecting body paint again tonight?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Are we expecting body paint again tonight?

Yes and most likey the same design.

They just released a new shirt with a similar design as the old one.

The old one:
    Finn_Balor_Arrival_T-Shirt.jpg

The new one:
    B9hkKQjIIAAbsbJ.jpg

Probably just cheaper to produce and they made the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Not a fan of the updated shirt to be honest. I've worn the other one a few times and have had genuine querys as to where I got it.

NXT have great shirts though. Will definitely pick up that Zami Zayn one and the Bayley one for a laugh

Advertisement