Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Finn or Cody Rhodes? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fan photo from last night.

B_f5YWaVEAAeNpX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Finn's dropkick into the turnbuckle being turned into the swing was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

WWE has trademarked this logo, http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-86553544.html

so expect new t shirts soonish

montyrebel wrote: »
    WWE has trademarked this logo, http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-86553544.html

so expect new t shirts soonish

This may cause some grief:

PWInsider:
    B_v-KkRWQAAfXSk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Didn't the founders of BC get Halls blessing to use it and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Hall and Nash were both cool about it as far as I know.

What does that even mean though?

On a strict pro-Devitt note I don't know how widely known it is although Karl Anderson said it on the Sam Roberts podcast but none of the Bullet Club has never received any royalties from the sale of their shirts from New Japan. Not even Devitt even though he helped develop the concept. They've asked New Japan occasionally only to be met with the sly Japanese business tactic of suddenly pretending not to know English. They've simply gotten tired of asking New Japan liaison Tiger Hattori at this stage. They think if they press too hard it will probably effect their push. So at least Devitt will make money off this WWE merch if it is indeed for him even if it hurts his mates in the short run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

rovert wrote: »
    What does that even mean though?

Legally it probably doesn't mean squat unless they whisper in Trips ear to call off the hounds and even if they were so inclined it'd probably boil down to Vince anyway.

Wait and see as the old axiom goes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Interview in the Herald.....

Finn Balor is set to become Ireland's next WWE big name, and he can't wait to show off his skills when the live wrestling extravaganza comes to Dublin next month.

Bray native Finn - real name Fergal Devitt - said it will a dream come true to perform at home after spending eight years as a professional wrestler in Japan.
    "I'm really excited. I remember being 10 years old going to The Point, as it was called then, to see the live shows and I was blown away," he told the Herald.
    "It gives me goosebumps to think of me going back to perform there 20 years later.
    "To walk out into the 3Arena and have the same people who I went to those shows with in the crowd supporting me is quite surreal. I'm buzzing about it."
    Finn said he has had much more recognition since joining the WWE and was even stopped in the street by fans when he came home at Christmas.
    selfies
    "I was home a lot when I lived in Japan, but the wrestling scene was so low-key, especially in Ireland, and I never got recognised," he said.
    "But when I was home after Christmas I went out with the lads. The Reality Bites: Smack 'Em Up show had just aired on RTE and news about me joining the WWE was out and I got recognised loads. It was quite surreal to see the reach the WWE has in Ireland and around the world.
    "People wanted selfies and they were all wishing me well - it was humbling."
    Finn (33) is on track to claim the WWE's NXT title, but tries not to listen to what the critics are saying.
    "I f you believe the good, you'll believe the bad," he said.

What's the biggest audience Devitt has worked in front of in Ireland? I know Wrestling.ie drew really well last year with him on their shows but I never saw any claimed attendances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got my Balor t shirt this morning that I got cheap thanks to the network voucher. Happy. Also thrilled that it seems so likely he is Dublin bound. Hoping for face paint on the night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Got my Balor t shirt this morning that I got cheap thanks to the network voucher. Happy. Also thrilled that it seems so likely he is Dublin bound. Hoping for face paint on the night :P

What way is the material? The usual fruit of the loom/heavy cotton, or light & tight? :D

Two weeks time lads. The match has already been taped:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

What way is the material? The usual fruit of the loom/heavy cotton, or light & tight? :D

I bought the Catch your Breath t-shirt, which is basically the one without his face on the front. It's sort of a heavy/soft material, quite nice.

Just missed out on the $20 off voucher on WWE Shop.com as I wanted to get the Finn Balor beanie.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a heavier shirt. Dont see a FotL tag on it though.

This piece covering Balor & Lynch:
    http://www.wwe.com/classics/arse-kicking-irish-superstars-26098981

No reference to Finn training her.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Nice to see Bullet Club getting a mention

Balor made his WWE debut last night against Tyler Breeze:
    https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/579514269911273472

Very excited for what the next 8 days have in store.

https://twitter.com/lunaticfr1nge/status/579552409803845632

Apparently he didn't get much of a reaction coming out. It was a very children heavy crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/lunaticfr1nge/status/579552409803845632

Apparently he didn't get much of a reaction coming out. It was a very children heavy crowd.
    Imagine the difference if he pops up the Raw after mania!

0XXmGuq.jpg

Sasha's boyfriend is the other lad

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Saw this ad in today's Irish Independent Pretty Cool
    wwelive_zpsz7x5rolb.jpg

That's all levels of awesome.

• Advertisement

Balor bumped Daniel Bryan off the original poster:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_I1m2AVIAERsBa.jpg