Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not a fan of the updated shirt to be honest. I've worn the other one a few times and have had genuine querys as to where I got it.

With enough washes your shirt will look like the new shirt. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    With enough washes your shirt will look like the new shirt. :p

For some unknown reason every Daniel Bryan shirt I've ever owned has gone funny in the wash! No matter what I do they always discolour on the front print!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

For some unknown reason every Daniel Bryan shirt I've ever owned has gone funny in the wash! No matter what I do they always discolour on the front print!

Take pictures and email www shop! State how unhappy etc you are and that you won't order again and theyll replace them all then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Take pictures and email www shop! State how unhappy etc you are and that you won't order again and theyll replace them all then!!

Couldn't be arsed at this stage, I've had them long enough now in any case. I bought them at Dublin house shows and can only assume they use lower quality materials for European Event Merch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Couldn't be arsed at this stage, I've had them long enough now in any case. I bought them at Dublin house shows and can only assume they use lower quality materials for European Event Merch

If chance my arm!worst case is they send you replacement shirts for free!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I got a unofficial Bryan beard shirt off of Amazon for £10. The quality is worth the dosh.

New Balor shirt looks gack. The SPLX shirts were much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Spoiler ! For the love of god don't look at the image!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Spoiler ! For the love of god don't look at the image!!!!

What the hell?

Gore! Gore! Goooore!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that's ****ing random....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Well, that's ****ing random....

Another weird Balor match from relatively nowhere
    Brian "Spanky" Kendrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can I be honest and say that I have a soft spot for
    Rhino
    ? He was one of the first non-WWE guys I saw when I first tuned in to wrestling.

Another weird Balor match from relatively nowhere
    Brian "Spanky" Kendrick

I1QlwV0.gif

By the sounds of it, he was using
    THE
    gimmick too. So happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Great Pic here

B9qUO8NCYAEt5PO.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He seemed to take a nasty bounce off the edge of the ring ramp just after that! Managed to disguise the pain of it by crocodile crawling around the ring, but I'd say he has a nasty bruise on his arse after that spot.

An File wrote: »
    He seemed to take a nasty bounce off the edge of the ring ramp just after that! Managed to disguise the pain of it by crocodile crawling around the ring, but I'd say he has a nasty bruise on his arse after that spot.

That's been happening for years with him. Don't want to be callous or cold but "he can take it". It was his signature spot in New Japan. Watched him do it 100s of times. There were occasions where I saw him land REALLY badly and I would ask his friends if he was he ok. Nearly every time I was kind of made fun of for asking so I kind of stopped. He's very durable for the style he wrestles and just tough overall. There's a sense of fatalism about the conseqences of the dive in particular too.

Watched Rival a second time last night and got a lot more out of the last three matches upon reviewing. Simply there's just a lot to Balor's presentation.

006_BALOR_02112015ca_0123-3546109185.jpg
    007_BALOR_02112015ca_0105-2474342498.jpg
    001_BALOR_02112015ca_0048-1705957782.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

An File wrote: »

I'm always amazed how uncommon it is for guys not to be seriously injured during high-flying spots. You can probably count it on one hand.

I know even bump-wise the ring is fairly unforgiving but stuff "over rope" or into the baracade. Even if you're landing on someone There is no way you can ease it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

One thing I'm delighted about is that Vince or anyone didn't steal the bodypaint idea and give it to Baron Corbin or the like.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm always amazed how uncommon it is for guys not to be seriously injured during high-flying spots. You can probably count it on one hand.

I know even bump-wise the ring is fairly unforgiving but stuff "over rope" or into the baracade. Even if you're landing on someone There is no way you can ease it.

Like I said on Twitter last night Finn crawling around like Demon until he gets the feeling back into his legs after doing his dive outside is much better than what he used to do in New Japan etc: standing up like an old man, trying to walk it off for 30 seconds and then returning to his opponent.

• Advertisement

Watched Rival a second time last night and got a lot more out of the last three matches upon reviewing. Simply there's just a lot to Balor's presentation.

006_BALOR_02112015ca_0123-3546109185.jpg
    007_BALOR_02112015ca_0105-2474342498.jpg

Any idea where I could get high res versions of those ? Phone wallpaper !

002_BALOR_02112015ca_0022-2781130291.jpg

010_BALOR_02112015ca_0091-3012202636.jpg

005_BALOR_02112015ca_0013-2404865480.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wonder if they will go with the dark, mysterious balor character, the clean cut finn persona or Real Shooter New Japan persona on the main roster.

Being the nice guy who does his talking in the ring, who goes with the paint during the quarterly specials is grand for NXT as it fits the audience profile.

The dark persona might need to evolve into a costume for his entrance (the he removes) but keep some of the mannerisms/staying in a mysterious character during his matches. Going from the dark persona to good guy Finn backstage might look a bit odd.

Clean cut Finn could get lost a bit on the main roster, I think he would need to be his Real Shooter arrogant bullet club persona to stand out.

Obviously he is a stand out wrestler but that doesn't go far in its own right on the main roster.

What do others think, expect from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Crawling around in red and black paint you say

boogeyman-88.jpg

Honestly, I do fear for Devitt when he gets called up, cause Vince will see him as a younger, fitter Boogieman :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly, I do fear for Devitt when he gets called up, cause Vince will see him as a younger, fitter Boogieman :(

Hope he bites off Charlotte's mole

Bullet Club still reports to their boss

spRcuDs.png

Should have stood beside Enzo instead mate
    tumblr_njy83vdSt91tfdt9co1_500.png

• Advertisement

Should have stood beside Enzo instead mate
    tumblr_njy83vdSt91tfdt9co1_500.png

Ah in fairness, Big Cass is 7 feet tall.
    And you can't teach that

Advertisement